Adian Pitkeev | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Adian Pitkeev

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Adian's free skate from TEB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu4W8amDGZo

Decided to reawaken the thread with this solid skate. Yes, it didn't score well because he popped two lutzes (the men seemed to be wandering around in lutz-less limbo at this event; see: Machida, Tatsuki). But he landed a beautiful clean quad, and seems to have improved on his lines and presentation.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
He was actually the least disappointing male skater for me at TEB. :laugh: (Props to Maxim for his great FS, but I didn't forget yesterday.) I see improvement and I think he doesn't like to settle for being middle of the pack. The Petrov/Pitkeev showdown will be quite exciting.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Pitkeev's was my favourite LP at TEB in terms of enjoyment/performance. Kovtun was clean but it looked like such a struggle for him to skate... and thus turned into a struggle to watch. I, too, get the sense that Pitkeev is not going to let people write him off as middle-of-the-pack.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Pitkeev's was my favourite LP at TEB in terms of enjoyment/performance. Kovtun was clean but it looked like such a struggle for him to skate... and thus turned into a struggle to watch. I, too, get the sense that Pitkeev is not going to let people write him off as middle-of-the-pack.

I agree

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20141225/796614230.html

Pitkeev skater said that learned to make cascade hops "4-3-3"

Sochi, December 25 - R-Sport, Andrew Simonenko. Silver medalist at the World Junior Figure Skating Championships last season Adya Pitkeev said that the progress achieved by the jump in four turns and in training he submits cascade "quadruple toe loop-triple toe loop-triple rittberger. "
Skater Kovtun leader after the short program at the Russian Championships >>
Pitkeev holds its first season in the adult skating. He made ​​his debut in the Grand Prix, finishing in sixth place on "Skate America" ​​in Chicago and Trophee Eric Bompard in Bordeaux. In the short program at the Russian championship 16-year-old for the first time in the competition Pitkeev performed cascade "quadruple toe loop-triple toe loop," coped with the other elements, and received 87.36 points, finishing fourth intermediate .
Young skaters often lose points for stupid mistakes - Rukavitsyn >>
"Cascade" 4-3 "he began to turn out. I have a quad toe loop has become much more stable. And after it had already gone and cascades easier - said Pitkeev reporters. - And" 4-3 "is produced in training, but I also do stage "quadruple toe loop-triple toe loop-triple loop." But in the long program to fulfill his will not. no special meaning, it is necessary to reshape the entire program, because two triple loop can not be done. "

Skater said that does not feel the excitement in the fight for the top places. "What I'd better ride, the more confident I feel. If you pretend to be anything more than a part, I feel better. The first adult championship of Russia, I was very nervous when got there. The second I was in need to get six, but it was is easier. And now the third championship of Russia, the nerves are gone completely. Quietly spoken, "- admitted Pitkeev.
Athlete responded positively to the question whether he feels like a participant in the struggle for a ticket to the European Championship. "But the main thing for me - a good ride," - said while Pitkeev.

:love:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I wonder, I've heard that loop combo is bad for your hip? Is That true? If so I hope he will not try it in competition because it's dangerous.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
So happy to hear he finally did a clean SP with a quad! I knew he had it in him--over the GP, his quads always looked good in the air but he seemed to have confidence holding on to the landing. I hope it becomes a stable jump from now on.

I wonder, I've heard that loop combo is bad for your hip? Is That true? If so I hope he will not try it in competition because it's dangerous.
I think it depends on the person. Irina did loop combos and she competed until her mid-to-late twenties. Miki has also done fairly well, considering she tried not only loop combos but quads. It's hard to get stats on the men since only a few ever tried 4T-3T-2Lo (and only... two? have done 4T-3T-3Lo). I know Lambiel had hip problems, and Yagudin too, but neither of them made the loop combo a constant part of their repertoire. The person who did, Plushy, actually seems to have done okay (relatively speaking, since he seemed to have more back/knee problems than hip problems).

I admit I'm partial to quad combinations, and it'll be cool to see Adian bring back the 4-3-3. I don't think he will though. There's no incentive to use up your triples like that, and if the 3Lo gets called UR you just screwed yourself out of points.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Is it bad that I, umm, kinda want Adian's shirt? It's sparkly and pretty but muted enough that I wouldn't look ridiculous in it... or so I tell myself. :slink:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Not perfect, but a better skate than many others today, and a bronze medal isn't shabby at all. I'm pinning my hopes on Adian now since my silver foxes will probably never be Russian champions again. :cry: