Vera Bazarova & Andrei Deputat | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Vera Bazarova & Andrei Deputat

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I agree, very disappointing for Vera and Andrei. They skated well at Nationals (should have been ahead Z/E) and had a strong finish to the season but the fact is they are the 6th ranked Russian couple. The depth in Russian is crazy now. I hope they are training well and skate well in some Senior B's and have a good showing at Skate Canada.

sneakers

Match Penalty
I agree, very disappointing for Vera and Andrei. They skated well at Nationals (should have been ahead Z/E) and had a strong finish to the season but the fact is they are the 6th ranked Russian couple. The depth in Russian is crazy now. I hope they are training well and skate well in some Senior B's and have a good showing at Skate Canada.

I kinda feel sorry for them :sad46:
makes me want to switch Z/E with their assignments

I hope they do well in their GP event and skate in some challenger competitions to rack more points and improve their PB scores

tulosai

Record Breaker
It's a bummer but the federation chose to give the host spot to Z/E and that's that... as others have said there is crazy depth in Russia and the fact is they are the #6 team there. All they can do is keep working hard and try to demonstrate this season that the Fed made a mistake giving the spot to Z/E and not to them, and then go from there.

I wish them all the best as they prepare for this season!

The Finn

Record Breaker
It's a bummer but the federation chose to give the host spot to Z/E and that's that... as others have said there is crazy depth in Russia and the fact is they are the #6 team there.

It is a bummer indeed. They would have deserved 2 GP spots but personally I would have picked Z/E before them also.

By the way, they were the 7th best Russian pair last season - V/T, S/K, K/S, T/M, A/R and Z/E were all better than B/D last season.

hanca

Record Breaker
It is a bummer indeed. They would have deserved 2 GP spots but personally I would have picked Z/E before them also.

By the way, they were the 7th best Russian pair last season - V/T, S/K, K/S, T/M, A/R and Z/E were all better than B/D last season.
Well, Z/E were held up at the nationals, so not sure how can you say they were better. Getting Mozer's bonus points doesn't make them automatically better. I know Vera has problem with her jumps generally, but she landed everything at the nationals.

tulosai

Record Breaker

I wasn't counting V/T since they decided not to go on the GP. I do think at the moment they and Z/E are close though... neither team did great last season but both teams are good and promising IMO.

hanca

Record Breaker
Actually Z/E probably should have been above A/R not behind them.

Z/E were very generously rewarded with GOE and PCS. Let's see if the international judges are as generous. Their GP events will show what level they are at. Getting two GP event may not necessarily be a blessing. It may also be a curse, unless they perform really well.

Last edited:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
There's a rumor that Pair is falling apart. Vera missed lots of trainings during summer period and only started to skate in new boots a month prior to open skates. She also was not keen on learning new more expensive elements. All based on Vaitsehovskaia (Rus journalist) blog.

The Finn

Record Breaker
There are open spot at the CoR and also at the NHK Trophy since Stolbova/Klimov withdrew from GP series. So, basically it is given that Vera & Andrei will get the CoR spot if they don't get the NHK spot.

Hopefully they are OK since they were supposed to skate at the 2nd stage of Russian Cup but they didn't.

The Finn

Record Breaker
There are open spot at the CoR and also at the NHK Trophy since Stolbova/Klimov withdrew from GP series. So, basically it is given that Vera & Andrei will get the CoR spot if they don't get the NHK spot.

Hopefully they are OK since they were supposed to skate at the 2nd stage of Russian Cup but they didn't.

I guess it wasn't given than they would get the CoR spot because they didn't get it. Russian Fed chose Efimova/Korovin.

NHK spot is still open, hopefully they will get that spot.

The Finn

Record Breaker
They have withdrawn again. This was the 3rd competition this season. According to fsrussia.ru she is ill but one has to wonder if they are about to split up.

sneakers

Match Penalty
They have withdrawn again. This was the 3rd competition this season. According to fsrussia.ru she is ill but one has to wonder if they are about to split up.

either that or there is smoke coming out...
really disappointing they have no assignments and have withdrwan from their only GP event

I guess we will find out next year if they will stil be together. I Doubt it.