2014 Nebelhorn Trophy | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Nebelhorn Trophy

Figureskaterr

Rinkside
It always depends if a TV station has the exclusive rights for broadcasting.

The tickets are now on sale ;)

As said earlier there are no numbered seats and the Gala is included in the All-Event ticket. (55 Euro)

Online ticket sale in German

http://www.oberstdorf.de/erlebnis/veranstaltungen/kartenvorverkauf.html

For international guests:

[email protected] (just state for which event you need a ticket and how many, they send you back a billing address where you can pay for the ticket. Once done the ticket will be sent to you or you can pick them up at the office at Oberstdorf)

Off Topic:

Since I will be very busy now with the US Open for the next two weeks I wont be able to answer PMs as quick as before, but you can still write them of course ;)

Don't worry Alex. Thank you very much for your updates :)

Lyinna

Rinkside
Have you heard anything back from the email adress Alex gave us? I've written to them on Monday and I still don't have an answer, I'm wandering if I should email them again.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Alex, do you happen to have the original entry list? Three ladies were deleted from the list, it's shorter now. A.Gjersem is one of them.. but who else? Was there supposed to be a Japanese skater (Murakami/Miyahara?) in the ladies event whose name has been removed? Any changes in other disciplines? http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00051566.htm

I think Miyahara was in the original entry list.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Changes in the Ladies' entries that I noted on August 25:

Isadora WILLIAMS BRA removed, no replacement
Anne Line GJERSEM NOR removed, no replacement
Polina SHELEPEN ISR removed, replaced by Aimee BUCHANAN (competed in Senior Ladies at 2012 U.S. Nationals)
Kanako MURAKAMI JPN removed, no replacement

Alex D

Record Breaker
Have you heard anything back from the email adress Alex gave us? I've written to them on Monday and I still don't have an answer, I'm wandering if I should email them again.

Did you get a reply by now? And did everyone else get their tickets or has any questions?

Alex, do you happen to have the original entry list? Three ladies were deleted from the list, it's shorter now. A.Gjersem is one of them.. but who else? Was there supposed to be a Japanese skater (Murakami/Miyahara?) in the ladies event whose name has been removed? Any changes in other disciplines? http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00051566.htm

Nope sorry I do not have the old lists but this is actually a very good idea of you to keep them next time ;)

I hope we wont lose too many more but its always like that with events ^^ You write a preview and then half of the skaters are gone when the Event finally starts :p

If I am not mistaken then Alex & Nelli were added later as well or I for some silly reason just didn't see them two weeks ago :slink: Besides that, Isa is indeed no longer listed :( as Sylvia mentioned (thanks for keeping the others informed btw. ;)

Its only about two and a half weeks now and I am already excited and will be at Oberstdorf from the 23. on ;)

Lyinna

Rinkside
I was away for a few days, but I did get an answer, so everything is okay! Thank you very much Alex

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
http://www.eissportzentrum-oberstdorf.de/veranstaltungen/nebelhorn-trophy-2014.html

does this article really say that there will be live stream for Nebelhorn Trophy?

Does anybody know anything more about the livestream?

Is it going to be on the ISU YouTube Channel or the event website? And, more importantly, is it going to be archived?

I'm doing an excavation at the moment :rock:, but it means I am not going to be able to watch live. :disapp:

And there is a certain lady in particular that I really want to see...! ;)

It was great that we were able to actually watch the Nebelhorn on the TV last season. I really enjoyed it! Although us hard-core fans knew about the event for years, the Eurosport coverage really raised the profile of the Nebelhorn amongst more casual fans.

Just like the Eurosport coverage has done for the end-of-year Eisgala (also at Oberstdorf).

But, let's be blunt, Eurosport were only showing the Nebelhorn last year because it was the Olympic Qualifying event. I doubt if they are showing it, or any other Senior B competitions, this year.

Although, if this Challenger Series is as successful as I suspect it will be, the TV channels might get interested in the Senior B's in future seasons...

We can but hope! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
Does anybody know anything more about the livestream?

Is it going to be on the ISU YouTube Channel or the event website? And, more importantly, is it going to be archived?

I'm doing an excavation at the moment :rock:, but it means I am not going to be able to watch live. :disapp:

And there is a certain lady in particular that I really want to see...! ;)

It was great that we were able to actually watch the Nebelhorn on the TV last season. I really enjoyed it! Although us hard-core fans knew about the event for years, the Eurosport coverage really raised the profile of the Nebelhorn amongst more casual fans.

