2013-2014 Programs by Discipline | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2013-2014 Programs by Discipline

bump

Match Penalty
Who should be skating to Requiem for a Dream? As in someone whose career is on the downhill slide big time and is about to hit rock bottom?

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I like the soundtrack from Chicago for the SD. The overture has a great Charleston (thinking Davis/White as they do a great Charleston), Razzle/Dzzle for the Foxtrot and All that Jazz for the Quickstep.

I love Chicago--it's a great musical--but what I'd love to see is teams using actual music from the 20s/30s, because Lord knows there is tons of it: Bix Biederbecke, Paul Whiteman, Fletcher Henderson, Jack Teagarden, Louis Armstrong. I could go on and on. There's TONS of great original music that would be wonderful--and FRESH.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Who should be skating to Requiem for a Dream? As in someone whose career is on the downhill slide big time and is about to hit rock bottom?

Your posts never cease to amaze me and not in a good way.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My memory is fading... Afternoon of a Faun... Janet Lynn? John Curry? Both? Neither?:laugh:

I don't recall seeing this music used for quite some time... perhaps that's why the memory is fuzzy.

Edit: YouTube to the rescue! Janet Lynn 1970 long program and 1971 exhibition. John Curry exhibition in an avante-garde dance piece.

More recently: Yuka Sato 2000 Professional competitive program.

Janet also skated to Afternoon of a Faun in her 1968 Olympic program and her farewell program at the 1983 World Pro.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Joubert said he wants to keep FS "Gladiator" for the Olympic year. [/url]

Augh, really?! I know it served him fairly well this year, but it's just going to be a Yagudin-lite program. Although, at least he isn't skating to the Matrix again. I actually thought Max Aaron's SP music from Tron would have been perfect for Joubert (well, until Aaron actually ended up doing it already). :p

Sylvia

Record Breaker

vera01

Final Flight
I heard some rumors saying that Chan is going to keep his SP-I hope that isn't true.

Cherryy

On the Ice
So Mao is going to have a new free done by TAT and it's confirmed? Maybe I'm the only one but I had a thought that maybe she should keep her Swan Lake, it's so beatuful. On the other hand, as it may be Mao's last season, it would be nice not to repeat a program.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
So Mao is going to have a new free done by TAT and it's confirmed? Maybe I'm the only one but I had a thought that maybe she should keep her Swan Lake, it's so beatuful. On the other hand, as it may be Mao's last season, it would be nice not to repeat a program.

If she keeps it, I would hope that she changes her costume a bit. I swear, it's the costume that TAT always wanted to give Sasha and her Swan Lake program but Sasha had said no to (she wasn't comfortable with the excessive amount of feathers that TAT had proposed).

LRK

Record Breaker
If she keeps it, I would hope that she changes her costume a bit. I swear, it's the costume that TAT always wanted to give Sasha and her Swan Lake program but Sasha had said no to (she wasn't comfortable with the excessive amount of feathers that TAT had proposed).

I actually loved the costume she had earlier in the season - I don't know why she would have chosen to change it to that feathery thing?

LRK

Record Breaker
Augh, really?! I know it served him fairly well this year, but it's just going to be a Yagudin-lite program. Although, at least he isn't skating to the Matrix again. I actually thought Max Aaron's SP music from Tron would have been perfect for Joubert (well, until Aaron actually ended up doing it already). :p

I loved his Inception program - loved it!:cry:

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Here's his new FS as debuted at Gardena Spring Trophy earlier this week (1st place in FS, 2nd overall): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCTyBccNC1w

More like Afternoon of a Yawn. I see some perfunctory and fleeting homages to Nijinsky, but the performance and choreography utterly lacks the vibrant sensuality of the original ballet. The original story has a faun waking up to frolic. Adam Rippon turned it into a faun rolling around a bit in his sleep.

guanchi

On the Ice
More like Afternoon of a Yawn. I see some perfunctory and fleeting homages to Nijinsky, but the performance and choreography utterly lacks the vibrant sensuality of the original ballet. The original story has a faun waking up to frolic. Adam Rippon turned it into a faun rolling around a bit in his sleep.

Just be glad that at the end, he is not lying on his stomach with his hands hidden under them slightly further down, a raising and lowering of the lumbar spine...:biggrin::eek:

prettykeys

Medalist
I actually loved the costume she had earlier in the season - I don't know why she would have chosen to change it to that feathery thing?
Same; I think Mao's early-season Swan costume is the best white swan costume I've ever seen.

LOL.

LRK

Record Breaker
Same; I think Mao's early-season Swan costume is the best white swan costume I've ever seen.

Indeed! It was just beautiful! My dismay at discovering that she wasn't wearing it at Worlds' was almost comical, I must confess. :)

murtle92

Spectator
Davis-White : "good bye lenin ", "fire birds stravinsky "
Virtue Moir : free "Yo-Yo Ma - Bach, Cello Suites", "Moonlight - Electric Cello (Inspired by Beethoven) - ThePianoGuys"

kay I love firebird and the piano guys....this is going to be a hard year for me to pick my olympic dance podium

murtle92

Spectator
its a pretty great sp but I agree and he should get Jeffrey Buttle to choreograph for him again....he outdid himself on Patrick's SP this year