Aljona Savchenko & Bruno Massot | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Aljona Savchenko & Bruno Massot

libecha

Rinkside
There was a 6.1 earthquake near where they are staying that has killed 3 and injured 350. They are OK but are stuck in Kobe because the trains are not running. Supposed to be in Yokohama.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I have updated their OP. It was missing data since the 2017/18 GPF. Enjoy having the summary of their career (up to now) in one post.

DuCiel

Rinkside
Alyona always said, she couldn't live without the competition. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore, because now you hear completely different sounds from her:

"It's wonderful to run without the pressure of the judges [...] we can live out our creativity and don't have to pay attention to correct lines and prescribed elements. That's what our sport is all about."

And that's why they don't want to think at all about whether and when they will return to the competition. That should remain open, there is no clear statement, it certainly helps to maintain their market value. Although Aljona's employer, the German armed forces, will probably speak with her soon after her sabbatical year. Aljona, the pair spokeswoman, even reacts with a little piquancy to the questions, where she clarifies that such decisions are her own business and that nobody will force her to do anything.

Actually nothing new, rather the more and more plausible certainty for their fans, that Aljona's & Bruno's time on the competition ice is over once and for all.

Press release
Video interview

Merjan

On the Ice
I was happy to watch them skate at Art On Ice in Zürich on Saturday. I went there for the show, from Finland. Both new programs were nice, but Beautiful was just lovely. I really enjoyed it. Hallenstadion was packed with skating fans and fans of James Blunt, too.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
There was a documentary about Aljona on german TV that aired yesterday. Perhaps interesting, even though, naturally, it is in german.

Watch it here.

I cannot translate this all word for word, but if you're interested in some parts, tell me and I will try to summarize what's been said. It is a very honest and good documentary.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I watched the whole thing even though I probably only understood 5 words! :laugh: Fascinating just to see clips of their performances and the training.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
It was interesting to see how Aljona ticks and how she changed throughout the career. They said she hated the two bronzes and put them out of sight, but after getting the Gold she got them out and displayed in her living room, because she finally accepted them as a part of her life & career. She's a very focused athlete.

Most interesting to me was what Robin had to say - he was always the odd one out, always the one at fault if things didn't go as planned, whether it was true or imagined...there was zero communication between the team. I really felt for him, he didn't have it easy. I hope he finds joy as a trainer in the US. And success!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Not to do with Aljona or Bruno, but I can't find anywhere else suitable to post it.

Bruno's former long-term partner, Daria Popova, celebrated her 25[SUP]th[/SUP] birthday yesterday. And she used the occasion to just casually drop a photo of herself with a massive bump!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10218462790654729&set=a.3804790791966&type=3

She is engaged to Belgian ice hockey player Vadim Gyesbreghs.

Congratulations to Daria and Vadim!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

Bringing things back on topic, but keeping with the baby theme, Aljona announced last month that her and Liam's baby is going to be a girl:

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByunVZLo5aQ/

I wonder how far on Aljona is. (The photo I linked to was the last one she posted showing the bump. And you can't really get an idea from that angle). And, hence, which baby is due first...

Either way, Bruno will be busy buying baby presents! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh, I just noticed that nobody has posted that Bruno got married just over a week ago.

The Kiss
The look of love is in your eyes...

As esteticlove has already posted on the previous page, Bruno and his new wife, Sophie Levaufre, had a son in October, called Louka.

Louka Newlyborn
Goofy photo with Daddy

With all these babies appearing around him, perhaps starting up a crèche would a good post-skating career move for Bruno! :laugh:

Hey, imagine if Aljona's daughter and Bruno's son took up figure skating, and formed an on-ice partnership...

:cheer: Cross / Massot for the 2038 Olympics!!! :cheer:

(20[SUP]th[/SUP] anniversary of the Savchenko / Massot win ;) :biggrin: )

CaroLiza_fan