The diverse beauty of men in figure skating | Page 5 | Golden Skate

The diverse beauty of men in figure skating

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Charlie is handsome, and Jason is the very definition of "cute", but no love for my homie Nate Bartholomay? The trio of great American hair!:laugh:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Charlie is handsome, and Jason is the very definition of "cute", but no love for my homie Nate Bartholomay? ...

Jason Brown has more to offer than his default mode of cute, I would say. :yes:

Glad to add to the love for Bartholomay. :agree:
White? Sure.

I hope that Chan, Oda, and Radford already have been named above.

A few more for an endless list: Colin McManus, Mervin Tran, Max Settlage, Zhao Kai Pang, ...

... And don't fret; you're surrounded by Charlie fans. ...

Understatement of the year. ;)

Amei

Record Breaker
A lot of Russians in this thread - it's almost like it's a requirement for Russian male figure skaters.

John Zimmerman
Michael Weiss - that hair!
Timothy Goebel
Maxim Trankov - his eyes are so striking!

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Glad to have you here! And don't fret; you're surrounded by Charlie fans. I love him both as a skater and as a dancer on DWTS. Whenever I want to feel happy, I go back and watch the Die Fledermaus free dance. And it's not just to see Meryl; it's to see both of them, as individuals and as a team. I don't drink, but I imagine that watching it is like having a glass of the finest Champagne, along with truffles from some exalted Paris chocolatier--only better!

Oh, yes...and he's gorgeous.
After DWTS this is my go be happy video for now on

foruiz

Final Flight
Looks like orange/lime to me. Seems to be very tasty. :popcorn:

I suddenly remember that video of Yuzu where he thought that his skin looked too yellow and pondered out loud that it might be because he had too many oranges. Later, he said that it might be due to the monitor's color after all. What type of oranges did you have at that time Yuzu? :laugh:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Anyone like tall dark men like Evan Lysacek. How about the young Kurt Browning with hair. Remember Peter Oppegard? How about the most gorgeous Russian skater, immortal beloved Sergei Grinkov? He was to die for. Miss you forever SG.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I suddenly remember that video of Yuzu where he thought that his skin looked too yellow and pondered out loud that it might be because he had too many oranges. Later, he said that it might be due to the monitor's color after all. What type of oranges did you have at that time Yuzu? :laugh:
Mmm, oranges... what thread was this again? Oh right, Yuzu! Give the kid a few years. I don't find him hot right now but he could get there. ;)

Regarding Evan: I think he was pretty good-looking circa. 2006, but by the time we got to the Vancouver Olympics... umm... :slink: He looks slightly better in the brief shots of him in Sochi compared to four years ago though.

Maybe my tastes have changed? I used to be all about "tall, dark, and handsome" but it seems like my list is all blond guys nowadays. :laugh:

Alba

Record Breaker
How about the most gorgeous Russian skater, immortal beloved Sergei Grinkov? He was to die for. Miss you forever SG.

How could I forget him. :bang: Absolutely the most gorgeous skater for me.
I would add also Abt that someone mentioned before. Very handsome.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
What great suggestions everyone! I have so many picks! I'm in my early 40s and have been following skating since I was a kid, so be patient with my looooong list. :) and sorry no pictures- haven't figured out to do that yet!

Classics:
Brian Boitano- always gorgeous and aging really well
Sergei Grinkov, extremely handsome, amazing body, and just so attractive, in part because of his romanticism and strength with his love/wife, Katia.
John Zimmerman- wowza.
Ingo Steuer
Sergei Ponomarenko
Massimo Scali
Peter Oppegaard in his heyday (before he gained weight)
Artur Dimitriev (before he gained 100 lbs and ruined his face with too much drinking/smoking)
Maurizio Margaglio
Jarod Swallow
(can you tell I like dark hair, dark-browed guys?)
Alexei Urmanov- a classic aging very well indeed!

Undeniably Attractive but not my cup of tea:
Michael Weiss (too stocky for me)
Yagudin- handsome face, too short and stocky for me though
Todd Eldredge (a little underwhelming with charisma)
Ilia Kulik- I get the Leo DiCaprio thing but his awful clothes, overly red cheeks, smoking, and cocky attitude ruin his appeal for me
Javi Fernandez- gorgeous face, sweet smile, nice body, but his stiff skating turns me off.

Recently Retired:
Lambiel- all my gay friends are besotted with him. He is a beautiful thing to behold!
Johnny Weir- so so gorgeous before he went too over the top and began wearing fake hair. Check him out circa 2004-2006.
Evan Lysacek- classically handsome and a great body.

