Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
I saw this gif of them today and all I can say is good girl Kaitlyn. :2thumbs: I love that she's so self aware.

Barb

Record Breaker
I saw this too and same was at CoR. It's funny but still very strange. I hope their relationships are okay. :(

She simply is marking limits, she is an adult, intelligent who know his record. Though he always get younger girls probably is because they are easier, Kaitlyn is very beautiful, I doubt he doesn´t note it.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Can we bet that next time Andrew will be sitting in the middle? ;)

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I went to see Weaver & Poje skate at the tree lighting in Bryant Park last Friday, along with Javi, Johnny Weir, and Kimmie Meissner. Given that they're now training in New Jersey, it was a quick trip across the river for them, (unlike Javi who flew in from Toronto). They skated to "Baby, it's cold outside." I managed to get a nice snap of Andrew lifting Kaitlyn (which Andrew liked on my Instagram). https://www.instagram.com/p/BNkcYoljX8A/

A funny moment between Johnny and Andrew after the tree was lit - Andrew lifted him and gave him a twirl!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNiQEdqDWEh

slider11

Medalist
I love Kaitlyn and Andrew as a team and hopefully they are close personally. They seem well matched in many ways. Maybe just a pipe dream but they are a cute two-some!

TGee

Record Breaker
I saw this gif of them today and all I can say is good girl Kaitlyn. :2thumbs: I love that she's so self aware.

Well, definitely seems to have crossed the line. And Kaitlyn's response was perfect.

But he may also have just been mainly trying to get her attention. Looking at his elbowing her to try to get her to pay attention to their standing in first when the SD score came up the previous day, he seems to have a habit of keeping his eyes on the screen while nudging to get attention...Look at this SD video from 6:50 on...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x52izg7_coc2016-kaitlyn-weaver-andrew-poje-sd_sport

Last edited:

slider11

Medalist
Well, definitely seems to have crossed the line. And Kaitlyn's response was perfect.

But he may also have just been mainly trying to get her attention. Looking at his elbowing her to try to get her to pay attention to their standing in first when the SD score came up the previous day, he seems to have a habit of keeping his eyes on the screen while nudging to get attention...Look at this SD video from 6:50 on...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x52izg7_coc2016-kaitlyn-weaver-andrew-poje-sd_sport

He is weird....the nudging, hey take a look at those scores is one thing...but then the winky wink to Katelyn...spare me.

TGee

Record Breaker
He is weird....the nudging, hey take a look at those scores is one thing...but then the winky wink to Katelyn...spare me.

What I took from that was a very happy and pleased coach trying to make sure that his skaters were seeing the same things in the scores that he was. Basically, 'See, see, isn't it great and what we were seeking."

I think he just may have his own set of idiosyncratic ways to try to 'subtly' communicate with his non-Russian skaters while trying to keep his facial expressions within Russian norms for the situation.

.....which are definitely NOT North American norms.

Big smiles with teeth showing are very North American at best from a Russian perspective, and at worst do NOT communicate good things about the smiling person's intelligence. Morozov's tight but definite smile with the corners of his mouth turned up shows he's really pleased, and he may have been concerned that his skaters weren't seeing it.

Should also note that personal space boundaries with friends, family and their folks they are close to are different also from North American norms. But Morosov, as a coach who works in the US, should be aware of these differences and manage around them. Kaitlyn's quiet response to the touch on the knee was, as I said earlier, perfect. No fuss, just a correction.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Big smiles with teeth showing are very North American at best from a Russian perspective, and at worst do NOT communicate good things about the smiling person's intelligence. Morozov's tight but definite smile with the corners of his mouth turned up shows he's really pleased, and he may have been concerned that his skaters weren't seeing it.

Should also note that personal space boundaries with friends, family and their folks they are close to are different also from North American norms. But Morosov, as a coach who works in the US, should be aware of these differences and manage around them. Kaitlyn's quiet response to the touch on the knee was, as I said earlier, perfect. No fuss, just a correction.

Not only Russian perspective :laugh: I still cringe sometimes when I see that someone shows all teeth smile, though it explains why Americans take care of teeth so much, whitening it like crazy sometimes. I also think the situation was handled very well by Kaitlyn, and I'm sure Morozov took a hint, where the border is when it comes to physical contact.

WeaPo photos from New York:
http://turning-oysters-in-the-sand.tumblr.com/post/153991730423/patinaetphoto
http://adventuresoftheplatonics.tum...nt-park-tree-lighting-pictures-by-de0anima-on
Adorable :)

kptnciam

Rinkside
Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje

Hi! I'm quite new here so sorry in advance if anything that I post here is inappropriate. It's not my intention.

Since canadian nationals are already happening and this is a WeaPo thread and I guess everyone here adores them to the moon and back, I thought I could post here and share with you a video I made some time ago with their exhibition program from Romeo & Juliet.

Here you have it:

https://youtu.be/n-38USXdKCM

I guess this has not been posted here before. If it was, I'll be astonished xDDD and, then, so sorry for repeating myself.

I hope this is okay and is not considered advertisement or anything. I just thought some of you might like it and thought it could be a mood booster for this weekend to come. I looooved this exhibition. [emoji7]

YAY !!!! Go WeaPo !!!!

And now that I think about it, yesterday I finished listening their interview/appearance on the #IceTalk podcast from 2 weeks ago or so and I'm so excited to see their new exhibition program to Ghost.

It can be deadly [emoji173] (for my heart, I mean, and no pun was intended but now that I think about it, it's kind of funny xDDD). Ok, I finished my monologue.

Sent from my phone

Last edited:

Bahar

Rinkside
I cannot find their gala program at Canadian Nationals. Does anyone has the link for that program ? :confused: