Vera Bazarova & Andrei Deputat | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Vera Bazarova & Andrei Deputat

The Finn

Record Breaker
They did great at the Cup of Tyrol - They scored 191.25 points. For some reason neither Vera nor Andrei seemed pleased with the score.

By the way 7th best Russian pair beat 2nd best non-russian European pair by almost 20 points today.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Thanks for the link. I think they did very well- too bad they seem unhappy with the score-I thought it was a very good one to be honest.

gabriele

On the Ice
They did great at the Cup of Tyrol - They scored 191.25 points. For some reason neither Vera nor Andrei seemed pleased with the score.

By the way 7th best Russian pair beat 2nd best non-russian European pair by almost 20 points today.

New personal best by 10 points! I'm happy, not just for their win, but also prize money surely helps their funding situation. I think they were ok with the scores, but perhaps tense to see if it would be enough with J/C still to come.

The Finn

Record Breaker
By the way, this was their 1st victory at an international event. Congratulations! Let there be many more victories to come.

sneakers

Match Penalty
wow new PB for Vera and Andrei

any chance of them becoming russian number 4 next season ???

V/T, S/K and T/M are clearly in the pecking order
K/S will come back next season but B/D seem to be improving in every competition

they are more stable now than Astakhova / Rogonov whom the international judges tend to give lower pcs, Vera and Andrei seem to get more generous scores.

gabriele

On the Ice
Don't know about that but Vanessa seemed a bit tense after they had skated.

I first thought she was injured. Glad her smile was back at the victory ceremony. He still looked pissed as... The didn't look as if they will sit next to each other in the plane on their way home. :noshake:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Thanks for clarifying. Is this a new event on the circuit? What are the criteria? Thanks.

It is a new event but this is not about that. Only GP events, Challenger Series events, JGP events, YOG, and of course ISU Championships and OWG scores will be considered as PB by ISU.

The Finn

Record Breaker
any chance of them becoming russian number 4 next season ???

V/T, S/K and T/M are clearly in the pecking order
K/S will come back next season but B/D seem to be improving in every competition

they are more stable now than Astakhova / Rogonov whom the international judges tend to give lower pcs, Vera and Andrei seem to get more generous scores.

Personally I think Zabijako/Enbert will remain ahead of B/D next season but we will see. Anyway this has been a pretty good season for B/D and with all the injuries other Russian pairs have had it is not out of the question that we could see them at Euros next season. Their situation right now is tough but V/T and K/S will most likely retire after the Olympics at the latest, so, their situation will improve after the olympics.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Yeah, they definitely had a bit heated conversation after their FS and she even stormed off from Kiss&Cry.

Someone has even specially uploaded this part on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O24-Snksbkg

Yes I do wonder/worry about their personal relationship- he said something nasty to her at one of their GP's too (in fairness to him though I don't think he should have said it it was the program during which she made his nose bleed by accidentally hitting it.)

Vili67

On the Ice
Those who have netflix watch latest episode of Chelsea Handler talk show.
Chelsea go try little skating with Vera and Andrei.