Skaters on Team Japan | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Skaters on Team Japan

lbc2138

On the Ice
Of course! Ugh they're so cute and friendly. I just want to be friends with them >.<

And watch them live!

With some of the older ones of TJ retiring, who are you guys looking forward to officially joining the main group of skaters? I know only of Shoma Uno but any of the junior girls with potential?

YesWay

&#22235;&#24180;&#12418;&#12363;&#12369;&#12390;&#
Record Breaker
With some of the older ones of TJ retiring, who are you guys looking forward to officially joining the main group of skaters? I know only of Shoma Uno but any of the junior girls with potential?
Satoko Miyahara is already a very accomplished skater, and will probably become more prominent. She finished 3rd in nationals 2012, ahead of Suzuki. She has some growing to do I think, her jumps are still very small, and she needs to put some personality into her skating too. But she is very graceful and skillful, and she does spins in both directions which still makes me double-take every time she does it :-D

I have hopes that Haruka Imai will continue the burst of improvement she showed last season. I always thought she was a lovely, graceful and elegant skater... but I kind of thought she'd gone as far as she was ever going to. Until last year, when she showed a lot more speed, skill, difficulty, and confidence... and started landing jumps with far more consistency and reliability.

Of the junior ladies, there is Rika Hongo and Riona Kato who are scoring pretty well. I wonder if Miyabi Oba will make it to the big league - she is interesting because she has a triple axel that she lands in practice, and she tried it in competition at last nationals (but UR and fall). There are many other promising lady juniors - surely at least one of them will turn out to be a "high flier"?

I don't think we'll see another lady with Mao-like star quality though... until Miyu Honda is old enough. Anybody who's seen Miyu at one of the big Japanese Ice Shows... knows what I'm talking about! She is a child actor, but she is also a very good (Novice) figure skater. She is cho-kawaii and she sure knows how to charm an audience, play to the cameras, and put on a show!

Actually, there are 4 Honda siblings, 3 girls and 1 boy... and recently they ALL won gold medals in major competitions for their respective age brackets. But Miyu is the one with the "star" personality, cuteness etc. I just hope she persues skating rather than acting.

For the men, the field seems a lot thinner. I don't see anyone up-and-coming that has Takahashi or Hanyu's level of "star quality". Shoma looks promising... and I guess Mura might bounce back. Then there are guys like Keiji Tanaka, Kento Nakamura, Ryuju Hino and Akio Sasaki. Maybe one of them will make a breakthrough. I'd love it if Sasaki could stabilise his 3A and learn a quad to step up his game - he has a giant personality, he skates with fire, and he's such an entertainer!

lbc2138

On the Ice
Thanks for the info YesWay for the info! Definitely looking into these skaters on YouTube

BusyMom

Medalist
Actually, there are 4 Honda siblings, 3 girls and 1 boy... and recently they ALL won gold medals in major competitions for their respective age brackets. But Miyu is the one with the "star" personality, cuteness etc. I just hope she persues skating rather than acting.

I think Marin is the better skater. She lands her 3-3 quite frequently. She is the one with more musical and artistic. Miyu's double jumps are usually short on rotation. Her speed is too slow. But she is definitely kawaii, plus she smiles most of the time. Love them all but I think siblings from the same age group usually have a hard time to be both successful. Soon their parents will need to decide to left some out.

YesWay

Record Breaker
I think Marin is the better skater. She lands her 3-3 quite frequently. She is the one with more musical and artistic. Miyu's double jumps are usually short on rotation. Her speed is too slow. But she is definitely kawaii, plus she smiles most of the time. Love them all but I think siblings from the same age group usually have a hard time to be both successful. Soon their parents will need to decide to left some out.
Well sure, Marin certainly should be better! She is what, 11 or 12? And Miyu is 9?

Will it always be that way though? Maybe, maybe not.

BusyMom

Medalist
Well sure, Marin certainly should be better! She is what, 11 or 12? And Miyu is 9?

Will it always be that way though? Maybe, maybe not.
No I mean their skills. Back when Marin was 9 didn't she already have 2A and some triples. Anyway, FS pool in Japan is so deep. Both of them might not survive the competitive others. Who knows!

Ryusa5

Rinkside
I don't think we'll see another lady with Mao-like star quality though... until Miyu Honda is old enough. Anybody who's seen Miyu at one of the big Japanese Ice Shows... knows what I'm talking about! She is a child actor, but she is also a very good (Novice) figure skater. She is cho-kawaii and she sure knows how to charm an audience, play to the cameras, and put on a show!

recent video of the Honda siblings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU-Cx1sUZ-w

out of them I think Marin is gonna make it big,Miyu seems more into acting/TV personality
Marin is also training 3A & 4T,I really think she's going to be the one to lead the japanese ladies to Pyeongchang,she may even have a chance of a medal there

of course all 4 of them are adorable,but to me Marin is the 'special' one

BusyMom

Medalist
out of them I think Marin is gonna make it big,Miyu seems more into acting/TV personality
Marin is also training 3A & 4T,I really think she's going to be the one to lead the japanese ladies to Pyeongchang,she may even have a chance of a medal there

of course all 4 of them are adorable,but to me Marin is the 'special' one

:agree: I said it before, no matter what they're going to do with Murakami and Miyahara, it will be just an act waiting for Marin to reach senior level. The kid has so much star power and talents. They will put her in the driving seat as soon as she reaches the age of 15. Marin will be the one to pull the Julia's phenomenon during 2018 OG.

peechiddy

Spectator
:agree: I said it before, no matter what they're going to do with Murakami and Miyahara, it will be just an act waiting for Marin to reach senior level. The kid has so much star power and talents. They will put her in the driving seat as soon as she reaches the age of 15. Marin will be the one to pull the Julia's phenomenon during 2018 OG.

i agree, marin has so so so much talent!! the first time i watched her i was blown away by both her technique and maturity at such a young age! the only problem now is puberty... it always manages to kick the brightest potential stars hard in the butt if they're not careful :eek:hwell:

YesWay

Record Breaker
No I mean their skills. Back when Marin was 9 didn't she already have 2A and some triples.
Oh, I see! I don't know what jumps Marin was doing at that age.
I've seen Miyu jumping 2A's already, but I don't know if she's got any triples yet.