Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin

Nope, she's with Rus in all these pics. That's his serious face :)

:unsure: I'm not sure if you're joking or serious....lol....But the last pic sky_fly linked was definitely Elena and Plushy. (Granted now that you're saying this, I could see Ruslan looking similar when he gets older....)

kauh888

Rinkside
Hello! I'm a little bit late on posting, but I've been a fan of Elena's and while I'm a little sad to see that Elena and Nikita separated (they had lots of potential!), I'm excited to see what Elena and Ruslan can bring to the table so to speak!

Elena and Ruslan, in my opinion, may not be the "conventional" pairing, but like others have said, many of the top ice dance teams for the past decade aren't either. Meryl and Charlie were criticized for lack of emotional connection for years and both have been criticized (shallowly!) about their looks (Meryl especially). Tessa and Scott are not exactly congruous in personality and also in build one could say, but both these couples made it work in a big, big way. I think even more so than appearance compatibility and having "good looks" (so, so subjective and shallow though!), the relationship and mutual trust & respect between the partners must be there. And their goals have to align perfectly so that they're moving towards the same hopes and dreams together. Both Tessa and Scott and Meryl and Charlie have been together for more than a decade. Meryl and Charlie were together for 17 years. I'm not sure about Tessa and Scott, but they've been together for probably around as long. And both couples knew what they wanted together and fought toward it together.

I think Elena and Ruslan has the potential to truly have a relationship like some of the past ice dance IGM couples - meaning that there is mutual respect and harmony and they work together toward the same goal (obviously not the case for Nikita and Elena...). Also in the sense that one half of the partnership is more outspoken/effusive (Elena), and one is more quiet but still expressive (Ruslan). Meryl (more quiet) and Charlie (more outgoing) were like that and so were Tessa (more shy) and Scott (more boisterous). It's a good complementary dynamic in my opinion, because outspoken vs. outspoken sometimes clashes too much especially when they both can't compromise easily. There is good hope for this judging from the little practice pictures and gala photos in my opinion. At the very least, they have a common thread (both being unceremoniously treated by their past partners) and I think genuinely like and respect one another. And that's most important to me in terms of the "extras" like looks, appearance, etc. Of course perfecting technique, musicality, and style is always #1 though!! Good luck to Elena and Ruslan! I can't wait to see them in the next competitive season! :) :yay:

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Well put, kauh888. I look forward to seeing how the harmony I sense between them transfers into their programmes.

Well put, kauh888. I look forward to seeing how the harmony I sense between them transfers into their programmes.

Yes, welcome kauh888!!! Always nice to have another fan!!! :yay: And I agree with what you said. I think that from what we've seen from pictures and such that they already seem to have a nice friendship and chemistry that I suspect and hope will translate onto the ice easily. I hope they train hard and have a promising first season together!

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
I'm so happy to hear they're training hard and improving, but cannot help but wish that they were a bit more active in the social media as well. S/K are already doing all they can to make people remember them, and for all my approval of I/Z concentrating on skating, I wish they too would pipe up more frequently. :eek:hwell:

I'm so happy to hear they're training hard and improving, but cannot help but wish that they were a bit more active in the social media as well. S/K are already doing all they can to make people remember them, and for all my approval of I/Z concentrating on skating, I wish they too would pipe up more frequently. :eek:hwell:

I love seeing/hearing updates from all of my favorite skaters.... This being said, I wouldn't worry about it. Elena did do an interview a month or so back on it; and now I think she knows she needs to focus on the future. I think S/K are just now being more vocal and trying to get out there more because after all of the drama that has occurred they're the ones that some people are viewing negatively - imo it seems like damage control. And if they don't live up to what they're being touted to be technically, then they may end up being disappointing for some people. - It all just seems like there's a fine line to walk between saying/doing too little or too much...
If I/Z come out this season and do well (aka look to have promise - this is still a first season for them after all), then their skating will speak for them in a way that words can't measure up to. (Granted, I do hope that as they show success or the potential for that they have coaches who will politick for them because Zueva certainly will for S/K.)

Alba

Record Breaker
I love seeing/hearing updates from all of my favorite skaters.... This being said, I wouldn't worry about it. Elena did do an interview a month or so back on it; and now I think she knows she needs to focus on the future. I think S/K are just now being more vocal and trying to get out there more because after all of the drama that has occurred they're the ones that some people are viewing negatively - imo it seems like damage control. And if they don't live up to what they're being touted to be technically, then they may end up being disappointing for some people. - It all just seems like there's a fine line to walk between saying/doing too little or too much...
If I/Z come out this season and do well (aka look to have promise - this is still a first season for them after all), then their skating will speak for them in a way that words can't measure up to. (Granted, I do hope that as they show success or the potential for that they have coaches who will politick for them because Zueva certainly will for S/K.)

I fully agree.

kauh888

Rinkside
ITA. But a couple more practice photos or maybe even a very short clip of a move they're working on wouldn't hurt (maybe later though on the videos). ;)

ITA. But a couple more practice photos or maybe even a very short clip of a move they're working on wouldn't hurt (maybe later though on the videos). ;)

Hey, I am selfishly totally on board for this too, haha! Like I said, I am always curious as to what's going on in training season. I'm most excited to hear what music and programs all my favs will be skating to this upcoming season...

kauh888

Rinkside
Hey, I am selfishly totally on board for this too, haha! Like I said, I am always curious as to what's going on in training season. I'm most excited to hear what music and programs all my favs will be skating to this upcoming season...
Me too :) I heard somewhere (don't remember where now...) that Elena and Ruslan tried a paso doble and that it was pretty good ... I love paso so I can't wait to see it!!

Me too :) I heard somewhere (don't remember where now...) that Elena and Ruslan tried a paso doble and that it was pretty good ... I love paso so I can't wait to see it!!

Yes, I'd heard this too!!! :) I think paso is required for the SD this season...Which is fine by me. I'll be interested to see what sort of chemistry and style their on-ice programs will have...

kauh888

Rinkside
Yes, I'd heard this too!!! :) I think paso is required for the SD this season...Which is fine by me. I'll be interested to see what sort of chemistry and style their on-ice programs will have...
a little off topic.. but do you know what kind of endorsements Elena has? I know she's endorsed by Pantene/P&G but is there another company that she's the face of? She's incredibly beautiful and so classy :)

a little off topic.. but do you know what kind of endorsements Elena has? I know she's endorsed by Pantene/P&G but is there another company that she's the face of? She's incredibly beautiful and so classy :)

I did some searching...but I had a hard time finding anything outside of that. : ( Sorry! Maybe someone else here knows that answer though... :confused:

But since you mentioned the P&G, I feel like we should go ahead and add her 2014 Sochi commercial for them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCEt-ZSxGBE