Skaters on Team Japan | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Skaters on Team Japan

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Nobu's crying moment was funny enough but then there's Evan Lysacek's face :rofl:
when I saw that yesterday I needed to go get my inhaler because that face almost killed me :laugh: it's not often that I laugh so hard that my lungs hurt

Becki

Medalist
I wish that for him, too. Not to mention he is a 3 time Olympian along with all of his "firsts" for Japan's Men's Figure Skating. I hope one day he is able to see what the rest of us clearly see. Thanks so much for all of your knowledge. I look forward to all of your snippets of information.

Yeah Daisuke should be proud of himself. He wasn't expected to be a world class figure skater when he first started the sport, and look at him now! So many FIRSTS for Japanese Men Figure Skating, including the first Asian World Champion! :)

catchie

On the Ice
Hello, dear team Japan fans!

I am asking for a bit of help from you. What exactly music (aka from which scene, does it have a special title etc. etc.) from Swan Lake was Mao Asada using for her 12/13 FS? I'm curious, because I need HQ sound for this music and I'm too tired to watch all the ballet to find the exact ones. I wonder if you can help me.

I need specifically the music which starts in this video about 2:00, 2:52 and 3:27 ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3zf0D3M1sk )

Thank you in advance! : )))))

figureskateobasan

On the Ice
A TV program? I though it was a photo shoots like the one Arakawa did her Bauer on the iceberg a few years back. http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m138kqCxhh1r1yaqpo1_1280.jpg

the tv program called itteQ, every year they have this calender-making project, so every month they asked some of their regular members (or plus guest) to go somewhere and they will use it for the cover of the calender.
so yeah, it is a part of photo shoot but they sure won't waste the chance to record their "journey" :)
I watched it last Sunday and she did the spin for like 10 seconds while the waiting time itself was like 8 hours or something because the storm just suddenly started when they arrived.

The one that Arakawa did also for the same tv program project. I have a feeling that they will ask Mao to do the same thing, maybe next year, or maybe the year after :D

deedee1

Record Breaker
Since no thread on Fantasy on Ice (Jun 7-8 @ Makuhari, Japan) has been created so far, let me allow to drop my quick thoughts on the show, which was aired on TV tonight, here.

The one who stood out the most for me tonight was Stephane Lambiel. His artistry is simply 'divine'. :love:

You guys may not believe me, but the skater who made my jaw :jaw: was Nobunari Oda by skating to Adios Nonino. While his jumps are still so Nobu (=airy), his skating was very expressive, passionate and even sexy! Oh man, I've never dreamed the day would come for me to use a word 'sexy' when talking about Nobu. Ever since Nobu moved up the the senior after winning 2005 Jr Worlds, I have been waiting and waiting year after year Nobu would some day stretch his range of his skating style/programs/music choices... What a shame, a huge shame indeed that he already retired. Hope some one will soon upload his tonight's performance on YouTube. Who was the choreographer, btw? Stephane I am wondering, because choreos were very Lambiel-esque.

Haruka Ima is the one to watch out in the new season among the current J skaters! She's debuted her SP (Malaguena vocal version). She was, how can I say?, so not-Haruka! I used to see Haruka as a skater soft, lyrical and feminine, like Mao with Chopin music. But tonight she was fierce I loved it! You will be surprised to see this new Haruka: a completely different skater from her old-self. :yes:

Stephane, Daisuke and Johnny all fascinated me a lot. As expected. Their body language while skating is still to die for! :rock:
And the honorary mention of the night is Philippe Candeloro. At age 42 he can do back-flip, and what is more, he still can obtain huge fan-girly screams! This dude is amaging. :biggrin:

mikaboo

Medalist
deedee1, I was just about to post these videos here! I was really impressed with Nobu too. And Stephane, and Haruka, and Daisuke... I haven't finished watching them all yet because Hiromi Go's singing was too distracting. I'm a bit disappointed with Yuzuru but I think he was just having a bad day. I'm really looking forward to seeing Haruka on the podium the coming season :yay:

Some videos from tonight's FaOI performances.
Haruka Imai
Kanako Murakami
Nobunari Oda

Not Team Japan, but these videos should be linked here as well.
Stephane Lambiel
The Water
Grieg piano concert in A minor
Johnny Weir
Nagada Sang Dhol

ioanna

Record Breaker
Thank you deedee1 for your thoughts and foruiz, mikaboo for the links.

I'm very excited about Haruka Imai, I really hope she gets good results next season.