Aljona Savchenko & Bruno Massot | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Aljona Savchenko & Bruno Massot

reneerose

Final Flight
Happy for Aliona. Both of them crying from relief at the win was really touching. It was a splendidly executed LP!

jiawen2016

On the Ice
Posted in the Olympic Pairs FS thread but would like to repost it here!
So ecstatic for Aliona! Can't believe it has been 12 years since I first watched her at the Turin Olympics in 2006, and their LP to the music of 1492: Conquest Of Paradise was my favorite program that year. She deserves this gold so much with such a breathtaking performance! The doubled Sal in SP almost made me lose faith in humanity :palmf:, but thank you Aliona :pray: for making me believe again that if you dream big and persist through pursuing your dream, it may come true one day despite the slim chance! :clap:

russianskating4ever

On the Ice
Well well, just a thought
I can feel Alexander koenig becoming THE star coach now

Coaching a new team just for a quad and bringing them to gold just WOW

esteticlove

Final Flight
I have to leave to work, so I will be short - I AM SO HAPPY :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: Aljona is a queen, but oh boy, Bruno is a king - the man of the night. Nerves of steel!!! So strong :clap:

Bahar

Rinkside
I am so happy 😍 It was a perfect program, it gave me tears. I wish I would get up and watch it live. Congratulations to Aljona and Bruno with their Olympic gold medal 😍 Love both of them.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I want to give Bruno some love here. He did his part here. Yes, Aliona is crazy amazing and experienced, but Bruno needed to work his butt off to come anywhere near her. The fact he can keep up with her in any capacity especially with the crazy choreography is noteworthy. That program is HARD to skate to.

If you just look at him in 2016 World to now, it's obvious he improved leaps and bounds. I have to admit I thought Aliona was nuts to go for another Gold especially with a random nobody, but clearly, in her infinite wisdom, saw something we didn't! And they proved all of us wrong, including me.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I want to give Bruno some love here. He did his part here. Yes, Aliona is crazy amazing and experienced, but Bruno needed to work his butt off to come anywhere near her. The fact he can keep up with her in any capacity especially with the crazy choreography is noteworthy. That program is HARD to skate to.

If you just look at him in 2016 World to now, it's obvious he improved leaps and bounds. I have to admit I thought Aliona was nuts to go for another Gold especially with a random nobody, but clearly, in her infinite wisdom, saw something we didn't! And they proved all of us wrong, including me.
:points: agree with everything.
I was really impressed with Bruno. While Aliona is a STAR who dances, skates and performs like her life depends on it, Bruno was no window dressing. He had his own way of adding to the performance, and bringing his artistic side to make the magic we saw. This was not the outcome I wanted most as I was cheering for Sui and Han, but as I watched them, I thought, THIS is THE Olympic moment, and it deserves a gold medal.

Last edited:

ragdoll

On the Ice
Finally! Queen Aljona got her Olympic gold. I haven't seen the skate, hasn't been shown on TV here, but OMG, am I hppy for her? All those years of persistant struggling. Well done! And Bruno too. It can't have been easy for him to meet the expectations.

Spinning

On the Ice
Congratulations! Wow...that was the most charming FS everrrrr.

It was funny when she told him "Good Job" at the end and he was letting out his relieving sigh. HIS face was so comical!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I am so....impressed. Stunned. Awed.

I didn't think it was possible. I never want anyone to fall, bomb or fail, even if that means my favourite leaves without a medal. But today...I admit, I was tempted. What a night! (Morning here in Germany) This is why Aljona never gave up. Such joy! Amazing!

Plumededragon

Medalist
Aljona never gave up and it finally paid off! I wanted either them or Sui/Han to win, but I’m more happy that the gold went to them. Five Olympics. FIVE FREAKING OLYMPICS!! And finally everything she worked hard for, all the sacrifices... it did pay. :cry: She’s trully a role model on never giving up on dreams.
And congrats to Bruno. Very very proud as a French woman! :love: He found the perfect partner to rise to the top with.

Lyyli

On the Ice
Does anyone know who exactly participated in making the choreography for their jewel FS? Is it only by Dean or by team Dean, John Kerr, Silvia Fontana and Martin Skotnicky?

Former ice dancers like Dean and Kerr make incredible programs for pairs. Kerr did for Vanessa/Morgan and Meghan/Eric too. Congrats to the choreographers too! This super FS made their victory possible. Still like mesmerized about it!!!

deedee1

Record Breaker
:hap93::hap93::hap93::hap93: Bravo Aliona & Bruno! Finally she IS the Olympic Champion!!! :hb::hb::hb:

deedee1

Record Breaker
Did they show it on japanese TV, deedee? What did they say?

No, no broadcast live on Pairs at all in Japan. :disapp: I did watch the whole competition thru streaming Twitch fslive1 kindly provided in the Comp thread.

Aliona is the goddess warrior, I was right? ;) Anything can happen in the Olympics. Many congrats to Aliona and Bruno, Germany and its people for winning the gold! :yahoo:

OT, my hubby and I pretty much enjoyed Annika and Ruben as well. :yes: Now she's got her nickname by us 'ホッケちゃん'; whihc is a fish, Atka mackerel in Japanese. ;) I hope you don't mind it. :)