Adian Pitkeev | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Adian Pitkeev

Sorrento

Record Breaker
:thumbsup: He is a classic and elegant skater for me. Probably he will be tall and I like it.
I just hope that he will be more consistent in jumps department you know and he really needs to work on choreo because for a powerful music that he is skating to his arms have to be more vivid. I had a feeling he's been struggling through the entire 4.40 and with that kind of spirit you cannot win the judges heart.
In comparison to Nam- Adian is more elegant, yes, but that does not transfer to the actual impression of his FS. And Nam is being young silly himself with a lighter music and very consistent in every element and that leaves a very solid impression overall. So if talking about tactics- Nam's is 100% win. Adian- not so sure.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I just hope that he will be more consistent in jumps department you know and he really needs to work on choreo because for a powerful music that he is skating to his arms have to be more vivid. I had a feeling he's been struggling through the entire 4.40 and with that kind of spirit you cannot win the judges heart.
In comparison to Nam- Adian is more elegant, yes, but that does not transfer to the actual impression of his FS. And Nam is being young silly himself with a lighter music and very consistent in every element and that leaves a very solid impression overall. So if talking about tactics- Nam's is 100% win. Adian- not so sure.

Yes, you are right. :yes: But Adian is my favorite among the youngest I like to see him. Nam will never be. Sometimes this is inexplicable in figure skating.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I think the package for Adian is not very wise. I can see that Nam is enjoying his performance while I couldn't say that about Adian. Maybe they should let him skate to music that he actually likes. Some metal?

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I think the package for Adian is not very wise. I can see that Nam is enjoying his performance while I couldn't say that about Adian. Maybe they should let him skate to music that he actually likes. Some metal?

good idea ! ;) I also noticed that Adian wasn't happy.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

Well, you know they changed his LP. He originally was skating to Muse - Exogenesis Symphony Pt. 3, but after the test skate it changed. He probably liked that music better, but I much prefer the new music. The choreography isn't anything to write home about, but maybe he still needs time to develop this program.

Nam is a very good competitor, but in terms of packaging it's Adian all the way for me. I would definitely enjoy seeing him skate to metal though. :)

Meoima

Match Penalty
^I think people can see that Adian is not having fun on ice like Nam, so I suggest that they use other package for him. I can see that Adian has more potential than Nam (much better jumps and basics) but if they apply the same type of package for him I don't know if he will enjoy himself more. I hope he will get something he truly likes next time.

adelia

Record Breaker
Between Nam and Adian, the latter is definitely overall the stronger skater. Faster, better skating skills and better technique. But what Adian needs to work on is being a better performer. Most of his performances generally are pretty cold and clinical and this season, made worse by IMO poor choreography (Zhulin). His quad is also clearly not ready. Bad decision by the coach to include it in this competition. I also think he (and some others) were affected by Gachinski's catastrophic skate. His season has just begun though, so I can only see him improving from now on.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Between Nam and Adian, the latter is definitely overall the stronger skater. Faster, better skating skills and better technique. But what Adian needs to work on is being a better performer. Most of his performances generally are pretty cold and clinical and this season, made worse by IMO poor choreography (Zhulin). His quad is also clearly not ready. Bad decision by the coach to include it in this competition. I also think he (and some others) were affected by Gachinski's catastrophic skate. His season has just begun though, so I can only see him improving from now on.
it's obvious isn't it? Adian is much better jumper and he is much faster, too. But if he doesn't enjoy himself then it's really hard for audience and the judges to enjoy him.
Still he is very young and I can see him beating Nam technically in a good day.

Alba

Record Breaker
Adian can't become a Nam or Brown. I do not agree with the "having fun" thing. It means anything or nothing. But I do agree with adelia about being pretty cold, skating with his head down and he definitely need good choreo, and better choice of music IMO.
His SP was a mess (I haven't seen his FS yet), mainly thanks to Paganini's theme version and cuts.
He has that enigmatic look/attitude which can be a huge advantage, if someone can help him use that in a positive way for his performance.

