Aljona Savchenko & Bruno Massot | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Aljona Savchenko & Bruno Massot

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
Wow, the pairs free was admittedly a disappointing event for me, but I'm just so glad that they medalled. My dream is that Aliona wins olympics in pyeongchang, and then Sui/Han win it in Beijing. :p Congrats!

OMG, same! Way to go Aliona and Sui.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Count me in as a new fan! I've always been a new fan of Aliona and I'm so glad she's found success with Bruno. Their triple twist is so huge! And they're both so likeable. Their programs are both enjoyable in my opinion. I wish them lots of success in the future :)

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Bruno added, that he wasn´t that nervous as usual and he also mentioned that they will need to skate clean in future and that they will add a new element to their repertoire next season. Aliona elaborated on this and just said that we need to wait and see, what this will be. ;)

My guess will be a 3T-3T-2T combo like S/K and J/C. I think quads or throw 3As will have to wait as they need to stabilize the landings of their current throws first, not to mention the risk involved.

Congrats on the bronze! Hopefully they will now have the money to get better programs :agree:

musicfan80

Medalist
I was so proud of Aliona and Bruno today! The best part was how genuinely happier Aliona looked - even with the mistakes they did well and I think she and Bruno seem to have a good friendship and working relationship.

QuadThrow

Medalist
My guess will be a 3T-3T-2T combo like S/K and J/C. I think quads or throw 3As will have to wait as they need to stabilize the landings of their current throws first, not to mention the risk involved.

Congrats on the bronze! Hopefully they will now have the money to get better programs :agree:

There are really much opportunities.

4Tw4 for sure!

4STh
4FTh
3ATh
3Lo
3T+3T+2T
3S+1Lo+3Sa

I have to say that Aljona is still not able to land Quads like Sui. The Quad twist will be no problem. But the 4STh or even 4FTh will be very hard to land on one foot. They are practicing the 4STh. I have read that they decided not to go for the 3ATh. IMO the axel throw is really crazy element. Long set up and really difficult move. It looks strange in comparision to other throws. It is definitly more worth than 7,7.

3T+3T is already in the rooms of possibilities. Aljona shows it on facebook. But 3T+3T is very risky. Even Stolbova/Klimov just did not really get this and James/Cipres have tried this sometimes but it was not successful. Burno seems to prefer the 3S+1Lo+3S. At the TSL interview Aljona said that they maybe try the 3Lo.

TMC

Record Breaker
I'm a fan! I especially like Bruno (of course it goes without saying that I adore Aljona and she's the Duchess of EverythingTM) and I was so impressed that he was so confident and secure at Worlds - you'd expect him to make the mistakes, not the way more experienced partner ;) I guess he got those out of his system at Euros!

I also love, really love their free programme. The choreo is interesting and I find the music haunting and fascinating in a weird way. I'm not a big music person and I don't listen to a lot of music, but I loved their free music so much that I asked my DJ-husband to order me the Wax Tailor album when he next orders stuff for himself :biggrin:

cocotaffy

Final Flight
Aliona posted a clip of their new SP on Instagram (no sound): https://instagram.com/p/BEMy3ChEDi5/

Any guesses as to what the music might be? My money's on a tango but who knows? :popcorn:

Yep, Tango. The steps cannot be mistaken for anything else IMO. Should be interesting. Bruno is a big fellow indeed so I don't know for Tango. But I love them, this season was amazing for such a new team but she's so experience and amazing. I find him very sweet though and they look like they're getting along so well. They were so happy at Worlds and I think this is part of their success, the sheer joy of competing. But also their split twist :bow:

musicfan80

Medalist
Yep, Tango. The steps cannot be mistaken for anything else IMO. Should be interesting. Bruno is a big fellow indeed so I don't know for Tango. But I love them, this season was amazing for such a new team but she's so experience and amazing. I find him very sweet though and they look like they're getting along so well. They were so happy at Worlds and I think this is part of their success, the sheer joy of competing. But also their split twist :bow:

I think it's the biggest reason why they are doing so well (other than how good they are in their skills, of course). Which will be crucial because authenticity in their relationship will be required in order to pull off a tango.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I just rewatched their performances at Worlds and it kind of struck me how much harmony there is between the two of them despite the fact that he's so much taller. Also when it comes to side by side jumps. And their FS has really grown on me, it's addictive. Bruno really has improved a lot. You even see the difference between Europeans and Worlds. I expect them to do very very well next season. I'm looking forward to their new programs!

musicfan80

Medalist
I was doing a search of photos of current pairs team and I found these GREAT photos of Aliona Savchenko and Bruno Massot from 2016 Worlds. I apologize if this is a repost and someone has already posted these earlier.

Great Chemistry!
This is just too cute!
You can tell their friendship is genuine - to pull this look off.

So, i apologize if this has been covered before, but is Bruno on track to get his citizenship in time to be able to compete in the 2018 Olympics? Or is he not going to get the residency requirement?

Last edited:

QuadThrow

Medalist
Aljona and Bruno posted a clip of an exhibition at FB in which they performed a 2ATh. This is definitly a sign that they want go for the 3ATh probably in the SP soon.

It has been the same with Robin in former times. They had tested the axel Throw at an exhibition before they tried it in competition.

I do not know what to say. The axel was a real hard fight for Aljona and it never was really successful. The BV is 7,7. If she lands it on both feet the 3FTh will be better.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Lindy Hop! If it's like the video example I have given, this could be one of the most fun programs we have every seen from a pairs team. Although I don't think they are allowed to do the acrobatic elements in the video - we have an idea what the footwork & choreography will be like :) .

Wow, that could be incredible! I wonder what the song is. And, of course, what Aliona will come up with for them to wear. :biggrin:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I got the feeling that I'm going to like their new SP a lot. :biggrin:
And 3S-1L-3S is a great plan. Would boost their tech score in the FS by at least 2 points. And it's a surprise, I kind of thought she would stick with the 3T-3T sequence until the end of her career.

cocotaffy

Final Flight
I've just read in the 2016/2017 programs thread, they're gonna skate their SP to That man Caro Emerald

My kids are gonna be happy, they love that song. I have to say I love it too, this SP will be fun as hell if they can keep up with the necessary energy to do it justice.