Skaters on Team Japan | Golden Skate

Skaters on Team Japan

lbc2138

On the Ice
Hello all!

I noticed the individual threads for several of the Japanese skaters and thought that maybe a general thread to gush over all of them was needed. We know that Japan has been declared the home of figure skating due to the immense popularity it has in the country as well as the awesome Japanese fans that attend these shows who do their best to support every skater, regardless of nationality.

And if you haven't fallen in love with Team Japan, here are just a couple reasons! Please feel free to help me out, other Team Japan lovers.

• They're all immensely talented in their own right
  • The older skaters, Daisuke and Mao have paved way for younger skaters like Yuzuru and Kanako
  • They're huge dorks, on and off the ice
  • They're extremely humble and hard-working
  • They're all amazing to watch and seeing them grow as skaters makes us feel like proud Mamas and Papas
  • Their team chemistry is seriously one-of-a-kind! I love seeing them all together, particularly during ice shows
  • They're so much fun that there are a lot of people that can be considered as honorary Team Japan members (basically any skater that has performed at THE ICE shows)
  • There are also some up-and-coming juniors that we should watch out for on the road to Pyeongchang

Show team Japan some love!

A picture to celebrate the start of this thread.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They definetely were the cutest team in Sochi! Best Kiss-n-Cry too!!

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Love them all :)! TJ sets a high standard both in performance and deportment which is just amazing considering the amount of pressure and media attention they are under. I also like that they are not cookie cutter; they have their own individual personalities and styles which shine through. All of them are a credit to their country.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Don't forget Oda! He's still in Team Japan in everyone's heart, and still skating strong! He's just graduated to shows now.
So cute and a Daddy too.
I wonder what his daughters think of him crying so much? Or maybe he doesn't cry at home, only in public?? Heee hee.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
^Oh I think they would be proud that their Odaddy is a man who's not afraid to show his feelings in public. :)

The last Japan nationals showed us the measure of his character. Even knowing that he and Daisuke were competing to keep their respective Olympic dreams alive, Nobunari still cheered "Dai-chan." For me, that is the perfect illustration of the spirit of Team Japan.

lbc2138

On the Ice
Nobu is just the cutest, his kids are just so pinchable. Does he bring his kids to the ice shows? Or show his kids off to other figure skaters? If so, that would make me so happy haha.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Team Japan is like a big family, isn't it? They are very supportive of each other. :)

foruiz

Final Flight
My favorite team and country (other than my land of birth, of course!) at that! Aside from that they have such a wonderful crowd too, what more can we ask for!

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
^ Hmm I think that's when Oda announced his retirement in December sooo...yes that's why

peechiddy

Spectator
team japan!! i love them so incredibly much ;;;
it's sad how so many of them are retiring but im sure the next generation of team japan will be equally as talented and wonderful!!
and also .... can we please discuss nobu and kana's recent twitter pictures lmao