Aljona Savchenko & Bruno Massot | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Aljona Savchenko & Bruno Massot

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
I can barely breathe, I wish someone was here to pinch me. I'm beyond ecstatic for them and hoping for all the success. And we'll get our Aliona fix!

tulosai

Record Breaker
I meant internationally. Don't they have to wait like one year? Does he have a german citizenship even?

Only one person needs citizenship to compete internationally except for the Olympic games. There is literally no other competition that can't be entered if just one person has citizenship.

No, they do not need to wait any additional time at this point. I am in fact not even positive they need to wait 30 days but either way they can begin competing internationally almost immediately; however, they will need to get TES minimums at a B competition before being able to enter Euros or Worlds, so it is imperative that they do manage to go to a senior B before then.

deneb

On the Ice
I meant internationally. Don't they have to wait like one year? Does he have a german citizenship even?

Their last international competition is Worlds 2014, so more than one year has already gone. And only one partner must be a citizen.

I am in fact not even positive they need to wait 30 days but either way they can begin competing internationally almost immediately;

Maybe I misunderstood but according to Rule 109 Clearance Procedure letter b they need those 30 days.
http://static.isu.org/media/106661/isu-communication-1420.pdf
In exceptional cases, when changes meeting the requirements of Rule 109 occur after July 1, (e.g. granting of a new citizenship or completing the one year residence period), the Members´ application may be submitted to the ISU Secretariat after July 1, but not later than thirty days before the first day of the event in which the Member desires to enter the skater. Members must, however respect Rule 109, paragraph 4 under which a skater may represent in the course of the same season only one and the same Member.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Congrats on finally making their debut! Very promising sp score. So nice to see Aliona compete again.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Congratulations for the successful debut! Thank you for making the pair discipline more exciting to watch!
We'll also see you in Euros and Worlds next year!

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
The throw was big too. Bruno is very strong partner physically, although he looked kinda awkward on the lift today. I wonder if they will attempt quad twist or throw this season already. Most probably not, their goal is Olympics and there's plenty of time left.

As for today's performance, it was not bad, even with some mistakes here and there, they looked solid overall and very prepared for the season. I just hope Aliona's obsession with triple axel throw is in the past. Really, please :)

Last edited:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I haven't seen Aliona for ages. Beautiful SP, loved their intro to death spiral, great idea.

Pika

Final Flight
WOW! I think they can pretend to the best twist of the circuit seriously :jaw:
And the ease on the throw is amazing.
This is VERY promising, it brings even more excitement, the international stage is going to be crowded with very good pairs! Big wave of suspense in arrival..... :hap85: