Vera Bazarova & Andrei Deputat | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Vera Bazarova & Andrei Deputat

Spiral

Final Flight
Thank you very much for the link with the more detailed info! It looks like she was hospitalized for diagnostic purposes, because her right ankle had been bothering her. It turned out that she had a slight sprain due to too much training. She was released from the hospital on Thursday and was planning to resume training the next day. She had missed a fortnight of training due to a cold before that, though, and Vasiliev said it'd sure have a negative effect on her overall physical condition. But I'm just very relieved that she doesn't have a serious illness or injury.

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
But I'm just very relieved that she doesn't have a serious illness or injury.

Meeeeee too!!! :biggrin: And thanks for the detailed translation- I was able to get the general idea with google translate, but this really helped!!

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Nice to see a fan thread for Vera and Andrei. They had a good debut season last year and I was hoping to see them push on from that this year, however, I think in a very deep Russian field they are going to struggle a bit. The big issue for me are their jumps, I think she has gone backwards a bit and has become very inconsistent, it also seems to have impacted on Andrei a bit.

I really like their short this year, the music suits them both, I love the throw with the great running edge. I didn't like the free starting of but it is definitely growing on me. They gave a decent performance in Kazan, there was a fall on a throw and a messy axel combination but on the whole I liked it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IeP6Sc2hAU

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Congrats to these two on their best SP to date today! They scored 64.06, their PB by over 4 points! Well done :cheer: Hopefully they can carry this momentum into the free.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Two very good skates from Vera and Andrei. The short was probably the best performance I have seen them give. Strong and confident, with two very good 3T's. The free had some small mistakes but still one of their best skates. The opening jump combo was a 3T sequence, I think they were planning 3T3T but Vera's landing on the first 3T had a stepout and she only singled the second while Andrei doubled his second jump. For the 2A she had landed before he took off but it was fully rotated and she had a hand down on 3ThF. Apart from that it was very well skated, the lifts were very impressive. Below is a youtube link, sadly with no sound, it looks like they went down well with the audience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKbI4uETbi8

This season has turned out very well in the end for them. I think they were marked hard in Russian Nationals, I would have had them 5th ahead of Z/E and they skated well here. I am looking forward to next season with confidence for them now. I'm still in shock that Vera could attempt a 3T sequence.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I do think they are definitely gelling/improving- this is by far the strongest 2 performances they have put together in competition. They should be high enough on the seasons best list to get 2 GP events next year, I think, (they are currently 18 and I think veryunlikely to drop below 21) and if they keep improving they could actually do well there. Glad to see things picking up for them :)

Tex

On the Ice
Good for them. I really like Vera and Andrei and can't wait to see them continue developing. Next season, I hope they try something like "This Woman's Work" (by Kate Bush) for that SP and something like Pride and Prejudice for the LP.