I also do agree that his quad is not ready and it was bad decision to include it in this competition. Although maybe it helped him yesterday with the TES.
There is no need though to rush it. He could've include that at Euros, Worlds or even the next season. He is so young.

p.s. By the way, does anyone knows why is he using something which looks like an earplug when he skates?

adelia

Record Breaker
Not a earplug, his cross became hooked over his ear after the final spin so he had to remove it.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I've read a critic response after Russian trial skates for Adian and they said his FS Muse was a mess, he struggled through it too. I don't know what is the problem whith the music choices in his team, maybe they don't take his opinion into account, maybe he just tends to agree with his team choices but I wish that he felt happier when performing. I think he is ready to swim with sharks, he just have to believe he can bite too. ;)

Alba

Record Breaker
Not a earplug, his cross became hooked over his ear after the final spin so he had to remove it.

Oh right. I didn't even notice it, tbh, but one of the girls on FB said that he was using an earplug or something like that.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Adian can't become a Nam or Brown. I do not agree with the "having fun" thing. It means anything or nothing. But I do agree with adelia about being pretty cold, skating with his head down and he definitely need good choreo, and better choice of music IMO.
His SP was a mess (I haven't seen his FS yet), mainly thanks to Paganini's theme version and cuts.
He has that enigmatic look/attitude which can be a huge advantage, if someone can help him use that in a positive way for his performance.
I also do agree that his quad is not ready and it was bad decision to include it in this competition. Although maybe it helped him yesterday with the TES.
There is no need though to rush it. He could've include that at Euros, Worlds or even the next season. He is so young.
p.s. By the way, does anyone knows why is he using something which looks like an earplug when he skates?
I don't think it must be "having fun" but more like "comfortable with the program". Having fun might not be the right approach for Adian, but "being comfortable with the music" does sound more appropriate, doesn't it?
His quad is not ready, but it depends on his team. They might think it's better to develop Adian as a "technical skater" than "artistic skater" like team Jason Brown since jumps and speed are Adian's strength.
I don't think Nam has mastered the 4S either but he hits in in competition. the system right now is more like "hit or miss" so I can understand why they include the 4T in both his SP and LP.

Alba

Record Breaker
I don't think it must be "having fun" but more like "comfortable with the program". Having fun might not be the right approach for Adian, but "being comfortable with the music" does sound more appropriate, doesn't it?

Yes, that's what I said indeed. ;)

adelia

Record Breaker
Oh right. I didn't even notice it, tbh, but one of the girls on FB said that he was using an earplug or something like that.
I didn't notice it either until you mentioned it. So I went to rewatch his SP because I was curious. :)

I've read a critic response after Russian trial skates for Adian and they said his FS Muse was a mess, he struggled through it too. I don't know what is the problem whith the music choices in his team, maybe they don't take his opinion into account, maybe he just tends to agree with his team choices but I wish that he felt happier when performing. I think he is ready to swim with sharks, he just have to believe he can bite too. ;)
Yes, it was not good. Partly because of the poor choreography, partly because of his own execution of the routine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-c2fgmeJfM
It also didn't help that Lazukin (talented headcase from Mishin's school) uses the exact same music and his program is beautiful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7APIPfIxXIQ

exerym

On the Ice
Many people said that the Muse is not a wise choice, because Jeremy Abbot was so perfect last season. Compared to him, Adian FS was totally a mess. Lazukin is much more component, so the comparison wouldn't be for Adian.

I prefer Eteri's program for him.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I have to disagry on Lazukin versus Adian components. I think Adian's PCS are better, Andrei struggled a lot through his step sequence- it is very basic and not pleasing to the eye. Plus I really did not see a connection to the music growth during the last part- steps had no power to them, pause that made Jeremy Abbot's performance bloody fantastic was not emphasised, final spins were not that fluid- to me. But the opening from Andrei was very promising and overall he looked quite harmonious to the music. I just did not enjoy the last part as much.
I think if you choose the music that is famous thanks to one skater (in FS circuit, not in showbiz) then you should come with an owned version, not a washed with bleacher but with your own vision to it- then you can have a winning program. Andrei's is overall ok. But for Adian it had to have a wow factor for senior's debut.