Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje

Sharla

Rinkside
Excited to see their programs again at Skate Canada! Wonder if they will have newer costumes, I liked the ones they used at ACI but definitely a little too practice not performance looking. I love the Spartacus music, it's perfect for skating, I hope (I'm sure) they have been working hard since ACI. Kaitlyn posted a cute pic of her at the Toronto airport, she was holding up an adorable purse that looked like a camera. I love how stylish ice dancers are.

Debrah

On the Ice
I too am very excited and a wee bit anxious too to see the evolution of their programs since ACI! I was surprised by how much my friend and I enjoyed seeing the Spartacus FD in person at ACI. I have watched it on video again several times, but somehow it just does not have the same impact of their beauty, grace, elegance, fab speed and power as it does when seen live, yes it had some debut tech issues then, but hoping these have all been resolved/smoothed out and they WILL remind everyone just how good they actually are and that the DO have their MOJO back and they along with the legendary and accomplished Virtue/Moir also deserve the podium. I like their FD costumes, OTH Kaitlyn needs a new SD costume. W/P have had some of the best costuming in ice dance, so hoping they can hit it out of the park again this all important season! Go Canada!

Sharla

Rinkside
Wow. I liked Spartacus but "je suis malade" was amazing back in the day and they are way better skaters now. So I'm seriously psyched to see the new version! Love, love Kaitlyn's new SD costume!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
weapo fans.. this was shared by mango on the canadian thread... (btw... this is where most of the action is happening for canadian skaters.... )

it's a beautiful video about what it took for weapo to bring back je suis malade...

gosh i love these two so much... i hope this is a good year for them.... and despite my dislike for lara fabian, i recognize their wonderful interpretation to this wonderful song ...

for those interested... the original version of this song...

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
wow super video!!!!!!!!!!!!:luv17:
yep I LOVE JSM:yay:

good luck WeaPoooooooooooooooo!!!!
slay SC!!!!!!!!!!:yahoo::hap10:

Sharla

Rinkside
Well they slayed the SD! Wow, great performance, Andrew was on fire! Loved the twizzles and the midline step was fantastic. Just a great SD and loved the score! New PB. Can't even begin to say how excited I am to see FD!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Well they slayed the SD! Wow, great performance, Andrew was on fire! Loved the twizzles and the midline step was fantastic. Just a great SD and loved the score! New PB. Can't even begin to say how excited I am to see FD!

this was hot hot hot...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
did you know that Poje means "he sings" ? Just found that out... not sure if Andrew does sing.. but he certainly makes us sing :)

slider11

Medalist
I say let V/M and P/C duke it out for gold. Meanwhile, mistakes happen, and a very strong SD and FD by Kaitlin and Andrew could have them slip right in. Gold for Kaitlin and Andrew is a long shot but stranger things have happened (Sarah Hughes 2002). No bad luck to anyone but I am right there with the Weapo family!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I say let V/M and P/C duke it out for gold. Meanwhile, mistakes happen, and a very strong SD and FD by Kaitlin and Andrew could have them slip right in. Gold for Kaitlin and Andrew is a long shot but stranger things have happened (Sarah Hughes 2002). No bad luck to anyone but I am right there with the Weapo family!

met the real life Weapo Fam... they are such nice people.

go WEAPOs!!!!! I think they needed to go back to a "raw" emotion skate to connect with their audience better.... and i am glad they did that. I will certainly missed Spartacus but then I realize that if ever it was performed only once, I was there to see it.... Andrew had a very hot costume... so much potential in that dance.. i hope they bring it back as an EXH..

BTW : many people have said they are retired after that games.... did K and A mention anything about that??? I'd love for them to continue a couple more years....

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
BTW : many people have said they are retired after that games.... did K and A mention anything about that??? I'd love for them to continue a couple more years....

I think first they are going to worlds in Milano. They were "interviewed" (a very small one) by someone who runs the official account of Milano 2018, asking them "how do they feel to compete there in March", so they're definitely coming !
Montreal worlds 2020... I can see them retire maybe after that but not before. They'd want Canada #1 again. A confident boost :thumbsup:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think first they are going to worlds in Milano. They were "interviewed" (a very small one) by someone who runs the official account of Milano 2018, asking them "how do they feel to compete there in March", so they're definitely coming !
Montreal worlds 2020... I can see them retire maybe after that but not before. They'd want Canada #1 again. A confident boost :thumbsup:

i hope you are right. I want them to finish in beauty and get the prizes they deserved but didn't get lol... :) their career is a bit weird as for two seasons they won everything but the big prize.... so it's a bit frustrating.

Emilia12

Rinkside
They never said anything directly, but on their interviews at HPC they sujested that this is their final season. As much as I would love to see them more, I think they are ready to move to the next thing in their lives.

Sharla

Rinkside
Sending some love to Kaitlyn and Andrew! Rough skate at GP France, Andrew crashed into the boards during warm up. Kaitlyn apparently is skating with a displaced rib, bless her, and her dress caught in Andrew's skate in the opening pose and tore. As if all that wasn't enough, Andrew couldn't grab his skate blade in the first twizzle and turned out, Level 1. :( Still they managed a 68+ score. I just love them and I am so disappointed for them but I will not despair! Don't know if they will actually be doing the FD tomorrow, saw a pic on twitter of Andrew in medical with huge ice bandage on his right knee, left knee looked wrapped too but not as much. But if they don't withdraw, Je Suis Malade is a gorgeous FD and if they skate it well, could still make bronze. (I was remembering D/W in 8th! place after the OD at CoR in 2008, they ended up with bronze, that was quite the ordeal for us fans of D/W).

Anyway, I have complete faith in WeaPo, they are an amazing team with a complete commitment to each other, so all will be well. I wish them all the best and HEAL!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I'm sad because I honestly thought they would get second place here overall without problem, after SC, and made GPF, but right now, the chances are very slim... Get well WeaPo! :ghug: The SD is great and I hope we will see it skated perfectly at Olympics instead :)