Just like the Eurosport coverage has done for the end-of-year Eisgala (also at Oberstdorf).

But, let's be blunt, Eurosport were only showing the Nebelhorn last year because it was the Olympic Qualifying event. I doubt if they are showing it, or any other Senior B competitions, this year.

Although, if this Challenger Series is as successful as I suspect it will be, the TV channels might get interested in the Senior B's in future seasons...

We can but hope! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

I know !, last year was awesome getting to watch it on Eurosport.
Do you know if Eurosport are showing the Grand Prix Series again this year ?.

Alex D

Record Breaker

Ya this is very unfortunate I really enjoyed them last season :( I guess I will write a brand new teaser soon :p

As for the Live Stream.

In the official announcement by the Ice Centre of Oberstdorf a Live stream was mentioned.

Erstmals im Internet per Livestream zu sehen!

http://www.eissportzentrum-oberstdorf.de/kalender/2014-09-73982.html

Unless something odd came up and they run into technical difficulties the stream should go online as announced. More information I sadly don't have :(

GGoldberg

Match Penalty
I'm really looking forward to the 'experiment' with select judges focusing on particular PCS components. I hope it will be possible to see how the marks were given using this unique structure on the protocols, though I bet the way the software has been set up, I'm doubtful that we will see how it played out.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

auser

Record Breaker
Nebelhorn 2014 LIVE STREAMING link is on this official federation page (which was posted on Sep 19):
Streaming begins on Thu Sep 25.
I wonder whether the video will archived on the same site. :think:​

Updated COLOR-CODED SCHEDULE, as of Sep 17:

Thank you golden411 for your informative posts. I can't tell you how helpful posts such as the NBC broadcast info, and this post, among many others are to me :clap:. Do you happen to know if this Nebelhorn live stream is geoblocked? In any case, thank you because I will know where to find it even using workarounds thanks to your efforts.:)

Alex D

Record Breaker
Thank you golden411 for your informative posts. I can't tell you how helpful posts such as the NBC broadcast info, and this post, among many others are to me :clap:. Do you happen to know if this Nebelhorn live stream is geoblocked? In any case, thank you because I will know where to find it even using workarounds thanks to your efforts.:)

I don't think it will be as there is no Eurosport at Oberstdorf this year.

http://new.livestream.com/

This is the link btw. for those not able to read German ;) Once the event is starting, you should be able to select the stream there. For further information just check the first page of this thread.

I also have some good news for all fans of Liza, she is going to compete at Oberstdorf :clap:

Below the updated announcement, lets hope nobody bails out now :slink:

Last year the Nebelhorn Trophy was all about getting those final spots for the Olympics. We saw tears of joy and pain, some dreams crushed while others fulfilled. While we won´t have an Olympic qualifier this year it won´t be less interesting for sure. A brand new judging system will be tested out, optional vocal support has been added to the ice dance and pairs competition and we do have international stars and those who want to be one in the future.

Oberstdorf will welcome the Olympic bronze medalist Denis Ten, the-ever smiling Gracie Gold who won bronze with the team at Sochi, Mr. MC Hammer Jason Brown, Batman Alexander Smirnov with his Batgirl Yuko Kawagutchi, the elegance in person Fleur Maxwell , the highly talented - bronze medalist of Zagreb Elizaveta Tuktamysheva and of course many of the local heroes such as the promising couple Annabelle Prölß & Ruben Blommaert and the extremely entertaining Ice Dance couple of Nelli & Alex.

A special highlight as in every year will be the Gala on Saturday where not only the top competitors will perform, but also a couple of guests! Besides that the whole event will be broadcasted live via. Internet stream!

Some additional info in regards of my coverage from Nebelhorn. First I thought about having a live "text coverage" but since people can watch the event I don't think this is necessary now.

However,

it is planned to write a detailed summary about each competition (all skaters) after it took place so that those not able to watch it live can read up about how their favorite skaters did. If possible a video link will also be added under each performance this however depends on how many people upload a video to YT. That said, the live broadcast should also be available for on demand streaming later.

After the full event my column will also go live with some additional insight about the event and some funny anecdotes if they do happen.

Any questions, suggestions? Then shoot, else I see you all in one way or the other at Oberstdorf.

IcyEdges

Match Penalty
Word is Hubbell/Donohue have W/D and are making their season debut at Skate Canada in the GP.