Current:
Andrew Poje oh my oh my. Can't watch him too closely when my husband is around. :)
Charlie White- my pick to marry my stepdaughter- best combination of handsome, adorable, lovely, and appealing.
Brian Joubert- never saw it until this year but wow he is a hottie
Josh Farris is growing up into a gorgeous man
Alex Shibutani is handsome, sexy, and fun
Patrick Chan- very handsome and adorable, boyish and beautiful
Jeremy Abbott- I find him a great combination of fresh/innocent and strong/hot. He has beautiful eyes and a great body.
Fabien Bourzat- he makes me weak in the knees, actually
Maxim Trankov- stunningly good-looking, especially when he doesn't do weird things with his facial hair or cut his hair with a bowl! His tender treatment of Tatiana only further endears him to me.
Robin Szkolowy- so attractive and appealingly laid-back and un-arrogant
Adam Rippon- could be a male model if he were taller.
Takahashi- sooooooo attractive!

I absolutely adore Yuzu and Jason, but I see them as cutie-pies rather than hotties or especially handsome.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Anyone like tall dark men like Evan Lysacek. How about the young Kurt Browning with hair. Remember Peter Oppegard? How about the most gorgeous Russian skater, immortal beloved Sergei Grinkov? He was to die for. Miss you forever SG.

You and I have very similar taste! See my list above. :)

I think old Kurt Browning is pretty good too. Some of his full hair days were problematic- especially when he had the mullet!

BlackPack

Medalist
What great suggestions everyone! I have so many picks! I'm in my early 40s and have been following skating since I was a kid, so be patient with my looooong list. :) and sorry no pictures- haven't figured out to do that yet!

Classics:
Brian Boitano- always gorgeous and aging really well
Sergei Grinkov, extremely handsome, amazing body, and just so attractive, in part because of his romanticism and strength with his love/wife, Katia.
John Zimmerman- wowza.
Ingo Steuer
Sergei Ponomarenko
Massimo Scali
Peter Oppegaard in his heyday (before he gained weight)
Artur Dimitriev (before he gained 100 lbs and ruined his face with too much drinking/smoking)
Maurizio Margaglio
Jarod Swallow
(can you tell I like dark hair, dark-browed guys?)
Alexei Urmanov- a classic aging very well indeed!

Undeniably Attractive but not my cup of tea:
Michael Weiss (too stocky for me)
Yagudin- handsome face, too short and stocky for me though
Todd Eldredge (a little underwhelming with charisma)
Ilia Kulik- I get the Leo DiCaprio thing but his awful clothes, overly red cheeks, smoking, and cocky attitude ruin his appeal for me
Javi Fernandez- gorgeous face, sweet smile, nice body, but his stiff skating turns me off.

Recently Retired:
Lambiel- all my gay friends are besotted with him. He is a beautiful thing to behold!
Johnny Weir- so so gorgeous before he went too over the top and began wearing fake hair. Check him out circa 2004-2006.
Evan Lysacek- classically handsome and a great body.

Current:
Andrew Poje oh my oh my. Can't watch him too closely when my husband is around. :)
Charlie White- my pick to marry my stepdaughter- best combination of handsome, adorable, lovely, and appealing.
Brian Joubert- never saw it until this year but wow he is a hottie
Josh Farris is growing up into a gorgeous man
Alex Shibutani is handsome, sexy, and fun
Patrick Chan- very handsome and adorable, boyish and beautiful
Jeremy Abbott- I find him a great combination of fresh/innocent and strong/hot. He has beautiful eyes and a great body.
Fabien Bourzat- he makes me weak in the knees, actually
Maxim Trankov- stunningly good-looking, especially when he doesn't do weird things with his facial hair or cut his hair with a bowl! His tender treatment of Tatiana only further endears him to me.
Robin Szkolowy- so attractive and appealingly laid-back and un-arrogant
Adam Rippon- could be a male model if he were taller.
Takahashi- sooooooo attractive!

I absolutely adore Yuzu and Jason, but I see them as cutie-pies rather than hotties or especially handsome.

Wow, WWgirl, you are very lustful and amorous :biggrin:;) That's one hell of a long list.

littlexflower

Rinkside
Yuzu will forever be number one cute athlete in my heart :love: Sometimes he looks exactly like a chubby, adorable and playful hamster :laugh: No wonder a lot of fans prefer to call him Hamyu over any other nicknames :laugh: