Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje

Sharla

Rinkside
Saw a practice vid this morning for their FD, they look okay! Wishing and hoping and praying for a great skate! They still could get bronze here, silver maybe but not likely. But doesn't matter, they are such fighters and I'm just excited for the rest of the season for them.

slider11

Medalist
I am disappointed with the outcome of GP France. With their injuries, it was a gutsy FD and oh-so close to winning bronze. But maybe they need the break before Nationals to heal and polish both dances. Go WeaPo!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I am disappointed with the outcome of GP France. With their injuries, it was a gutsy FD and oh-so close to winning bronze. But maybe they need the break before Nationals to heal and polish both dances. Go WeaPo!

Definitely need time to heal. They have to be 100% healthy for Nationals and Olympics.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I was so worried about them as a lot of mistakes in their SD was so unexpected for me as they rode a good mood after the new season started. I hope they recover their injuries completely until Nationals, so that they can go on to the Olympics with a healthy form. Speed recovery for them.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Beautiful drawing specs!

Now that we know that Kaetlyn skated with a displaced rib and that they almost withdrew before IdF... I am fine with them not going to GPF. Yes, with twizzles level 4, even level3, they would have been in silver here.... no issue about that... but they need time to heal and if their SD has me convinced (on of my top 3 this year) Je suis malade needs a bit more polish, which they will have time to do now... They travel regularly from NJ to Russia... not so sure another trip to Asia is needed at this point. It's not like they are a up and rising team who needs to gain PCS attention... no no... all Weapo needs to do is to skate well and they will be rewarded.

I wish them the best. They are so special. They fly on the ice and their lifts are so beautiful. There is such and endearing connection between them. I love watching them and I hope we get to see these programs when they are both healthy.

Sharla

Rinkside
Interspectator, that drawing was beautiful! You are very talented.

So Kaitlyn posted on Instagram that she just finished I think 2 weeks of physiotherapy in Toronto and she is feeling healthy again! She is just reuniting with Andrew so I imagine they will be getting back on the ice training asap. They were scheduled to go to Japan for Christmas on Ice but so far haven't made any mention of that. I wonder if her rib injury put that out of reach right now. But we'll see. I know they want to be hard at it training for nationals and Olympics. I wish them all the best right now for health and everything else for the upcoming year!

Sharla

Rinkside
Kaitlyn and Andrew are in Japan for Christmas on Ice! Yay, back on the ice and feeling better. I wish them a Merry Christmas and hope their training goes great for the exciting rest of the season and Olympics!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Kaitlyn and Andrew are in Japan for Christmas on Ice! Yay, back on the ice and feeling better. I wish them a Merry Christmas and hope their training goes great for the exciting rest of the season and Olympics!

That means they are in a better shape now, so it's a good news. I hope they enjoy the time in Japan and appear with a strong form to competition.

Sharla

Rinkside
Twizzle disaster in SD at Canadians. But I know they will come back strong in the FD. Andrew biffed the twizzles...Kaitlyn's quote after "I'll still love him, no matter what". This is everything. We fans still love ya, too, Andrew!

Sharla

Rinkside
And they were better than fine!! That FD was spectacular...they were on. Twizzles were great and the whole dance was smooth and passionate and you could see that they were determined to skate their hearts out. I loved it! Score was 120.78. :love: I know, nationals inflation, but still...I am so, so happy for them! That was the confidence boost they needed. Olympic bound!!