Skaters on Team Japan | Page 60 | Golden Skate

Skaters on Team Japan

SuzyQ

Medalist
Sota, you did great. The score is not so different from Nathan's.

I was just watching a digest of JG Linz tonight on TV; mainly focusing on free programs of Japanese skaters. Wakaba did not perform well this time (she landed 3Lz+3Lo and 3Lz+3T in a LP though), but Sano Sensei said in the program that he had witnessed her landing 3A 3 weeks before in a practice, that is, in August, I think.

I'm really looking forward to seeing next performances of young skaters :cheer:

Last edited:

mikaboo

Medalist
Sota, you did great. The score is not so different from Nathan's.

I was just watching a digest of JG Linz tonight on TV; mainly focusing on free programs of Japanese skaters. Wakaba did not perform well this time (she landed 3Lz+3Lo and 3Lz+3T in a LP though), but Sano Sensei said in the program that he had witnessed her landing 3A 3 weeks before in a practice, that is, in August, I think.

I'm really looking forward to seeing next performances of young skaters :cheer:

I heard that too and got excited. Then I remembered it was Sano-san talking here so I decided to wait until I see it :biggrin:

Results from Tokyo Regionals are out. They were quicker than I thought!
http://www.jsfresults.com/National/2015-2016/fs_j/block3/index.htm
Yuka Nagai's lutz has gone for a holiday, hopefully to Bratislava where she'll be competing next week. She's in 2nd place at Tokyo Regionals. She shouldn't be in 2nd at a local competition where Wakaba isn't competing...
A glimpse of Yuka's new SP

Last edited:

yhmafan

Medalist
Yes! Sota yes :cheer:

@Suzy, you meant this? :biggrin: They are from post#1053~ on here.

Interesting fact that the TJ members who will participate JO, are apparently all blood type B :laugh:

and some below comments says that don’t forget about Yuzuru and Taka, they are also B-type.

Interestingly, we can see the B-type takes up high percentage in TJ considering the fact that about 70% of Japanese are blood type A or O.

No wonder Kana says on her Twitter profile that she wants to be a type B though she is type A. :biggrin:

As for Kanako, her deep respect towards Mao and Yuzuru. I think that's why.

Last edited:

SuzyQ

Medalist

Yes, of course someone should have noticed this because it is very interesting :biggrin:

And the tendency in their birthdays is another very interesting fact :yes:

IMO, Kanako might want to have their "go their own way" mindset, as I'm afraid she has a mentally weak spot.
This is just what I felt though :cool:

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Yura Matsuda will skate at Spain this week. Her PB is barely 130 but she did score 146 at Triglav Trophy last season. I did a quick search and tried to find some recent videos of her but I didn't find any. I wonder if there is any chance at all that she might be a lot better than what one might think based on her PB and results of her competitions last season. Has anyone seen her skate recently?

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Yura Matsuda will skate at Spain this week. Her PB is barely 130 but she did score 146 at Triglav Trophy last season. I did a quick search and tried to find some recent videos of her but I didn't find any. I wonder if there is any chance at all that she might be a lot better than what one might think based on her PB and results of her competitions last season. Has anyone seen her skate recently?

It seems Yura didn't participate in any of the local summer competitions before the start of the season. So in record her most recent competition should be Triglav Trophy (where she skated as senior). I can only find her videos from Jpn nationals/Jr. nationals 2014:
SP http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2dh662_松田悠良-yura-matsuda-2014-japanese-nationals-sp_sport
FS (from Jr. Nationals) http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2c2fz0_松田悠良-yura-matsuda-2014-japanese-junior-nationals-fs_sport

From the above videos, it looks like Yura has been coached by Yamada team. Surprising, because of this post, I look up her ISU bio.
http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00013847.htm
It seems she's now with Nagakubo team. So there has been a coach change for Yura? (Actually, Yura was not with Yamada for long, I think it was only last year. So it should be that she switched back to Nagakubo?)

0smile0

Rinkside
From the above videos, it looks like Yura has been coached by Yamada team. Surprising, because of this post, I look up her ISU bio.
http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00013847.htm
It seems she's now with Nagakubo team. So there has been a coach change for Yura? (Actually, Yura was not with Yamada for long, I think it was only last year. So it should be that she switched back to Nagakubo?)

I think Yura is still under Ms. Yamada. Her bio is just not updated yet (Her club, height and program info are from 2013/2014 season).
She switched to Team Yamada after she entered chukyo high school, which top skaters from Aichi usually enter (Mao, Miki, Kanako and Takahiko graguated from chukyo).
Yura has underrotation problems on her jumps. So, it was really surprising for me. But her jumps look improving after that regardless of some difficulties like injury and growth spurt. She sufferd from injuries until beginning of last season and couldn't be on ice for one or two months last summer.

Her scores might depend on judges, but I think she is capable of over 160.

skatefan22

Medalist

I never know Kana speaks so highly about Yuzu until I read this article:

A small part of a 2010 interview of Kanako.

Q: Is there any skater, besides Mao Asada, that you admire?

Kanako: Yuzu. In the recent NHK, he is shining even among those seniors. His jumps are awesome. And he is very nice. I think Yuzu is really a perfect person.

yhmafan

Medalist
I never know Kana speaks so highly about Yuzu until I read this article:

A small part of a 2010 interview of Kanako.

Q: Is there any skater, besides Mao Asada, that you admire?

Kanako: Yuzu. In the recent NHK, he is shining even among those seniors. His jumps are awesome. And he is very nice. I think Yuzu is really a perfect person.

As for Mao part of the small interview. :)

(We’ve heard that ) You admire Mao Asada-senshu, (Do you think) what is the great parts about her?

Kanako : Because she has a nice personality and very kind. Also she can skate so well. She is just perfect I think that’s it.

Last edited:

mikaboo

Medalist
Mura is no longer listed for Ondrej Nepela :-/
http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00028386.htm

What happened?!

Mura injured his ankle according to the message he sent through his official facebook run by fans.
He has to take it easy for 10 days so he's pulled out from Ondrej Nepela and cannot compete at regionals either.
https://www.facebook.com/takahito.mura.fanpsge/posts/424300497762136
I hope he heals by Skate America.

yes, yes, YES!! thanks! this made my day :love:

Me too!

So glad I was wrong about guessing Kamata got the 2nd assignment instead of Koshiro. Please don't bomb the SP this time.

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Sorry, silly question but I'm curious...

Yamato Tamura was with Yuto Kishina during JGP yesterday. Kishina's profile says he's coached by Takashi Mura, who I'm assuming is the same person as Takahito's father. Not that it matters, but does anyone know the connection between the two coaches?

More importantly, it was my first time seeing Yuto skate and I really liked him. Looking forward to his FS~

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker

Yamato Tamura was with Yuto Kishina during JGP yesterday. Kishina's profile says he's coached by Takashi Mura, who I'm assuming is the same person as Takahito's father. Not that it matters, but does anyone know the connection between the two coaches?

More importantly, it was my first time seeing Yuto skate and I really liked him. Looking forward to his FS~
I assume Tamura is there because he coaches Yuna Shiriawa, who is competing in the same JGP.

Coach Mura probably never planned to be at this JGP because Takahito Mura was going to skate at Ondrej Nepela Trophy this weekend...

So my guess is that Tamura sat with Kishina, simply because he is one of the few Japanese coaches/officials that went to Logrono JGP...! Just like we occasionally see Yoshiko Kobayashi sitting with skaters who might otherwise be alone in the K&C even though she's not their coach, she's a JSF official.

Last edited:

mikaboo

Medalist

The only connection I can see between the two is that Takahito Mura is coached/advised by Mie Hamada too and Yamato is on Hamada's coaching team. But maybe it's exactly as YesWay says. I remember that Jason Dungeon (who was there for Takahashi/Kihara and Elladj Baldé) sat with Ryuju Hino last year at Nebelhorn Trophy and I can't think of any relationship between the two except for Yuka Sato being Japanese. I kind of wanted to see mama Mura with Yuto if papa Mura couldn't be there though.

Yura Matsuda and Yuna Shiraiwa did well with their SP. Honestly, Yura's performance was a bit surprise to me, in a good meaning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqmEd_TrAHo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it9FFD2aatc

A little bit disappoining for boys. Just Expecting for LP :agree:

I wasn't expecting very much from Yura either because I thought she was a chronic under-rotator. Her SP was lovely though. I'm not going to stay up to watch YunaS and Yura for their FS but I hope to wake up to some good news. Hopefully YunaS can make it to JGPF.
The boys... I hope they can skate their best :hopelessness:

Last edited: