Aljona Savchenko & Bruno Massot | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Aljona Savchenko & Bruno Massot

esteticlove

Final Flight
Will they be wearing the same purple and white costume for their FS? Or have new costumes?
I remember Aljona switched a few times, with SA and SC, they were all different costumes.

I guess they made new ones for the short because 1)they had only the ones from last year and wanted to bring some refreshment for the Olys 2) Bruno's outfit was pretty much the same as Morozov's this year in their free. And for the FS - I haven't heard anything about changing the costumes yet.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
The Team SP was not their usual form, but I think they've made a very wise choice to warm up themselves on the Olympic ice before the individual event. Aliona is the very veteran but despite her multiple Olympic participation, she had never been to an Olympics held in Asia. As for Bruno, it's his first Olympic debut, so the experience may calm him down. Like their strong Skate America showings after their disappointing result at Skate Canada, I believe they will do well at the individual event. Go Aliona and Bruno! :hap10:

Basho

Rinkside
I admire Aliona very much. Little things I notice about her behavior shows a true champion, plus she's got grit. I'm wishing them to have all beautiful skates that they are happy with. I would love to see them get old but not counting on it.

madforskating

On the Ice
Pretty good showing in the team event SP! A shame about the fall but I know our queen won't let us down in the individual event. Aliona's dress is To. Die. For. Literally move on over Adam Rippon, because this woman shines bright like a diamond.

kptnciam

Rinkside
Wait, you’re all saying that the FS costume is white and purple... I see it white and blue-ish !!!! Am I the only one? 🤣 Oh man, I’m going crazy hahaha

I’m suffering a lot with Bruno and his back issues. I just hope he can hold it together until the end. Come on Bruno !!!! You can do it, my love !!!! [emoji177]

I’m so stressed out !!!!!

s_parks

Record Breaker

russianskating4ever

On the Ice
Aliona Savchenko & Bruno Massot

I really hope they get themselves together for the FS...
really want them to medal, and preferably NOT bronze again [emoji24]

deedee1

Record Breaker
:ghug::ghug::ghug: Not over yet. :clapper: It's Aliona, the goddess warrior on ice we've witnessed over the years.I am positive they will come back very strong in the Free tomorrow. :yes: Together, they've trained so hard for this event. Whichever throws or elements they are to try is their choices to make. Let's hope they will perform the way they'd have liked, thus they feel no regret afterwards. Fingers crossed! :cheer::cheer:

deedee1

Record Breaker
:sad21::cry::no:

oh... don't cry, MaiKatze... :ghug::ghug: to you, too. It may be (most likely) her last showing at the Olympic Games. There is no time for us, fans, either, to feel saddened right now. Let's have full faith in Aliona and Bruno and cheer for them thruout the whole 4min of their Free skate. :)

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
When I was at Skate America, after the Pairs SP I went to bed feeling almost as bad as I went to bed feeling last night. That was actually when I realized they were my favorites! They then managed a come from behind victory and I was over the moon.

Okay, so there's twice as many points to make up this time around, but it's definitely not over until it's over.

(That said I am definitely stress baking today-- would've last night but discovered my flour was expired, boo)

Lyyli

On the Ice
Congratulations Aljona and Bruno!!! Dream came true and they deserved the gold with their masterpiece FP that is ambitious both technically and artisticly. So happy for Queen Aljona and Bruno!

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
All the congratulations to Aljona and Bruno! An amazing team and a flawless performance. So happy they were able to hang on through everything and fight their way to the very top. They belong there.

lucyagogo

On the Ice
Soooooo deserved!!!!! Congratulations!!!! Such a joy to watch them perform at their best, and to watch Aliona finally getting her gold!!!! This was amazing!!!
Love their reactions and the endless happy crying!!! Well, well done.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I think I still haven't totally processed it, but I'm so happy. I was literally sitting with tears streaming down my face during their FS, and I thought then that even if they didn't get gold, at least they gave it everything they had. Just spectacular. I'm so incredibly gratified to have been able to see that beautiful program live earlier in the season.