3 Carreira & Ponomarenko 40.00
4 Becker & Becker 36.95

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
McNamara/Carpenter withdrew :cry:

Emily Day and Kevin Leahy were the class of juniors. When you consider that it is a long time since any team of note had come out of Southern California, their prowess is even more remarkable. I hope they will be given a JGP assignment this fall.

http://eventcoverage.ice-dance.com/...0-competitors/junior/42-emily-day-kevin-leahy

And those who attended got a first look at Anthony Ponomarenko and his new partner, Ross Gudis and his new partner, and Elliana Pogrebinsky, his former partner, with her new partner.

The Beckers did not do well.

They were only 2 senior teams competing, neither well-known.

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
McNamara/Carpenter withdrew :cry:

Emily Day and Kevin Leahy were the class of juniors. When you consider that it is a long time since any team of note had come out of Southern California, their prowess is even more remarkable. I hope they will be given a JGP assignment this fall.

http://eventcoverage.ice-dance.com/...0-competitors/junior/42-emily-day-kevin-leahy

And those who attended got a first look at Anthony Ponomarenko and his new partner, Ross Gudis and his new partner, and Elliana Pogrebinsky, his former partner, with her new partner.

The Beckers did not do well.

They were only 2 senior teams competing, neither well-known.

They didn't do exceptional, but 4th of 10 in the SD and 6th of 11 in the FD for a newly moved up young team is still commendable.

Also, looking at the pictures of the event, I refuse to believe Eliana Gropman is older than Gigi Becker, wow.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It's not bad, but the Beckers easily beat Ponomarenko with his previous partner at US Novice nationals, winning the event. Since they are an established team, I was a bit surprised they didn't finish higher here.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
It's not bad, but the Beckers easily beat Ponomarenko with his previous partner at US Novice nationals, winning the event. Since they are an established team, I was a bit surprised they didn't finish higher here.

I wonder if it's the transition to SD over PD. They only beat Feng/Ponomarenko by the margin they did because of easy victories in both PDs. Maybe the change to SD is having a bad effect. Sletten/Verburg and Gropman/Somerville seemed have a lot of trouble at Chesapeake as well.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It could be the Shpilband effect. Ponomarenko and Carriere are with Igor. The rules for the SD have changed quite a bit, and the rules for twizzle levels are a lot different. Igor has always been on top of all the rule changes early.