Ekaterina Bobrova & Dmitri Soloviev | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ekaterina Bobrova & Dmitri Soloviev

TheGothicEme

On the Ice
I don't think it was Always the birds (why birds by the way?). I know they had a new FD and then went back to their old FD.

Anyway, I forgot to add the link to which I was referring to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fELRKt-_GHo&sns=fb

The plot of their FD is they were a pair of wild bird, in the middle of winter, they were awaken by dogs barking and gun shotting, they freaked out and flew out of their nest. But they had nowhere to turn to, until she got shot and was dying (the Four season part). And then because they were birds, they didn't know what had happened, she tried to fly again while he tried to help her. But that was all in vain, eventually she died, and he collapsed just beside her, in the ground, not fully understand what had just happened (the Requiem Mass part)

Alba

Record Breaker
TheGothicEme thank you very much for the explanation. So the birds was their first FD.
Do you happen to know which music they are using in that test skate?

DianaSelene

Medalist
TheGothicEme thank you very much for the explanation. So the birds was their first FD.
Do you happen to know which music they are using in that test skate?

The music was written by a Russian composer Dmitry Malikov and it is from a Russian tv series "And Finally I Love You". You can hear this same music used in the first part of Elena Radionova's free program when she was a junior in the 2012-2013 season. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnlHq18c0Fk

DianaSelene

Medalist
By the way, I truly did like the original Birds program performed by Domnina/Tikhonov. It was a good exhibition and Domnina portrayed a bird quite well. The problem was translating an open show program into a competitive free skate and being able to keep all the nuances of the original and make sure that the audience believes that these are birds flying across the ice. But it was hard to do that when you have a bunch of step sequences and technical elements-- you can't openly interpret this in a competition with strict rules. In the end, the whole thing just ended up looking silly and nobody saw the concept or emotions that were supposed to emit from the program. It all failed and they had to go back to last year's program.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
B&S free dance is going to be Anna Karenina soundtrack from the 2012 movie.
http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/712878

Oh, I'm so late on this one... but this is ******* PERFECT! I absolutely hate the movie, it was totally miscasted IMO (I don't even know if this is a real word). Nothing will match one of the greatest russian books of all time. But the soundtrack is perfect.

I hope she will 'die' at the end of their FD. I need DRAMA :popcorn:

Macassar88

Medalist
Oh, I'm so late on this one... but this is ******* PERFECT! I absolutely hate the movie, it was totally miscasted IMO (I don't even know if this is a real word). Nothing will match one of the greatest russian books of all time. But the soundtrack is perfect.

I hope she will 'die' at the end of their FD. I need DRAMA :popcorn:

There will definitely be drama - lots of it

Macassar88

Medalist
How do you now that? Will she die at the end? They already shared the concept of the FD? Did I miss something?:scratch:

I just mean judging from their body of work, I'd assume that Zhulin will give them something dramatic

TheGothicEme

On the Ice
actually as I remember, not one of those seasons that Boborva and Soloviev didn't do anything dramatic, you see.
07-08 Romeo and Juliet, he dies, she dies, very heart breaking
08-09 Toccata. I don't like it, it's messy, no doubt that season they failed, but really, it's full of drama.
09-10 Adagio. I absolutely hate that one, they looked like they were fighting with each other, not dancing. :bang: It's like a step backward. But again, full of drama
10-11 CHESS!!!!:love: NEED I SAY MORE? HE KILLED HER. I couldn't take my eyes away for a second during that epic performance. "Fluid and powerful. Ah... drama for the Golden Waltz. Oh wow the intensity of that was something to behold. A dramatic interpretation of Chess, really really love that" - quote B ESP commentator.:laugh:
11-12 Faust :love: seems that people hate it, don't know why but I think it's good. The lifts were to die for. She is a witch, trying to seduce him. He tries desperately to fight back but eventually succumb to her power. Nice concept, no?
12-13 The Crazy One :laugh:
13-14 Yeah... that lovely controversial one.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
actually as I remember, not one of those seasons that Boborva and Soloviev didn't do anything dramatic, you see.

13-14 Yeah... that lovely controversial one.

Haha. that was funny :)

Well, are they too dramatic now? I like it tho.

I really am worried about their costumes. I need something classic and simple. And I also wonder what part of the soundtrack they will use. I would like them to use main theme mixed with 'Dance with me' and 'Anna's last train'. It will be ******* heartbreaking...... I need to buy more tissues for the next season :cry:

I actually loved their Adagio
Didn't like their R+J
Same here. I also do not like their Faust FD. I don't even know why, I just dont get it I guess.

TheGothicEme

On the Ice
I love drama :love:
other couples I love usually have dramatic theme too :laugh:
like Tessa and Scott (that Carmen) or Meryl and Davis.
I think costume is a big problem when it comes to these two. The first costume set for Birds is terrible, so as the one for their latin one, and the one for Faust is too.. complcated.
About Adagio dance, I lie the music (don't like the voice of Il Divo, but like the music), but I don't like the choreo of that one.

Alba

Record Breaker
I love the drama too. :biggrin:
However, I do think this couple is more lyrical - funny too - rather than dramatic.
I would like to see them doing something in those two fields.

TheGothicEme

On the Ice
Dima & Ksenia, so lovely
photos-f.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xfp1/10375747_302027233298413_1381731245_n.jpg