Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje | Page 23 | Golden Skate

Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje

slider11

Medalist
Here to welcome back W/P to the World podium! :rock: Hopefully they can find the motivation to stay for Montreal 2020.

Did you notice Camerlango sitting with them in the K&C? Is he on their coaching team again?

Yes, I thought Carmelengo sitting with them in the K&C (along with Morozov) was interesting, too. Since W/P initiated Je Suis Malade with Carmelengo and Krylova a few years ago perhaps they decied it was appropriate for the original coach to sit with them. Classy move; but not surprising! I am very happy for Kaitlyn and Andrew's bronze medal!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I just updated Kaitlyn and Andrew's OP. There are lots of new videos and Interviews. Also I added their competitive history with their previous partners.

Last edited:

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
I remember reading somewhere on this forum at the end of the season when loads of teams were moving to Montreal, that Kaitlyn and Andrew had asked Marie-France to coach them but she declined. Does anyone know why? I find it so strange Montreal would take on 3 of the top 4 US, but wouldn’t take on Kaitlyn and Andrew. With Chock and Bates in Montreal now I really hope the judges don’t relegate Weapo below them cause they are always so close to each other in the standings and Chock and Bates have bested them the last few years (apart from this year at Worlds).

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
I remember reading somewhere on this forum at the end of the season when loads of teams were moving to Montreal, that Kaitlyn and Andrew had asked Marie-France to coach them but she declined. Does anyone know why? I find it so strange Montreal would take on 3 of the top 4 US, but wouldn’t take on Kaitlyn and Andrew. With Chock and Bates in Montreal now I really hope the judges don’t relegate Weapo below them cause they are always so close to each other in the standings and Chock and Bates have bested them the last few years (apart from this year at Worlds).

Sorry meant to say that Chock and Bates have bested them when they (C/B) have skated cleanly!

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I remember reading somewhere on this forum at the end of the season when loads of teams were moving to Montreal, that Kaitlyn and Andrew had asked Marie-France to coach them but she declined. Does anyone know why? I find it so strange Montreal would take on 3 of the top 4 US, but wouldn’t take on Kaitlyn and Andrew.
It was never confirmed that they even asked. There was a rumor about them being declined by the Gadbois coaching group also before they went to Morozov, but it was not in any way confirmed then either. Perhaps this newer rumor was merely a rehash of the older one. A poster on here who seems to be some kind of insider/"in the know" about P/C and the Gadbois in general (which we have no confirmation/proof of) wrote several times that W/P were going to Montreal, so people naturally wondered what happened if there was truth to it at all. Perhaps that is the reason why the old rumor about them being turned down arose anew. But in reality we know nothing.

madforskating

On the Ice
It was never confirmed that they even asked. There was a rumor about them being declined by the Gadbois coaching group also before they went to Morozov, but it was not in any way confirmed then either. Perhaps this newer rumor was merely a rehash of the older one. A poster on here who seems to be some kind of insider/"in the know" about P/C and the Gadbois in general (which we have no confirmation/proof of) wrote several times that W/P were going to Montreal, so people naturally wondered what happened if there was truth to it at all. Perhaps that is the reason why the old rumor about them being turned down arose anew. But in reality we know nothing.

TSL spreads lots of rumors, not all of them true...I'd take it with a big pinch of salt!

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight

Yeah the post I read was from somebody who seemed to be “in the know” - they said that Weapo were declined twice - once before Morozov and again after Worlds this year, which I thought was bizarre. I wasn’t sure how it true it all was...I thought Montreal would have been a great fit for Weapo with Tessa and Scott not returning this season, but I guess we’ll never know what really went on.

slider11

Medalist
Since they are taking the GP season off, this gives K and A some time to evaluate their next move. They are certainly loved by the Asian audiences and seem to be making a good show there. Frankly, I didn't think Morozov had a particularly positive effect on them. He did add some innovative moves and different costumes but what won them the bronze in Worlds was the recycled Je Suis Malade program. If Montreal is not interested in them perhaps Marina or Igor or the Washington,DC school. Chasing Morozov from New Jersey to Russia must be exhausting. Unless he has something special up his sleeve, I'd say "pass".

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
On July 13, Kaitlyn announced via Instagram that she and Andrew joined forces with Pasquale and Igor, in Michigan, to create their new programs for this season. And, they were eager to get back to their home base. AFAIK they still train in New Jersey with Nikolai and are not chasing him from NJ to Russia. Personally, I thank God they don't train in Montreal. Would hate to see them get sucked into that Montreal treacle.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
On July 13, Kaitlyn announced via Instagram that she and Andrew joined forces with Pasquale and Igor, in Michigan, to create their new programs for this season. And, they were eager to get back to their home base. AFAIK they still train in New Jersey with Nikolai and are not chasing him from NJ to Russia. Personally, I thank God they don't train in Montreal. Would hate to see them get sucked into that Montreal treacle.

I do believe that this Bronze at last Worlds could be a call for them that when there's a will and good material, the identity and integrity of ID team will shine through. I'm also on the side saying that a move to Montreal was not necessary in their case- for me, they need just training time with no health problems, a good material they will identify with and will be connected to. I think that they still have the spark and goods to have results, they just have to go in their own pace without interruptions - and another change of training environment would do more chaos than profit in my opinion. Reaching up to Pasquale and Igor for programs could be the best thing, I am fairly confident about RD as their past SDs were really good AND they are known for their Tango skills, I hope that FD will capitalize on their maturity and emotional connection between them and music they can express.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I realized a few days ago how fortunate we are to still be able to watch Kaitlyn and Andrew skate competitively for at least one more season and likely two with Worlds in Montreal next season. Post-Sochi, it wasn't a given that they were going to continue and I think few of us predicted that they will compete after this past Olympics. So really, these additional seasons would be a bonus for us fans. I'm glad that Pasquale is working on their programs, as their most successful ones are those he choreographed or co-choreographed. Igor is technically sound with the levels so I think this is a good collaboration. If Shae-Lynn can advise them again, at least in the RD, that would be perfect.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I've noticed that the YouTube links for their 2018 Worlds performances in the first post are only in 360p, so I've uploaded higher quality versions:

SD (No Commentary 1080p): https://vimeo.com/261928692

FD (No Commentary 720p): https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6pth0w

FD (British Eurosport 1080p): https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6ptgmm

Thank You for bringing back memories from March!:thank:

I was so hyped to see them live, I remembered them the most out of practice session of SD: a vision in red:love:. And their energy...I think that this is a very smart move from them to attend some Senior B competition to gauge reaction for new programs and have a food for thought/improvement, not completely disappearing from competition map.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Thank You for bringing back memories from March!:thank:

I was so hyped to see them live, I remembered them the most out of practice session of SD: a vision in red:love:. And their energy...I think that this is a very smart move from them to attend some Senior B competition to gauge reaction for new programs and have a food for thought/improvement, not completely disappearing from competition map.
I didn't know they decided to participate in some B events. I thought the earliest we would see them would be during Canadian Championships. If it is really true, I am very happy we'll be able to see them earlier. Taking into account the Thank you Canada tour, I wonder which events they could choose. And I am very intrigued by their programs. I'm sure they will be wonderful in tango and am curious about their FS music choice: will it be something lyrical, modern, dramatic or funny?