Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122

Thread: Aljona Savchenko & Bruno Massot

1 Not allowed!
    It was interesting to see how Aljona ticks and how she changed throughout the career. They said she hated the two bronzes and put them out of sight, but after getting the Gold she got them out and displayed in her living room, because she finally accepted them as a part of her life & career. She's a very focused athlete.

Most interesting to me was what Robin had to say - he was always the odd one out, always the one at fault if things didn't go as planned, whether it was true or imagined...there was zero communication between the team. I really felt for him, he didn't have it easy. I hope he finds joy as a trainer in the US. And success!

2 Not allowed!
    Petiteprincesse, the user who also uploaded the Jutta Mueller documentary uploaded a subbed version of the Aljona documentary on Youtube here!

TWO TIMES OLYMPIC CHAMPION Yuzuruu's Avatar

5 Not allowed!
    Aljona Savchenko is pregnant! Congrats to the future parents!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BwoOixXBmbf/

1 Not allowed!
    Congratulations to Aljona and Liam. They look so happy.

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Not to do with Aljona or Bruno, but I can't find anywhere else suitable to post it.

Bruno's former long-term partner, Daria Popova, celebrated her 25th birthday yesterday. And she used the occasion to just casually drop a photo of herself with a massive bump!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0791966&type=3

She is engaged to Belgian ice hockey player Vadim Gyesbreghs.

Congratulations to Daria and Vadim!!!

Bringing things back on topic, but keeping with the baby theme, Aljona announced last month that her and Liam's baby is going to be a girl:

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByunVZLo5aQ/

I wonder how far on Aljona is. (The photo I linked to was the last one she posted showing the bump. And you can't really get an idea from that angle). And, hence, which baby is due first...

Either way, Bruno will be busy buying baby presents!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
    Oh, I just noticed that nobody has posted that Bruno got married just over a week ago.

The Kiss
    The look of love is in your eyes...

As esteticlove has already posted on the previous page, Bruno and his new wife, Sophie Levaufre, had a son in October, called Louka.

Louka Newlyborn
    Goofy photo with Daddy

With all these babies appearing around him, perhaps starting up a crèche would a good post-skating career move for Bruno!

Hey, imagine if Aljona's daughter and Bruno's son took up figure skating, and formed an on-ice partnership...

Cross / Massot for the 2038 Olympics!!!

(20th anniversary of the Savchenko / Massot win )

CaroLiza_fan

1 Not allowed!
    I did notice the marriage and am still hoping for more pictures!

Medalist

3 Not allowed!
    Aljona just published a lovely series of Instagram stories to announce that her little girl Amilia was born on 7 September!

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset skylark's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze View Post
    It was interesting to see how Aljona ticks and how she changed throughout the career. They said she hated the two bronzes and put them out of sight, but after getting the Gold she got them out and displayed in her living room, because she finally accepted them as a part of her life & career. She's a very focused athlete.

Most interesting to me was what Robin had to say - he was always the odd one out, always the one at fault if things didn't go as planned, whether it was true or imagined...there was zero communication between the team. I really felt for him, he didn't have it easy. I hope he finds joy as a trainer in the US. And success!
    I came here to see if the news was about the baby. Congratulations to Aljona and Liam!

And then ... belatedly, I wanted to respond to the above. I'm also happy for Robin. The fact that he was so firm in his decision to retire after Sochi/worlds meant that Aljona was freed to find a partner, Bruno Massot, new coaches and a happy living environment ... all so that her on-ice personality and her very disciplined (if not to say rigid) character off-ice were both able to be softened up, and what had perhaps been latent in her was freed. And she met Liam.

Those changes, to me, made all the difference in her skating, while the habit of discipline, all that passion and desire remained. I thought her connection and chemistry with Bruno were way better.

Been wanting to say this somewhere!

1 Not allowed!
    Congratulations Aljona and Liam! And a lovely name, Amilia, for this little person who will undoubtedly be the pride of her parents. And like an earlier poster, I'm happy for Robin (whose wife is also expecting) too, as well as for Bruno (lovely little boy a year ago and a marriage to his long loved girlfriend a few months ago).

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122