because his fans are spellbound when watching his performances:eek:::p

I hope this thread will be more active!

From FaOI KOBE (July 4, 5)
“Prelude in G minor, Op. 23, No. 5 by Sergei Rachmaninoff”
Corroboration with pianist Kotaro Fukuma
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZAev3q1ObMU

“Nessun dorma”
Corroboration with Soplanista Tomotaka Okamoto
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2...ambiel-collaboration-2_sport#from=embediframe

Both were with live music. Just amazing. I saw them live, and I got so excited. Especially, at Rachmaninoff, he harmonized with music perfectly in spite of live piano. The commentator is choreographer Kenji Miyamoto. He highly praised Stephan’s skating:yay:.

hamaguri

Record Breaker
I love seeing all these 30-year-old + skaters still able to keep up with the young'uns. :)

Johnny and Stephane did a spin in this clip...and Stephane lifts Meryl Davis, or tries to, anyway. :laugh: She's a brave girl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijyYQXnpnr8

Yeah, this lift is a bit scary to watch... Meryl had the nerve..

Johnny and Stephane’s spin is just fun:laugh:.

It was nice that Stephan joined the jump off at Japanese Ice show. :) 4T is incredible!

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
From Ice show at the end of August
Friends on Ice

“Can’t Help Falling in Love with You.”
Duet with Shizuka Arakawa

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x35027f_荒川静香-ステファン-ランビエール-friends-on-ice-2015_sport

I’m a big fan of Stephane. To see his performance always gives me happiness.. Stephane keeps brushing up on his skills after retirement also and is getting matured every year...

This is just a light program for the show, but their elegance, adult atmosphere, refined skating, etc… Just beautiful.:love: it’s the first time they’ve done together?

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
This is just a light program for the show, but their elegance, adult atmosphere, refined skating, etc… Just beautiful.:love: it’s the first time they’ve done together?

They actually skated together on a tv competition here in the US a few years ago, called Thin Ice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7dwF38JWtE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENquob3nU78

I think they were the only couple on the show without pairs or ice dance experience, but they have such great chemistry you hardly notice. :) Good to see them together again!

hamaguri

Record Breaker
They actually skated together on a tv competition here in the US a few years ago, called Thin Ice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7dwF38JWtE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENquob3nU78

I think they were the only couple on the show without pairs or ice dance experience, but they have such great chemistry you hardly notice. :) Good to see them together again!

Wow!:love: How cool! Thank you for sharing! Not only the performances but lovely comments (Shizuka is like a diva:laugh:.) and wonderful to see those legends..

This ‘Friends On Ice’ is the show held by Shizuka at the end of August annually. This is the first time that Stephane has appeared there and we could have the chance to see this couple! Hopefully Stephane is coming the succeeding years!:dance:

Last edited:

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Wow!:love: How cool! Thank you for sharing! Not only the performances but lovely comments (Shizuka is like a deva:laugh:.) and wonderful to see those legends..

This ‘Friends On Ice’ is the show held by Shizuka at the end of August annually. This is the first time that Stephan has appeared there and we could have the chance to see this couple! Hopefully Stephan is coming the succeeding years!:dance:
"Diva", not "deva" ;). And his name is Stephane (or, to be more precise, Stéphane) with an "e" at th end. "Stephen" is an English-American name, but Stephane is from the French part of Switzerland.

hamaguri

Record Breaker
"Diva", not "deva" ;). And his name is Stephane (or, to be more precise, Stéphane) with an "e" at th end. "Stephen" is an English-American name, but Stephane is from the French part of Switzerland.

thanks! i corrected both!:dance:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
He is :) But I can't understand what Shizuka is saying, so sometimes I'm lost what are they talking about. But thanks for the link anyway!
Has anybody else noticed how many skaters only started skating because of their sister? Stephane, Javier, Yuzuru.. I wonder how many others! Thank you sisters! :cheer:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Thanks @Pamina, I missed this program! :)

He is :) But I can't understand what Shizuka is saying, so sometimes I'm lost what are they talking about. But thanks for the link anyway!
Has anybody else noticed how many skaters only started skating because of their sister? Stephane, Javier, Yuzuru.. I wonder how many others! Thank you sisters! :cheer:

I didn’t know about Stephane and Javi being influenced by their sister in starting figure skating other than yuzu. Without those skaters, the current men’s field would be different. Thank you sisters! :cheer:

Last edited:

thoakun

Final Flight
I'm not into ice shows in general but that Ice Legends show is a bold artistic statement. Even watching it on Youtube is like a dream :clap:

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Stèphane strives to better himself and is willing to take on new challenges, even now, long after he retired from competitions. And it shows. He continues to grow as an artist. He resurrected Poeta after nearly 10 years in Ice Legends, and it looks even better and more emotional than when he competed with it way back in 2006. A rare talent. He still travels around the world because his performances are wanted everywhere, and that is surely not without a reason!

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
He resurrected Poeta after nearly 10 years in Ice Legends, and it looks even better and more emotional than when he competed with it way back in 2006.
He competed with it in 2007 and 2008, not in 2006. Also, I still think Stephane's best performance of 'Poeta' in terms of expression was at 2008 Euros, even though the jumps were slightly better at 2007 Worlds. I think, being such a perfectionist, Stephane was very concentrated during the Ice Legends performance as he wanted it to be as good as possible, so he did not let himself go completely/did not go all out in terms of emotional expression. He was also a bit slower than when he competed with this program (which is understandable) + he had a small stumble during the second step sequence. But it was still a really great performance. And Stephane said that he intends to skate 'Poeta' again in other shows, so it can become even better.

Otherwise, I agree with you completely. Stephane really continues to push himself and grow even more as a skater and artist. That's why I think it's a pity that so few people on these forums are interested in his exhibition programs and figure skating shows in general - they miss what a skater Stephane really is. They view him as that skater who competed in seniors from 2002 to 2008, and then in 2009/2010 for a bit, but he has grown so much since then in many aspects. His professional career is a very major part of Stephane Lambiel as a skater. In fact, I became a true fan of his only in 2008 (although I knew and liked him before), and have followed all of his performances at shows which I could view either live or on TV/video ever since. I actually associate Stephane as a skater at least just as much, if not even more with his programs, performances and other projects as a professional as/than I do with his competitive performances.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
He competed with it in 2007 and 2008, not in 2006.
ah I guess I had a brain fart, somehow I believed it was from 2006-2007 season! Well I guess this forum happens to mainly focus on competitively active (is that a word???) skaters, and competitions or that is my impression, on facebook I know a whole army of passionate fans dedicated to Stèphane, at least 20 of them made a trip to Geneve to see Ice Legends and he is among the most loved skaters in my skating connections, so his popularity is far from declining!!