Skaters on Team Japan | Page 117 | Golden Skate

Skaters on Team Japan

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Re. Japanese Jr. men discussion above - I've been getting from twitter these couple of days that Sato Shun is going to relocate from Sendai to Saitama (main reason is due to relocation of family member). If that's the case, it will be adding some competitions to the juniors in Kanto regional/eastern section for the upcoming season.

I've seen that too. Providing the boys keep progressing, Shun Sato, Yuma Kagiyama and Kao Miura all competing at Kanto Regionals should be exciting. Battle of the 3As~(and maybe a couple of quads?)

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
A belated Happy Birthday to Ryuichi Kihara! He turned 26 on August 22. Suzaki/Kihara's programs last season have really won me over. Good luck and good health to the birthday boy in the new season!

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Koshiro Shimada qualified for the Junior Grand Prix final which takes place on 6-9th December!

Yuma Kagiyama is 3rd reserve, as is Rion Sumiyoshi for the ladies.
Riku Miura / Shoya Ichihashi are 2nd reserve for the pairs event. Promising for the future of Team Japan!

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
I wish them the best. I heard that they do wish to continue in future but it looks so difficult to find a new partner.
It does put a lot of pressure on Riku and Shoya, who are about to make their senior debut. I'm glad that they get to take part in WTT which should definitely be a fun competition.

I'm hoping that the recent Saitama worlds will have awoken JSF with regards to these two disciplines. In my opinion, there's still not enough motivation for singles to switch. Also double training costs, rink practise time and fewer coaches in Japan are other factors to consider.