Ekaterina Bobrova & Dmitri Soloviev | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ekaterina Bobrova & Dmitri Soloviev

TheGothicEme

On the Ice
what's so wrong about it? Virtue, Domnina, Davis, Cappellini (season 2009-2010 her hair was red), Pechalat... all dyed their hair several times. Why Bobrova can't?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
what's so wrong about it? Virtue, Domnina, Davis, Cappellini (season 2009-2010 her hair was red), Pechalat... all dyed their hair several times. Why Bobrova can't?

imo blonde hair suits her perfectly fine like Tessa and Meryl have with their brunette hair
she doesnt need to go Koklova or Anissina for that

Macassar88

Medalist
I think she looks better with blonde hair as well, but it's the off season - she can do whatever she wants - I doubt she'll keep it during the real season

Anyway, if Bobrova and Soloviev win Russian nationals,they'll be the first ones to ever win it five times (Russian, not USSR)
They are also the only ones to ever win Russian or USSR nationals four times in a row!

Macassar88

Medalist
That would be AWESOME - but I hope that it's because they deserve to and would have beaten Elena and Nikita even if they hadn't split. I want them to continue improving and get amazing dances every year.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
That would be AWESOME - but I hope that it's because they deserve to and would have beaten Elena and Nikita even if they hadn't split. I want them to continue improving and get amazing dances every year.

I seriously doubt that. I want them to improve too. But I don't see them being #1 russian pair four more years. And I actually think that Yanovskaya/Mozgov (in addition to I/Z and S/K) will challenge them very soon. It'll be amazing if B/S will win against Y/M, I/Z and S/K next four-year cycle. What a fight it will be.
I'm just hoping that their dances will be that great from year to year. I want more original and '***' dances from them, not unoriginal and boring stuff other pairs do.

Macassar88

Medalist
It's funny because after junior worlds when Victoria and Ruslan won it, everyone had written them off saying that she was a less talented version of Bobrova

And I think that they have room to improve - maybe they won't win everything, but I can't see why they couldn't at least medal at the olympics and win a WC along the way

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
It's funny because after junior worlds when Victoria and Ruslan won it, everyone had written them off saying that she was a less talented version of Bobrova

And I think that they have room to improve - maybe they won't win everything, but I can't see why they couldn't at least medal at the olympics and win a WC along the way

I didn't like S/Z as a pair tbh. I don't know about their dancing skills but their overall impression on me was average at best. And I think they were kinda slow. I don't know what Zueva can do to make a great pair from Sinitsina and Katsalapov. That's a lot of work tbh.
Yanovskaya/Mozgov, on the other hand, is a very promising pair right now in my opinion. I think they will be contenders for Olympic medal in 2022 if not in 2018.

Zhuline and B/S just need to do a solid and difficult free dance for next season. Their PCS are already higher or very close to their main opponents' (W/P, C/L). If their next FD's BV will be at least the same as W/P's and C/L's, they will beat them. Of course without stupid mistakes and injuries. I can't wait for next WC.

bramweld

Record Breaker
and people still think, or hope, that he is dating Katya? :rolleye:

Yes, because of the whole pr campaign started by Zhulin when he took over as their coach. All the photo shoots and going to many events together, the downside is people start to read too much into things. They are simply business partners.

But to be honest their are so many other interesting ways to interact as a pair on ice rather than just the romantic. This has been done to death. For this reason I really liked some of P/B work like "circus", Piper and Poirier with "Hitchcock* the new young french team C/P as well as Schoenfelder and partner with their "Bonnie and Clyde". I just hope going forward that people don't feel that every pair has to go down the route of say romantic V/M. Because at the Olympics people I believe had grown tired of the dynamic and they wanted something fresh, unexpected. I think for V/M one of my favourites was their pink floyd number. But I should stop this is a fan fest for B/S. Albeit funny enough two of their favourites for me after "crazy" were "chess" and their 2010 OG fd "adagio".

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
I think anyone who starts watching the sport assumes the pairs and dance couples date in real life. Heck, Deadspin even had a post dedicated to whether any of the pairs bang in real life. In Soviet times, most of the pairs and dance teams were encouraged to get married for pr purposes and logistic purposes. Now, some coaches such as Zhuk and Svinin actually discourage their teams from dating.

Anyway, he is with Stolbova, she is with Deputat. And they are happy staying friends.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I think anyone who starts watching the sport assumes the pairs and dance couples date in real life. Heck, Deadspin even had a post dedicated to whether any of the pairs bang in real life. In Soviet times, most of the pairs and dance teams were encouraged to get married for pr purposes and logistic purposes. Now, some coaches such as Zhuk and Svinin actually discourage their teams from dating.

Anyway, he is with Stolbova, she is with Deputat. And they are happy staying friends.

Smart.

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
Ekaterina is dating Andrei Deputat? Awesome!

There are pictures of them together on her Instagram and Davankova confirmed it on her sprashivai. I don't like the shipping that goes on with teams like VM but I actually like Bobrova and Deputat together because they both seem like great people.