Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i hope so much that you are right.... i heart some of their music and this is very selfish of me but I WANT TO SEE THEM SKATE :) <3
If the labrum was just frayed, it probably wouldn't be worth mentioning. However, it is totally possible to put off surgery depending on the severity of the year. She will need surgery at some point, once the labrum starts wearing away it can't heal without surgery. However, if the tear isn't too bad and she's careful not to tear it further, she can put it off till the end of the season, possibly two or even the end of the quad but she might not want to risk putting it off that long. If they haven't said anything, it's probably not that bad. Minor labrum tears generally don't start off that painful. So as long as they're careful, they should be fine to compete this season.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Well, I read about this injury on tumblr 2 days ago, but I still think of it as just gossip. They didn't say anything themselves and did not withdrew from Finlandia, so either it's not true or not serious enough, which is good :) I also really want to see theirs programs :cheer:

slider11

Medalist
I am really hopeful that Kaitlyn's injury is not severe. They have had their share of bad luck. Time for good things to happen!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Kaitlyn & Andrew confirmed on Twitter that they will go to Finlandia Trophy :cheer: So I guess all the fuss around her possible injury was just to make a fuss.

Also here is Bouqet d'Amour to WeaPo. There are awesome videos, drawings & other things!

Last edited:

humbaba

Final Flight
So happy we'll get to see them skate at Finlandia. I'm anxious to see their new programs.

TMC

Record Breaker
I can't wait...thinking about going to the Friday practices as well, just to see more of them :cheer:

tvuckic16

Final Flight
Should be a fairly easy win for WP at Finlandia, assuming they are 100% healthy and have good programs. After them, it's anyone's guess, but I suspect HB will slip into second. I guess we'll see.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
so good to hear they are good to go in Finalndia Trophy!

hope they'll have a strong first outing with their programs - I think that if they are in a good shape physically, they could do a real masterpiece with this FD, this contemporary style looks so good on them - I still go back to their 2012/13 Worlds FD to Humanity in motion by Nathan Latnier, they were just after Kaitlyn's injury, but still fabulous, without any problems it will be something! Fingers crossed :)

Barb

Record Breaker
I forget now, what is the music for their FD?

From Doris thread
Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje CAN
SD Can’t Help Falling In Love and Heartbreak Hotel by Elvis Presley
FD On the Nature of Daylight by Max Richter, Walk and Run by Ludovico Einaudi

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I guess everyone already knows that WeaPo changed their SD music to Strauss. Points wise it's probably a good decision, but I will miss Elvis :disapp:

Thank you, Doris for updating the OP with Finlandia programs. At least it won't be buried in depths of Internet :drama:

tvuckic16

Final Flight
Interesting. CB changed their SD music too... Personally, I think it is a good choice, although I didn't dislike Elvis as much as I thought I would. People consider Strauss boring, I don't. Your assignment is a waltz, use appropriate music for the appropriate dance is what I say. I am not against innovation and using modern music, but it has to make sense.

slider11

Medalist
Wow....SD changed to Strauss. Not sure how I feel about this. They obviously must have gotten feedback to switch and I guess they had to go with something within their comfort zone and easily learned. I'm sure they will add finesse and difficulty and maybe they were able to just apply sections of the Elvis routine to this one. Still, risky! I love Katilyn and Andrew very much and would love to see them take on Chock and Bates for the top position.