Aljona Savchenko & Bruno Massot | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Aljona Savchenko & Bruno Massot

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
No, no broadcast live on Pairs at all in Japan. :disapp: I did watch the whole competition thru streaming Twitch fslive1 kindly provided in the Comp thread.

Aliona is the goddess warrior, I was right? ;) Anything can happen in the Olympics. Many congrats to Aliona and Bruno, Germany and its people for winning the gold! :yahoo:

OT, my hubby and I pretty much enjoyed Annika and Ruben as well. :yes: Now she's got her nickname by us 'ホッケちゃん'; whihc is a fish, Atka mackerel in Japanese. ;) I hope you don't mind it. :)

That just seems completely weird to me. I mean, doesn't Japan want to build up Pairs to be competitive one day? Why ignore it at the Olympics of all? Crazy stuff. How do they think they'll get children into the discipline if it plays second fiddle?

Haha, no I don't mind. I'm still not that much into them, but maybe they'll grow on me.

Aljona just shines so bright, being on TV on all channels here in Germany with Bruno, I feel like I'm in figure skating heaven.

MIM

Medalist
I fell asleep in my couch and leaving a tv still on while watching the pairs event. I could hear their win while my eyes closed. I couldn’t believe it, pleasantly shocked, happy for Aliona and Bruno, but sorry for Sui and Han.

In the morning, it all felt like a dream and watched the event without checking the result. Marvelous skating from everyone except T/M. Everyone skated their best. And I cannot be more happy for Aliona. Loved the sportsmanship in the green room. Bravo!!

Vili67

On the Ice
That was FANTASTIC free skate:yes2::thank:
And i think it will be in history one of the greatest olympic free skate for pairs.
WERY BIG Congratulations to Aliona and Bruno.:love:

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
I never gave up my faith for them. This was the result I was hoping for the most out of the entire event. I'm still reliving it in my mind. Mad props to Bruno. Who would've thought he'd be an Olympic champion? This guy worked hard to prove that he was a worthy partner for Aliona and he did it on the biggest stage. Aliona is utter perfection, my favourite pairs lady ever. I'm just so over the moon for them.

musicfan80

Medalist
This podium was my DREAM podium! I was beyond happy about how well that Aliona and Bruno skated!!!!!

What irritated me was Terry Gannon's "Robin's wondering if he stayed what might have been" comment NBC's coverage. I felt like it was so disrespected towards Bruno - yes, he made a mistake in the SP, but it was relatively small and everything else was overall great. They were still in it going into the LP and Bruno more than proved that he was up to the opportunity.

esteticlove

Final Flight
Btw, who was it with Aliona at the end of this video? around 14:00

Isn't that Thomas Bach, the president of the IOC? He handed them the medals at the ceremony. In this video you could hear him say that he is very proud of her/them. He is German, so I guess he is also extra happy :)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
A big congratulations to Aliona and Bruno! What a comeback! Although I unfortunately didn't see their skate :( as I was at work and my breaktime was only long enough to see S/H and T/M. But I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw they were in first and can only imagine how brilliantly they must have skated to do that. :) Hopefully, Aussie TV did show it and I'll be able to find it on the PVR.

I'm especially happy for Bruno, he's had so much pressure on him, and after the mistake in the short he must have felt like dying. But he came through and now they're Olympic Champions! I've also read that Aliona believed in him all the way and that's really beautiful. :)

Definitely a special pair!

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Their LP (CBC 1080p, but edited down to only their performance and the end of their kiss & cry): https://streamable.com/d2s9v

I don't have their SP because the CBC Sports YouTube channel didn't upload it.

lost3iron

More Rock & Roll please!
On the Ice
Bravo Aliona and Bruno! Special congratulations to Aliona for her determination. I was crying like a baby when I saw her reaction once she realized that she got the Gold. Their LP was marvelous, a program that I'll keep re-watching for a long time! I am grateful that the events are scheduled in the middle of the night in my Time Zone because my heart can't really deal with all this excitement.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Their LP (CBC 1080p, but edited down to only their performance and the end of their kiss & cry): https://vimeo.com/255915304

I don't have their SP because the CBC Sports YouTube channel didn't upload it.

Oh wow thanks so much for posting that! Wow that was amazing! What a beautiful skate! :D

They did a throw 3A right? Because whatever that first throw jump was it was stupendous!

And mad props to Bruno for the lift at the end!

Also I'm really looking forward to their exhibition skate, I saw it for the first time at the GPF and what an innovative program it was!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
They've also been to Eurosport and the german house talked to Fabian Hambüchen, and visited TV station ZDF this morning, talking to host Rudi Cerne.

Here is a video of Katarina Witt coming to Korea and watching them train, Kurt Browning cameo included. Katarina is always babbling away, she is very hyper and always positive. Some may find that annoying. They told her to not talk so much at the TV station, when they basically pay her for talking, and this tells you that she just never shuts up, haha.