Pets of Your Favorite Skaters | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pets of Your Favorite Skaters

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^Is it a boy or girl and is its name not Peach?? When I translated her first post it said "World, meet Peach". That was thru a translation app though.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think either "peach" or "Persik" would work...one is literal while the other is an English translation. Then again I'm going by Google Translate. :slink:

I found this:

персик
persik
"peach" in Russian

Pronounced (pier-seek)

and this....

немного персидский
nemnogo persidskiy
"little persian" in Russian

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I think either "peach" or "Persik" would work...one is literal while the other is an English translation. Then again I'm going by Google Translate. :slink:

I found this:

персик
persik
"peach" in Russian

Pronounced (pier-seek)

and this....

немного персидский
nemnogo persidskiy
"little persian" in Russian

Thank you! ;)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Wow, this actually became a thread!

Joubert + pets.

Blade was reportedly still around as of last year, but he was old for a bulldog.
Woah, are you sure Joubert didn't miss his true calling as a zookeeper? :laugh:

In case anyone's interested in what he says in the first video:
- He's always loved animals. He's always owned a dog, a cat, and often watches TV shows about animals.
- He owns parrots, a tortoise, a lizard, and five (!) snakes. (And fish, since he mentions them later on)
- Raising animals is a hobby that takes a lot of time, but he gets a lot out of it in return.
- He finds snakes very beautiful, but they're fragile and difficult to raise.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Wow, this actually became a thread!
Woah, are you sure Joubert didn't miss his true calling as a zookeeper? :laugh:
In case anyone's interested in what he says in the first video:
- He's always loved animals. He's always owned a dog, a cat, and often watches TV shows about animals.
- He owns parrots, a tortoise, a lizard, and five (!) snakes. (And fish, since he mentions them later on)
- Raising animals is a hobby that takes a lot of time, but he gets a lot out of it in return.
- He finds snakes very beautiful, but they're fragile and difficult to raise.
I can image new profession for Jourbert now that he has already retired. He can be a hot zookeeper! :love:

makaihime

Final Flight

So adorable! She's still pretty dry compared to me lol whenever I give my dog a shower I come out looking like I just took a swim while wearing my clothes :sarcasm: I do hope she remembers to clean his ears otherwise they can get infected

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
If anyone is not clicking around already US Figure Skating's is doing a twitter thing for national dog week and collecting pics of skater puppies. Thought some might enjoy it.

Still prefer cats. . . dogs don't purr. . . I just. . . it is not the same, nothing can replace a good purr on your lap.

Mirai Nagasu's Lincoln is missing, but still very cute.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I am deeply disturbed and very disappointed with some people's prejudice against the Pooh. I expect better things from the GS. Winnie is the best thing happened to this sport since the invention of Elvis Stojko's karate hands!

Frankly these days, I only watch Hanyu just to to catch the sight of the Pooh at rink side. Oh~! The incredibly warm and fuzzy feeling of comfort and joy, along with forgive and forgetfulness makes Hanyu the most transcendental skater around. Pooh is the perfect foil to the sour faced rosey cheeked Orser after a bad skate. The perfect defender after another round of outrageous phantasy component scoring, one just have to awww @ Pooh's ever so reliable smile and cute podgy behind; 98% naysayer's hostility and vengefulness automatically melt away... into a warm puddle of BBQed marshmellows on a quiet chilly night. Pooh is the best chaperon to all the latest Hanyu costume 'spectacle', with his impressive Pooh style classicly cut red shirt of impeccable length and immaculate fitting. Johnny Weir can only dream to have such good taste or style as the Pooh! Having a famous BBF (bestest bear friend) like Pooh only raises Hanyu's international profiles enormously (as well as this sport). His most loyal defender, bouncer, fluffer, wingman, consummate protector, all rolled in one. Comrade in arms, defender of the quad salcow, a new fav animal friend to the Winniverse.

The naysayers just have to face the fact Pooh is here to stay. A Pooh bear is a friend for life!! The Pooh will likely to out last all your GS accounts! It will outlast Hanyu's coaching relationships! It is likely to outlast Hanyu's romantic adventures/troubles and even bromance with Javi and Nam. It may even outlast his incredible costume phases! Pooh will be right there @ Hanyu's first driving test, at his graduation, at each of his birthdays, at Hanyu's wedding, be there at his children Christening, @ his bed side in the hostpitals when he is sick, and certainly will be there when he receive his 2nd Olympic medal. Hell and high water, Snow Storm and Tsunami lightening be d*mned, you can count on the Pooh!

Equality for Pooh!!
Defender of Winnie!!!
Winnie for president of ISU!!!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Recently crowned US pair champions, Alexa Scimeca and Chris Knierim, have a cat.

http://figureskatersonline.com/scimeca-knierim/2013/09/
Love, Alexa and Chris
P.S. WE FORGOT!!!!!! Oh no, we forgot the most important memo! This summer we adopted a beautiful cat! Her name is Scarlet. She is the cutest kitty!!! Maybe we will teach her how to skate…. ;)

http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/team/scimeca_knierim
Scimeca and Knierim announced their engagement in April 2014 ... The couple shares a cat named Scarlet, to whom the ring was attached when Knierim proposed

Alexa really loves cats :) She has been quoted as saying she doesn't have (or maybe it was need?) friends, she has cats.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...6341&refsrc=http://www.google.com/search&_rdr

Scarlet, dressed for Christmas is somewhere in this pinterest post.
http://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...9QEwAA&usg=AFQjCNEddc17zYwL3C03N-atAZITU2BzBA

Alexa Scimeca adores her cat, Scarlet, who has an entire feline wardrobe including a pink boa

Iwish I could see a photo of that!

Last edited: