Aljona Savchenko & Bruno Massot | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Aljona Savchenko & Bruno Massot

Marta25

Medalist
That twist :jaw: Am I wrong or is it even bigger than V/T`s?

It`s great to see them finally compete and Euros is going to be very, very interesting.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Wow wow wow what a debut! I'm definitely happy I have bought my tickets for the Pairs FS at Euros :yes2:

Plumededragon

Medalist
I'm so happy to see how well they have done! The program was soft and lovely, I really liked it. Too bad the sbs jump didn't work, but that's alright, at least she didn't fall and they did well on everything else. And yes, the twist was very impressive!

This is so promising for a first competition together! After being hold back for so long by my stupid federation, they can finally show that they make a great pair! :cheer: I hope the FP will go just as well!

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
There's definitely a lot of potential. The elements are huge. The jumps are already done close together. There's little set up for the jumps and lift. They looked somewhat faster in the warm up so hopefully the speed will improve once they get more competitions under their belt.

I am definitely excited and this was worth the wait!

Last edited:

Plumededragon

Medalist
Congrats on their win! And a large one! 142.98 on the FS! :shock:
But the program was really that good. :cheer:

I watched the video but I have issue with something: did Aliona landed the throws on both feet? I couldn't tell from the angle. I doubt it but I'm not certain...

Pika

Final Flight
Congrats on their win! And a large one! 142.98 on the FS! :shock:
But the program was really that good. :cheer:

I watched the video but I have issue with something: did Aliona landed the throws on both feet? I couldn't tell from the angle. I doubt it but I'm not certain...

Yup the first one had at least a touch, and the second was two feet landed.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Congrats to these two for another great skate! I'm sure the issues with the throws will be solved, it's just a matter of confidence since the height is there and the air position too, Aljona may be not yet mentally in accord with Bruno's technique as much as she needs. Anyway,such beautiful sbs jumps and lifts :cool2:
The program itself did not capture me, but it is its first official outing after all, there is still a lot of room to grow

anyanka

Record Breaker
Speaking as a fan of theirs, I don't know if the scores should have been that high. But still, love their long lines and extension, and the height on their throws are absolutely amazing. There's plenty of room to grow. I know we're all gearing up for the NHK / GPF battle pitting D/R vs. V/T, but if any team sneaks up on them to take the world title, it is not just S/H to look out for but also S/M. Go team!!

Tania and Max are one of my current fave pairs, but they have to be spot-on at Euros if they're going to get past Aljona and Bruno now. I can see the hunger these two have to not just compete, but to WIN.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I think as long as they're consistent and get medals and do shows, they will get better programs next season. This time it was said they didn't have enough money for Aliona's fiancé to go to the competition and cheer for them. :sad4:
However they're allowed to compete finally, so congrats and best wishes!! :yahoo:

Marta25

Medalist
I think as long as they're consistent and get medals and do shows, they will get better programs next season. This time it was said they didn't have enough money for Aliona's fiancé to go to the competition and cheer for them. :sad4:
However they're allowed to compete finally, so congrats and best wishes!! :yahoo:

I`m sure there will come better times for them. They are already so amazing, I`m looking forward how they are going to develop until 2018.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
What a great first outing! I'm not a fan of those programs, they're good enough but nothing special (next year will be much better undoubtedly in that regard), but their unison and elements are very very good already. :clap:

sowcow

On the Ice

Yes she did. Her throws were all over-rotated (likely due to the incredible height of the throw-jumps). The only way to stop that rotation for the landing was to 2-foot them. No "check" in the world would have been able to save those throws, so it was out of necessity that she 2-footed them.

anyanka

Record Breaker

I'm in North America and am tempted to go to worlds in Boston now!

liv

Record Breaker
First time I"ve checked out their skating and I am pleasantly surprised with their great unison, twist, jumps, lifts... all the basics of really good pairs skating are there, they just need better programs to show off those elements. That free was pretty dull. Many new teams don't have the quality elements that these 2 have already, so the future looks like it should be bright for them with the proper packaging.

Plumededragon

Medalist
Aliona got food-poisoning prior the LP, but finally decided not to withdraw from the competition, stating that they have waited too long for this: https://twitter.com/ifsmagazine/status/667425324364337152 (Russian article)

While I'm always saying that health must remain top priority, I totally approve. Their mental was extremely strong, they have been held back for SO LONG, it was THEIR moment! No one else! So, while the throws need some work (no doubt they're on it), it just prooves how much motivation and desire they had to get on the ice and show that they ARE a great pair that can already face big challenges. :cheer: