2014 Nebelhorn Trophy | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2014 Nebelhorn Trophy

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thanks everyone! I'm guessing that there will be archiving, since the test video from today is already in the archives (I'm watching it now). I'm also guessing this means they'll be showing practices on the stream (I'm hoping at least). The website says that something is going to be live at 10:00 PM EST this evening, but it doesn't say what.

Also, thanks to Ms. P for giving us the times in EST. It's a great help to those of us in NA!

Thx to skatingfan04 and to Mrs. P and to Alex.

For future reference for others, this page has Nebelhorn links both to the live streaming itself and to the archived video:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Thanks everyone for the answers about archived video!

Thanks also to Mrs. P for converting the times in the first post. One very small observation: it says the Men's Short Program starts at 19:00 local time and 12:00 Standard Eastern Time, but doesn't that convert to 1PM Eastern time? I hate to nitpick but I'd also hate someone to tune in at the wrong time...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thanks everyone for the answers about archived video!

Thanks also to Mrs. P for converting the times in the first post. One very small observation: it says the Men's Short Program starts at 19:00 local time and 12:00 Standard Eastern Time, but doesn't that convert to 1PM Eastern time? I hate to nitpick but I'd also hate someone to tune in at the wrong time...

No worries. It was an error! You are correct; I have edited the post to reflect the correct time.

SimplyAFan

On the Ice
So glad Jason is blogging. I enjoy his blogs every time. Always enthusiastic :) he mentions that Mariah bell is now training with kori Ade. I thought she was but I didn't know if it was official. I'm curious to see how she does here. I enjoyed watching her skate at nationals.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Thanks for adding the times Mrs.P great idea ;)

Also the link golden has posted is indeed the official channel just bookmark it ;)

As for the judging, i dont know yet how they will do it but hope to maybe get a glimpse of it today.

Alex D

Record Breaker
In case someone wants to come over or it might be broadcasted on the stream (http://new.livestream.com/accounts/10053677), the transcript of the practice schedule from the MR for today.

Ice Dance

Group 1. 13:05 - 13:40 CET (7:05 Eastern Daylight Time/20:00 Japan Standard Time

1. Paradis / Ouellette
2. Weaver / Poje
3. Zhiganshina / Gazsi
4. Jones / Sharpe

Group 2. 13:50 - 14:25 CET (7:50 Eastern Daylight Time/20:05 Japan Standard Time)

1. Mansour / Ceska
2. Reed / Rogov
3. Kim / Minov
4. Min / Koleto

Group 3. 14:25 - 15:00 CET (8:25 Eastern Daylight Time/22:00 Japan Standard Time)

1. Bonacorsi / Fioretti
2. Manni / Naggiar
3. Chock / Bates
4. Hawayek / Baker

Pairs

Group 1. 15:10 - 15:45 CET (9:10 Eastern Daylight Time/22:45 Japan Standard Time)

1. Paliakova / Bochkov
2. Grenie / Deschamps
3. James / Cipres
4. Fancy / Boyadji

Group 2. 15:45 - 16:20 CET (11:45 Eastern Daylight Time/23:20 Japan Standard Time)

1. Stephens / Dodds
2. Takahasi / Kihara
3. Kavaguti / Smirnov
4. Tarasova / Morozov

Group 3. 16:30 - 17:05 CET (10:30 Eastern Daylight Time/00:05 Japan Standard Time)

1. Prölss / Blommaert (*)
2. Aaron / Settlage
3. Scimeca / Knierim
* Annabelle has the flew and wont be able to start

Men

Group 1. 17:15 - 17:55 CET (11:15 Eastern Daylight Time / 00:55 Japan Standard Time

1. Daniel Samohin
2. Denis Ten
3. Elladj Balde
4. Liam Firus
5. Alexei Bychenko

Group 3. 17:55 - 18:35 CET (11:55 Eastern Daylight Time/01:35 Japan Standard Time

1. Ivan Righini
2. Ryuju Hino
3. Michal Brezina
4. Alexander Bjelde
5. Paul Fentz

Group 3. 18:45 - 19:25 CET(12:45 Eastern Daylight Time/02:25 Japan Standard Time)

1. Jason Brown
2. Alexander Johnson
3. Andrew Dodds
4. Konstantin Menshov
5. Sergei Voronov

Ladies

The Ladies wont go to the MR today but the PR at 14:20 CET (08:20 Eastern Daylight Time/21:20 Japan Standard Time ) - Janina Makeenka from Belarus being the first on the ice.
MR practice starts tomorrow the 25. of September at 08:20 CET (02:20 Eastern Daylight Time/15:20 Japan Standard Time with Brooklee Han from Australia. Gracie and Mariah are in Group 3, Veronik and Liza in 2 while all the Fins together with Ocharova in 4. I will give you the exact schedule a bit later.

Please keep in mind that all is subject to changes ;)

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Can anyone record at least the runthroughs? I don't have time to watch them live :frown:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Lots of spectators while Denis had his practice session, he did his FS and landed a quad which gave him some applause ;)

An update in regards of Annabelle and Ruben, as mentioned earlier they wont be able to skate here at Oberstdorf. But they do plan on going to Nizza at the end of October instead.

Alex D

Record Breaker
It doesn't seem like they are, or at least it's not working for me either here in Boston.

They unfortunately don't stream it, they are still installing all the cameras and stuff.

Group 1 Ice Dance is through,

I really enjoyed the program of all three couples and those that always think Ice Dance is boring should check it out this time ;) Love the red dress of Kaitlyn and how it flys in the wind. hot favorite for the win here at Oberstdorf.

Nelli & Alex didn't practice again after they were here early in the morning. Their choreographies were this year designed together with Stéphane Lambiel so they are going for a more "serious" approach this year. :)

That's it for now, I will head back to the practice session.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
They unfortunately don't stream it, they are still installing all the cameras and stuff.

Group 1 Ice Dance is through,

I really enjoyed the program of all three couples and those that always think Ice Dance is boring should check it out this time ;) Love the red dress of Kaitlyn and how it flys in the wind. hot favorite for the win here at Oberstdorf.

Nelli & Alex didn't practice again after they were here early in the morning. Their choreographies were this year designed together with Stéphane Lambiel so they are going for a more "serious" approach this year. :)

That's it for now, I will head back to the practice session.

Thanks! I've been waiting not so patiently for news of Weaver/Poje, so I'm glad to hear they looked good on the practice session.

Also, I apologize for starting this confusion over streaming the practices. I guess it was just wishful thinking!

Sackie

Medalist
Well the US is in good shape to take 3 of the 4 titles here. The only one they really don't look as good in is Pairs but that even depends on how well K/S are skating. But I can see Gracie, Jason and C/B all taken the titles here.

swurvestar

Rinkside
Well the US is in good shape to take 3 of the 4 titles here. The only one they really don't look as good in is Pairs but that even depends on how well K/S are skating. But I can see Gracie, Jason and C/B all taken the titles here.

Really? I'm somewhat surprised that C/B would take it so easily. Granted, I just saw a tiny bit of their practice on the test feed, but each time, their twizzles were off. I would think it would be a fight between them and W/P and not an easy one at that. Also, I think Jason would have a battle with Ten, especially if Dennis is fully recovered from his problems last year and his new silk road program is as great as others are saying. I'm a huge Jason fan, but just trying to be realistic. Just my opinion though.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Thanks! I've been waiting not so patiently for news of Weaver/Poje, so I'm glad to hear they looked good on the practice session.

Also, I apologize for starting this confusion over streaming the practices. I guess it was just wishful thinking!

Actually there might could had been the chance that they would broadcast small pieces as a test but so far it doesn't seem like it ;)

Just saw two groups of Ladies, while the first only had Janina Makeenka, the second had all except Julia Sauter. Veroniks program is great, I like the way how she does interpret her role.

Liza was my fav. so far. She looks very slim but did practice all her triple jumps and landed a 3-3. Was a tough session for her but she kept going. What I liked so much about her FS is the actual attitude of her. She is smiling and it seems she is enjoying her time on the ice. The program itself is more "feminine" and a bit sexy - really nice. Good to have Liza back ;)

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Actually there might could had been the chance that they would broadcast small pieces as a test but so far it doesn't seem like it ;)

Just saw two groups of Ladies, while the first only had Janina Makeenka, the second had all except Julia Sauter. Veroniks program is great, I like the way how she does interpret her role.

Liza was my fav. so far. She looks very slim but did practice all her triple jumps and landed a 3-3. Was a tough session for her but she kept going. What I liked so much about her FS is the actual attitude of her. She is smiling and it seems she is enjoying her time on the ice. The program itself is more "feminine" and a bit sexy - really nice. Good to have Liza back ;)
Was it 3T+3T or 3Lz+3T?