Kiira Korpi | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Kiira Korpi

AnnaTheMusician

On the Ice
It was so heartbreaking to see Kiira messing the SP today. :cry: She said in an interview that she lost it totally, after failed 3F she couldn't gather herself anymore. I think she needs a long holiday now. And she will be stronger and in her own level next autumn! I really trust her. Do you have any idea if she is going to get any GP spots?

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
So sad she won't be in the Free skate. I haven't seen her SP yet, but I guess she just didn't have enough time to train and prepare after her recent illness.

I hope she will come back next season, fit and healthy, and no more injuries or illnesses.

Violetti

On the Ice
How calm she seemed to be at KaC even though she must have felt awful. I would like to see her skating well, at least at her own level for one season at least. She needs more practice and more competitions and no more illnesses.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Seems Kiira has been working with Shae-Lynne Bourne - I guess choreographing new programs?

Kiira has been assigned a GP event this season, Trophee Eric Bompard. I was planning to go to TEB anyway, but I'm extra happy to know that Kiira will be there (along with several other of my favourite skaters).

I'm planning to go to Finlandia Trophy this year too, I hope she will be competing there too!

The Finn

Record Breaker
Kiira has been assigned a GP event this season, Trophee Eric Bompard. I was planning to go to TEB anyway, but I'm extra happy to know that Kiira will be there (along with several other of my favourite skaters).

I'm planning to go to Finlandia Trophy this year too, I hope she will be competing there too!

Does anybody know what has happen to Kiira since it seems she has withdrawn her participation to the TEB?

hamaguri

Record Breaker
i really love her and was looking forward to her coming back... the news is worrying me..:cry:

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Does anybody know what has happen to Kiira since it seems she has withdrawn her participation to the TEB?
Oh no... that is bad news. Whatever happened, I hope nothing serious - but it is worrying that she is withdrawing from a competition that is still several months away...

Last edited:

ivia

Rinkside
She moved to Italy and is no longer coached by Carlos Avila de Borba (more in a press conference on the 27th).

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I don't want to believe it til it's properly announced, but it doesn't surprise me if it's true.

After all the injuries and bad luck, that kept her out of competition for so long... I have wondered for quite some time if she would simply retire. But I also hoped that she would have at least one more season, fully fit and competing at top international level before she retired...

Shame if she does retire - her mature, elegant and graceful skating is rare... and it would be a great loss for Finland, especially with World's in Helsinki 2017.

Last edited:

pohatta

On the Ice
The situation was also difficult with the Finnish federation, as she couldn't earn extra spots for next year's Euros or Worlds. Some felt she was standing in the way of the younger skaters.

Pika

Final Flight
Oh no... I suspected that after she withdrew from TEB but I didn't want to believe it... :cry: :hopelessness:

Meoima

Match Penalty
The situation was also difficult with the Finnish federation, as she couldn't earn extra spots for next year's Euros or Worlds. Some felt she was standing in the way of the younger skaters.
Sigh... I am sad about this, she is so elegant. Any chance we will see her in ice shows?

TMC

Record Breaker
Sigh... I am sad about this, she is so elegant. Any chance we will see her in ice shows?

For sure; I think in every news article/story I've read they make a point of saying that she will be seen in ice shows in the future :)

ivia

Rinkside
It is official, she confirmed her retirement from competitive skating today, but she will skate in ice shows. Her first performance as a pro will be in Finlandia Trophy opening event.

hamaguri

Record Breaker
I feel sad that there was no way for her but to retire... Can't imagine I never see her at competitions...
It is nice she will perform at Finlandia celemony! :)

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
Piece of advice to anyone reading the various articles online: do not venture into the comments section. People are absolutely horrible, or at least her compatriots are :cry: