Skaters on Team Japan | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Skaters on Team Japan

ioanna

Record Breaker
In a perfect world, Daisuke would have had the highest PCS by far in the long program but I was glad they gave him 91 regardless, especially with a 73 TES.

cdngirl

On the Ice
In a perfect world, Daisuke would have had the highest PCS by far in the long program but I was glad they gave him 91 regardless, especially with a 73 TES.

Ioanap: In my own perfect world he did exceed the 91 and brought home the Gold in my heart!

ioanna

Record Breaker
He did have the highest PCS in Vancouver in the long program so he should look back, remember his achievements and be at peace with himself.

cdngirl

On the Ice
He did have the highest PCS in Vancouver in the long program so he should look back, remember his achievements and be at peace with himself.

I wish that for him, too. Not to mention he is a 3 time Olympian along with all of his "firsts" for Japan's Men's Figure Skating. I hope one day he is able to see what the rest of us clearly see. Thanks so much for all of your knowledge. I look forward to all of your snippets of information.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

Thank ionap you sharing with us TJ fanart. I love seeing how the TJ members are seen through the eye of this ^ and other talented fan artists.

Re Daisuke, I echo your and cdngirl's wish for him to be at peace with himself. This past season must have been so draining on him what with his injury, the pressure of making it to the Olympics, and wanting so much to have a good result to justify his selection for Sochi. Right now in his sabbatical, I want him to rediscover the joy in skating and to see it again as a source of pleasure and fulfillment rather than of pain and disappointment.

makaihime

Final Flight
According to Cathy & Chris Reed's recent Blog entry they will be moving to Canton, MI
and training with Marina Zueva.

http://ameblo.jp/reed-icedance-blog/entry-11856891495.html

Wow, congratulations to them! I guess now that V/T and possibly D/W are retiring she has the time for a new team. They can definitely benefit from her as a coach although she does seem to have trouble choreographing for sibling pairs :sarcasm: Maybe with the Zueva's help and recent retirements they can move into the top 10 in a few years :biggrin:

jimeonji

Final Flight
this is exciting! Hopefully this works out for them. Japan definitely needs a presence in the other disciplines other than singles.

ioanna

Record Breaker
New TV Show with Nobunari Oda + new interviews with Daisuke Takahashi and Akiko Suzuki

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Nobu starts crying as soon as the hosts mention Dai's name :laugh: You can tell how precious their friendship is.
The television has also filmed a few scenes inspired from Nobu & Team Japan (Dai, Mao, Mai, Taka, Tatsuki, Akiko and Kanako)'s lives and there are actors playing them :biggrin: Hopefully someone can translate at least the main ideas.

Iron Lotus

On the Ice
New TV Show with Nobunari Oda + new interviews with Daisuke Takahashi and Akiko Suzuki

Nobu starts crying as soon as the hosts mention Dai's name :laugh: You can tell how precious their friendship is.
The television has also filmed a few scenes inspired from Nobu & Team Japan (Dai, Mao, Mai, Taka, Tatsuki, Akiko and Kanako)'s lives and there are actors playing them :biggrin: Hopefully someone can translate at least the main ideas.

Thank you for the videos. That was a hoot.

To summarize, it is basically a tongue-in-cheek recap of Nobu's career alternating with the history of Nobu's famous samurai ancestor, Nobunaga Oda. The funniest parts were when Nobu forgot his costume and his mother ran out to a supermarket and bought a pair of pajamas for him to perform in and when he competed with his fly open.

Dai says that without Nobu, he would not be where he is today. Dai was singing karaoke, but Nobu was singing louder than he was. Akiko says they encouraged and consoled each other. At the restaurant, Nobu was being a goofball, comparing the texture of the sushi to ice cream and gum. The younger Kanako couldn't take it any more and told him to shut up. Thereafter, Nobu was quietly dejected.

And of course, lots of crying.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Thank you for translating! Poor Nobu, he was crying in the old videos, crying played by an actor and crying in the studio :biggrin:

Iron Lotus

On the Ice
Thank you for translating! Poor Nobu, he was crying in the old videos, crying played by an actor and crying in the studio :biggrin:

You're welcome. I forgot to mention that Nobu says he had a low threshold for crying as a child and the threshold didn't rise when he became an adult.

ioanna

Record Breaker
He certainly cries very easily. And Daisuke isn't too far from that, the only difference is that he admitted he only cries when he's alone.

Meoima

Match Penalty
He certainly cries very easily. And Daisuke isn't too far from that, the only difference is that he admitted he only cries when he's alone.
Japan team is full of cry-babies! Yuzuru also admit he is easy to cry. Oh poor babies! :laugh: