Adian Pitkeev | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Adian Pitkeev

Meoima

Match Penalty
Umm, do you think Machida will last that much? I have a feeling he might retire before the next Olympics.
As per Adian- I hope they do not rush quad into him cause he doesn't seem to be that strong to me at the moment.
Machida said so in a recent interview, he said he will try for the next Olympic. I am not sure about the probability since he might be same age as Dai at the time and injuries will toll up, but well he wants to try so I hope he will stay healthy.

Anyways Nam is working on the 4S, still under-rotated a bit but he is working on it and he has been uploading clips on the Instagram. If Nam, with not as good jumping technique as Adian, can try the quad then there would be no reason for Adian not to.

The thing is, is it okay for their health? Plushy lasts very long despite many injuries, but he had more like 13 surgeries. I don't hope the same for these children. :eek:hwell: Nam at least seems to not get much taller because of his heritage but Adian surely will.

And admit it, not that anyone can be a superman like Plushy. :slink: he is the one and the only. It's not always wise/easy to follow his trait.

Anyways I have a strong feeling that if both Nam and Adian join senior next season, they will both try quads.

jimeonji

Final Flight
Anyways I have a strong feeling that if both Nam and Adian join senior next season, they will both try quads.
Nam is going senior. He commented on instagram #seniorbuddies or something of the like on one of his friends' instagrams.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Nam already participated in Senior Worlds, remember? He came 12th, had a random fall but it wasn't on an element so it didn't hurt him much. Kevin Reynolds didn't do a lot better this year...

Is Yagudin really 1.75? In the pics where he's standing next to Plushy (and there's quite a few of them!), he seemed more than just 3 cm shorter. Certainly seemed like he was shorter than Artur.

Ah, Kulik and his concentration... :bang: I still think he could've won 1998 and 2000 Worlds. Even if he'd made a dumb Zayak error a la 1996, everyone else skated so poorly that he would've won nonetheless. For me, he isn't as good a performer as... basically any of the other Russian champions, but his jumps themselves were a work of art. :love: If he were competing today, he'd get rows and rows of +3s. I'm disappointed he didn't go for at least one World title before retiring.

Any ideas if Adian will go for a serious or fun program in his senior debut? Since he liked Art on Ice, perhaps serious seems to be what he enjoys... but I wonder if the judges will find a fun program more "age-appropriate"? (Anyone have precedents for this--which skaters used fun programs when younger, which ones turned serious immediately?)

Kulik my 2nd love had once big problem: his concentration.
Who was your first love? :popcorn:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Who was your first love? :popcorn:
Alexei Urmanov :yay: Mishin's boys are my problem. :eek::

At the moment I have no idea if Eteri will set up a fun program for Adian, though. His style until now seems to be serious. And I don't know if he would be suitable for fun program. I am also curious about Nam's programs next season. David Wilson's choreography.

jimeonji

Final Flight
Nam already participated in Senior Worlds, remember? He came 12th, had a random fall but it wasn't on an element so it didn't hurt him much. Kevin Reynolds didn't do a lot better this year...
I thought he fell on his 3a in the short? But I could be wrong. I wasn't sure about him moving up because he hasn't had a solid junior GP run, unlike Adian. But with Chan gone, the Canadian title is up for grabs, and Nam was close to Reynolds at Worlds. Maybe Reynolds will step it up.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Alexei Urmanov :yay: Mishin's boys are my problem. :eek::

At the moment I have no idea if Eteri will set up a fun program for Adian, though. His style until now seems to be serious. And I don't know if he would be suitable for fun program. I am also curious about Nam's programs next season. David Wilson's choreography.

Mishin has another good-looking young man coming up for you. :) Alexander Petrov. He only turned 15 a couple months ago, though. He was 4th at JW, so I hope the Pitkeev/Petrov rivalry will get interesting once they are both seniors. They can still be rivals with Nam, too, of course.

I looked at Adian's VK page and he's a big metal fan like his girlfriend. ;) Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne, Pantera. I guess he could go for one of those classical versions of Metallica (though I hope he doesn't...zzz...) or he could go full-on like Kevin Reynolds. I don't know if I'd like that either.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Alexei Urmanov Mishin's boys are my problem.
Ah... Seems like Urmanov was the prince for many a lady in the '90s (lol, no love for Stojko, girls? :laugh:).

I kinda dug Reynolds' ACDC (please no boring black outfit though). But, if you're going to use vocals, let it be singing, not screaming.

Nam won Junior Worlds (over Adian, no less). I wouldn't blame his team if they thought there was nothing left for him in junior and he might as well move up.

I thought he fell on his 3a in the short?
I can't remember either, to be honest. I think he had a random fall on a non-element in the long. Not sure about the short.

Pitkeev-Nam-Petrov could be interesting! :yay: I'm afraid one of them will be relegated to the third wheel though, only capable of winning things when both the other two have a meltdown.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I have to say at this point there is no one really stands out among these 3. Adian has strong technique but not as strong presentation. Nam has less technique but seems to be a more engaging character as a performer.

Petrov is Mishin's student so his technique might be not much a problem in the coming years, but we wouldn't be sure how he will improve. So each boy has his own strength and weakness. They are still growing so we will have to wait and see.

jimeonji

Final Flight
I can't remember either, to be honest. I think he had a random fall on a non-element in the long. Not sure about the short.

Pitkeev-Nam-Petrov could be interesting! :yay: I'm afraid one of them will be relegated to the third wheel though, only capable of winning things when both the other two have a meltdown.
just checked. Nam fell on his 3a on his short but he did very well on his long, personal best of 147.31!
I'm very excited for the Adian/Nam rivalry! Petrov is still young, a year younger than Nam and Adian but the same age as Nathan Chen. Petrov is staying junior, right...? If so, I see more of a Chen/Petrov rivalry in the coming season in juniors. Hopefully Nathan has his 3a back and consistent.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Petrov's staying junior. But if he medals at Junior Worlds next year, I can see him moving senior. I'm with Meoima--I think Russia might be trying to push their young boys more.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I was watching some older programs of Adian and this one is just killing me. The costume, the shootout, the weird turn the music takes at the end... :laugh:

This was his short program from the same competition and it's like night and day compared to the LP. He looks so sophisticated for a tiny 12-year-old boy. I love it! :love:

He had such a magnificent mullet at 12...why did he get rid of it? :p

exerym

On the Ice
http://instagram.com/p/qHYAcrCy7F/?modal=true
On this photo he looks about 175 sm tall. Moris Kvitelashvilli (in red sweater) was 180 sm last season. There was a video in early april of Adian trying 4T. Close call, but still underrotated. But it was before vacation and school exams. There is no info about his new programms, except the fact that it would be choreographed by Averbukh.
About Rus. Fed. pushing him into seniors - i think it means they made a bet on him. He is a favourite junior skater of many fed. officials and i think he is stable than most of his teammates.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
^^^ I also thought he had grown quite a bit when I looked at that photo. His Wiki page says 167cm, but it may have been a long time since that was updated.

exerym

On the Ice
He was 167 sm a year ago (and 155 sm 2 years ago). I don't know how tall is Dudakov (who stand next to Adian), but Moris was 180 sm last season (and I really hope he didn't grew taller this year).
But Adian is quater kalmyk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalmyk_people) and his father is not so tall I believe, so we can hope he wouldn't grow as tall as Moris.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I think 175cm is a good height for skaters. Tall enough to make nice lines, strong enough for jumps, but not so tall to compromise balance or make you look ungainly. I'm not sure if Adian's done growing, but I think he'll put on more muscle. He doesn't yet look like a grown man (hope it doesn't affect his marks though!).