2011 GOLD
2012 GOLD
2013 SILVER
2014 GOLD
[w Bruno Massot]
2016 BRONZE
2017 SILVER
2018 GOLD

And Bruno, what he has been through was crazy, and he has overcome his federation to win all those medals. So much respect for him. He deserve all of this.

libecha

Rinkside
Shots diplomatically but emphatically fired by Bruno during FranceTV interview. The interviewer asked him about getting emotional during the German national anthem at the victory ceremony and if he had regrets about not winning these medals for France, and the response was, "After everything that happened, everything Germany gave me, absolutely not. I am very happy in Germany, very happy to bring these medals to Germany. Yes, I am still French, so France has a little share in the medals, but it ends with my French family and friends." Oh snap.

Also, asking these questions in the first place seems like a troll job.

Danibellerika

Medalist
Does anyone know who choreographed Aliona and Bruno's free? I honestly can't think of a better choreographed program in recent memory. And the music is so haunting and beautiful. I bought the album with the CD on it. No warhorses here!!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Christopher Dean. It's actually a pairs homage to Bolero in some way. (Even the costumes) They showed Bolero and LTvdC in split screen on German TV and it actually works both ways. :)

libecha

Rinkside
Does anyone know who choreographed Aliona and Bruno's free? I honestly can't think of a better choreographed program in recent memory. And the music is so haunting and beautiful. I bought the album with the CD on it. No warhorses here!!

Oh, good, someone else did too. $9.99! And I normally have very rigid opinions of instrumental music compositions--anything not written between 1600-1910 automatically sucks until proven otherwise.

Danibellerika

Medalist
Christopher Dean. It's actually a pairs homage to Bolero in some way. (Even the costumes) They showed Bolero and LTvdC in split screen on German TV and it actually works both ways. :)

Thank you! I'll give that one a rewatch. Admittedly I don't watch a lot of ice dance.

Oh, good, someone else did too. $9.99! And I normally have very rigid opinions of instrumental music compositions--anything not written between 1600-1910 automatically sucks until proven otherwise.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Fair enough. I'm partial to a lot of video game soundtracks myself. They definitely take from that inspiration. There are even concerts at prestigious concert halls now, lol.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
:laugh::laugh::laugh: Fair enough. I'm partial to a lot of video game soundtracks myself. They definitely take from that inspiration. There are even concerts at prestigious concert halls now, lol.

I went to a Zelda Symphony concert myself. I'm definitely sad if S/M retire. Their music choices were top notch. Even generally I think Pairs have the more interesting music choices in all of figure skating. I think if Sui/Han had a bit more bravery then S/M would have had it harder. I don't want it to become a warhorse and I doubt it'll be as it always will be compared to S/M's legendary skates but I like to see something similar again - I often ask myself why the coaches and choreographers are so conservative. Don't they ever listen to music? See, you CAN win Olympic Gold with a never before used piece of music. Go out try out other genres, get inspired by movies, games, art.....there is so much more out there in this World, why does everyone have to skate to the same music? It's not even classical versus modern. Who wants to see another Moulin Rouge or Je suis Malade? These are newer pieces of music that are already getting old fast.

Danibellerika

Medalist
I went to a Zelda Symphony concert myself. I'm definitely sad if S/M retire. Their music choices were top notch. Even generally I think Pairs have the more interesting music choices in all of figure skating. I think if Sui/Han had a bit more bravery then S/M would have had it harder. I don't want it to become a warhorse and I doubt it'll be as it always will be compared to S/M's legendary skates but I like to see something similar again - I often ask myself why the coaches and choreographers are so conservative. Don't they ever listen to music? See, you CAN win Olympic Gold with a never before used piece of music. Go out try out other genres, get inspired by movies, games, art.....there is so much more out there in this World, why does everyone have to skate to the same music? It's not even classical versus modern. Who wants to see another Moulin Rouge or Je suis Malade? These are newer pieces of music that are already getting old fast.

Final Fantasy for me but Zelda's great too. So far I've only envisioned programs for singles skaters though, not pairs, lol. But yeah, I totally agree with you. I'm so happy they were able to skate with something wholly theirs and not comparable to the version XYZ did. It's so nice to put your own stamp on a piece from your sport so that the next time anyone even tries to think of doing it a viewer's first thoughts will go to you. After what S/M did I would never touch this music.

libecha

Rinkside
Triple Axel practice....

Seems to be older, but she's on holiday, 'missing' it already. :laugh:

In the kindest possible way, she's crazy. I fully believe all the rumors that she wants to continue, but my concern is, what if it's because she literally cannot imagine anything else? Skating and competitions have consumed her life since her earliest memories. Of course the thought of stopping is scary, but there is much more out there to experience. Yes, everyone also called her crazy in 2014 when she continued, but unlike then, she has now achieved the pinnacle of the sport and shattered world records. There is nowhere to go but down.

madforskating

On the Ice
In the kindest possible way, she's crazy. I fully believe all the rumors that she wants to continue, but my concern is, what if it's because she literally cannot imagine anything else? Skating and competitions have consumed her life since her earliest memories. Of course the thought of stopping is scary, but there is much more out there to experience. Yes, everyone also called her crazy in 2014 when she continued, but unlike then, she has now achieved the pinnacle of the sport and shattered world records. There is nowhere to go but down.

I'm afraid of that too. When you work your butt off for years to achieve everything in a sport, what more is there to do? She deserves a life beyond skating. I love her and Bruno, but I really hope she retires sooner than later and has a great non-skating life with Liam. Divine Goddess Savchenko, you've already blessed us with enough skating that we can binge-watch on Youtube.

She said she wants kids - preferably twin girls. She'd better get started on that; if she sticks around for 4 more years, she'll be 38 before that happens!

kolyadaverybest

Match Penalty
I totally disagree. It is way too soon to retire. They are just hitting their best now and they havent even won Europeans yet, so you cant even say they have done it all, as that is a huge event, and it would be a shame to atleast not try for it one more time, especialy after giving it a pass this year. To really go down as 1 of the legendary pairs, which I am sure both want, not just Aliona, they need more than 1 championship season too. I dont think they need to go to the next Olympics, although knowing Aliona's determination she might, but I think they should and definitely will go another couple seasons atleast.

libecha

Rinkside
I totally disagree. It is way too soon to retire. They are just hitting their best now and they havent even won Europeans yet, so you cant even say they have done it all, as that is a huge event, and it would be a shame to atleast not try for it one more time, especialy after giving it a pass this year. To really go down as 1 of the legendary pairs, which I am sure both want, not just Aliona, they need more than 1 championship season too. I dont think they need to go to the next Olympics, although knowing Aliona's determination she might, but I think they should and definitely will go another couple seasons atleast.

If we are talking only about skating, yes. But there is more to life than that. They both have significant others whose opinions and life goals also count. There is a biological time limit on having kids. And both Meagan Duhamel and Lynn Rutherford made it sound like Bruno’s back is causing him significant pain a lot of the time. He’s only 29. Chronic back pain is awful. To risk causing that to worsen so it affects his everyday quality of life for the next 60 years? No skating medal is worth that. It’s a complicated decision.

libecha

Rinkside
Judging from both of their vacation videos on Facebook, the next IceNetwork headline we are going to see is "Aljona Savchenko practicing lifts, planning to compete with husband for 2022 Olympics after Bruno Massot eaten by sharks."

charlotte14

Medalist
As much as I want to see more masterpiece from them, if Bruno wants to stop, he has all my gratitude and good luck. At some point of their livees, they have to move on. It's life. I hope they will inspire young European skaters to go on and on.

MDIslander

Rinkside
I'm soooo very Happy for Bruno and Sophie :dance2::hap85: CONGRATULATIONS to them both!!!

Judging by their IG photo she's probably well into the 2nd trimester. Who knows maybe their bundle of joy will arrive at the start of the 18/19 season. Wishing them both all the Best & Sophie a safe (quick) delivery :cheer: