Will More Dance & Pairs Teams Split? Some Sources Say Yes. | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Will More Dance & Pairs Teams Split? Some Sources Say Yes.

IcyEdges

Match Penalty
Thanks for the info, Doris. Unfortunately Emily has de-activated her personal Facebook profile, so I haven't heard anything about her recently.

And the only posts to her Fan Page on Facebook in the past year have been to promote the annual "Skate For Hope" shows, which she normally takes part in.

But, no mention of who she skates with in these shows. In the promotional poster for last year's "Skate For Hope", she is pictured on her own. So, perhaps she has gone back to singles skating for the shows.

Thanks again for the reply.

CaroLiza_fan

Last I knew, she has been skating freestyle. She announced her engagement right before she deactivated her personal Facebook account. I haven't heard much about her other than her being in the upcoming "Skate for Hope" show. :confused2:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Apparently Riazanova and Vaturi are going to be an official couple. http://www.neveitalia.it/sport/figu...ovavaturi-e-altre-novita-nella-danza-italiana

The story is now up in English on World Figure Skating:

http://fskating.com/2014/04/ekaterina-riazanova-to-compete-for-italy.html

Thanks to Marina, my Ukrainian friend, for posting the link to Facebook.

It'll be interesting to see what they are like together.

Any word on Lorenza's plans? Or what is happening with the Tkachenko/Tobias/Stagniūnas situation?

Last I knew, she has been skating freestyle. She announced her engagement right before she deactivated her personal Facebook account. I haven't heard much about her other than her being in the upcoming "Skate for Hope" show. :confused2:

Mmmm. Freestyle skating. Bit different from Ice Dance, eh?! :laugh:

Awww!!!! I hadn't heard that Emily had got engaged! Conratulations to her and the lucky fella!

Although it's a shame that we're not seeing her ice dancing anymore, it's good to hear that things seem to be going well for Emily and her personal life.

All the best to Emily and her fiancée for the future

CaroLiza_fan

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Davankova with Enbert? Originally she was tentatively teamed with Maxim Bobrov, which makes more sense, as she is 16 and he is 17 and they could skate JGP. Enbert is 25, which means she has to move up to senior.

That pretty much wipes out the Russian junior pairs of last season, as all have either aged out or split. There will be a bunch of new Russian pairs in the JGP this year.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Davankova with Enbert? Originally she was tentatively teamed with Maxim Bobrov, which makes more sense, as she is 16 and he is 17 and they could skate JGP. Enbert is 25, which means she has to move up to senior.

That pretty much wipes out the Russian junior pairs of last season, as all have either aged out or split. There will be a bunch of new Russian pairs in the JGP this year.

Yes I think this is BAD NEWS for her unfortunately. It made much more sense to h ave her with someone younger. Also, while neither Bobrov or Enbert is at her level, at least Bobrov is young and could have improved. Ah well.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Yes I think this is BAD NEWS for her unfortunately. It made much more sense to h ave her with someone younger. Also, while neither Bobrov or Enbert is at her level, at least Bobrov is young and could have improved. Ah well.

Enbert is 25 as well
not much room for improvement there, this partnership will have an early bitter end for sure

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gerboldt is a stunner. No wonder Vassiliev wants to keep her by his side.....

hanca

Record Breaker
Gerboldt is a stunner. No wonder Vassiliev wants to keep her by his side.....

Well, I hope he will keep her by his side. He likes blondes and he has history of having relationships with his female skaters (Totmianina, Mukhortova), so maybe if he starts relationship with Gerboldt, he won't have relationship with Vera Bazarova...

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tobias would have a tough time finding a US partner, and even if she did there would be little hope she'd ever get to skate internationally---too much competition. It makes more sense for her to continue to skate for LTU.

BCMOM

Spectator
Country
Canada
Ice Dance is not "dead" in Canada! Exciting "new" teams will be emerging from Novice, to Junior, and to Senior. It will be an interesting season.

GF2445

Record Breaker
I am so bumed that Deividas had to retire because of recurring injuries.
I will miss him skating with Isabella. At least he got to make it to the Olympics. That will stay with him forever.

In the case of Isabella, she has time on her side. Maybe its time for her to call Ilia.....