NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
here some FD-related news from Kaitlyn's instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BWD1fDQAWXB/
and from Andrew's one: https://www.instagram.com/p/BWD1fMMhAEo/?taken-by=apoje

well, I am very excited myself about this FD in collaboration wih Lori Nichol. My only wish is to not 'overembelish' this FD with concepts, too much of symbolics - I hope for a passionate piece with musical harmony and exquisite movement:love:

and Andrew is looking soooo good in that IG picture:laugh:

Those dimples :love: :love: :love: I also hope for passionate FD. It's what they're best at, and it's Olympic season after all :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I am so thrilled that Weapo are skating their FD to Adagio from Spartacus....

I think this piece will suit their passion and elegance on the ice.... YES!!!!! So thrilled... I've been waiting for something like that for a long time !

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
A GREAT choice and a program that should be one of epic, Olympic proportions. One that will be on my play list for years to come! Go Weapo!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Those dimples :love: :love: :love: I also hope for passionate FD. It's what they're best at, and it's Olympic season after all :)

Totally agree. I first "discovered" Weapo in Sochi with Maria de Buenos Aires. Enough said. :)

I'm so happy about their choice of Spartacus. Big music, that they can put big emotion into. Also I loved Andrew quoting Julia Cameron: the creative process is a process of surrender, not control.

Mayumi1990

Rinkside
I really hope they change their SD costumes because it has zero latin connection or resemblance at all. I think they can sell the SD concept really well because they are both oozing with sex appeal but that costume needs to go or else they will be looking like wannabes.

Emilia12

Rinkside
I really hope they change their SD costumes because it has zero latin connection or resemblance at all. I think they can sell the SD concept really well because they are both oozing with sex appeal but that costume needs to go or else they will be looking like wannabes.
I do get the direction they are trying to take with those costumes, but unfortunately it just doesn't fit their body type, especially her skirt. I really like the traditional Cuban music, and the dance looks promising, but they definitely should rethink the costumes

bramweld

Record Breaker

I was like so mad. I thought they were going for a Mexican theme because the costumes reminded me of something R/T did a few years ago to limited success with a FD. I just almost cried though when I saw the actual dance. But seriously if they were going for understated elegance, then the costumes just don't work. Am I the only really mad with Morozov just now? Is he trying to sabotage this team? :sad4::mad:

Emilia12

Rinkside
what Morozov has to do with the costumes? I'm not a huge fan of him personally, but you can't blame the man for everything

brushalley

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
We need the fiery Kaitlyn in the leopard print back:( Looks like a bin liner round her backside:(

Loved the dancey moves in the SS though!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
and here... i sit... alone.... thinking about how much i love the costumes lol...

nimi

Medalist
I was like so mad. I thought they were going for a Mexican theme because the costumes reminded me of something R/T did a few years ago to limited success with a FD.
R/T? :confused:
I'm sorry but who are we talking about here? (Fewer abbreviations would be very much appreciated, especially in a context where it's difficult to deduce if the team in question is Canadian or non-Canadian, current or former competitors, top level or "second tier". There are just too many teams and too many abbreviations!)

I liked that the costumes were different from other teams we've seen but there was something that didn't quite work for me. I think it was mostly the plain white top on Kaitlyn... I think 90% of the men we've seen have been in all black SD costumes so I was happy to see the white shirt on Andrew but not so sure about Kaitlyn's look.

As for the SD itself, looks very promising to me!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
and here... i sit... alone.... thinking about how much i love the costumes lol...

:ghug:, let me put my thought this way - WeaPo look great in everything, it is just my personal, biased wish to see Kaitlyn especially in something more vibrant and with more colour in it for that SD, but well - I'll take everything if the dance itself will knock my socks off;)

the run-through gave me a really nice promise and I have my hopes - it might not look like 'big guns' and 'wowzas' all over the place, but I actually dig that Cubana Latino sophistication, maybe not very exuberant, but not less effective and impactful at the same time. And I do see the possible purpose of such theme/vibe chosen - it could be about doing less exuberant, out-there dance, but putting more care and thought in making the quality of elements and building the dance thorough the season. Cannot wait either way!

Sharla

Rinkside
Watched their SD, loved it! Can definitely tell it's not completely comfortable for them yet but the foundation is there and this will get better and better! I love the concept, not the costumes so much but they weren't awful. They are such a beautiful couple and they need their costumes to reflect that. I remember the costumes for their gorgeous waltz SD where they looked like a prince and princess...swoon-worthy. So here, I could use some more color and glitz. But anyway, it was great, they scored a 69+ with a less than perfect outing so I know it'll be great for them as the season goes along.

slider11

Medalist
Is it me or do Kaitlyn and Andrew seem a little under-prepared? Has Morozov insisted on slow, methodical development of the programs leaving them short on repitition time oin the ice? Just an observation. I particularly like Spartacus - I just hope they have time to develop it to its full potential. The SD will have to grow on me. Love them.