BC Summerskate 2014 | Golden Skate

BC Summerskate 2014

ice coverage

Record Breaker
http://www.skatinginbc.com/competitions/super-series/2014-super-series-summerskate

The announcement for BC Summerskate can be downloaded from the page listed above.

The event will take place August 14th to August 17th.

Ladt season live streaming was available for this event. I hope it will be available this year.

Per the event page in DP's post:

~ Skater Groupings as of Jul 17:

Some of the notable entries:
Edwards/Pang; Orford/Williams; Jeremy Ten; Larkyn Austman; Alexandra Najarro​

~ Competition Schedule as of Jul 16:

~ Live streaming does seems to be planned :).

ETA, updating this post with the correct links for streaming and archived video:

- Skate Canada Rink streaming:

- Rink 1 streaming:

Archived videos are posted at the streaming links above at the right of the screen.​

ice coverage

Record Breaker

colleen o'neill

Medalist
De-Lurk!

I'm very pleased with both O/W's programs , whereas last year..m-m-m-m not so much..( particularly the FD )

Where is NorthernDancers ?.. c'mon , ol' buddy .. You must see how hard Thomas has been working this last year.. Three years ago, he was like some creature just poking it's nose out of the chrysalis. Now I think he mainly need just a little more sunlight on those wings. ;)

(From a floor dancer POV, I've noticed some change and improvement in the last 2 yrs,though more was needed... but I know it takes time to change the habits developed over years, so I felt they were moving in the right direction ).

The critique that they've been too invested in speed at the expense of other qualities, I thought was well made.

Now I think we're seeing a much more equal partnership and there's terrific progress in terms of Thomas' extension , toe point ,carriage and fluidity in the upper body.. I think there was an article recently where they said they'd been doing a lot of ballet , and it definitely shows.

Do I remember correctly that they've gone to mark Pillay for choreography?

If so, I don't know if he's done both their programs, but if this is his first foray into dance choreography, he's off to a great start.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
colleen, glad to see you back!! For sure, Pillay did their FD. I am not sure about the SD details.

I agree with you about Thomas' improvement!

colleen o'neill

Medalist
Thanks, doris, I'm glad to be here..

I'm really quite stunned to like O/W's FD so much ( I generally have a Titanic allergy). So after last years weird and ( I thought) un-relatable FD, I was feeling some trepidation. I like the music cuts and am so happy they use no vocals. I was even pleased to see it in what appeared to be practice outfits first time out because you can really see the body lines ( I only wish there was more light in the arena.)

I wondered about the SD, because I live in Vancouver and I know we have more than one excellent flamenco teacher ,locally, so they wouldn't have had to go far for styling.

I also liked E/P's programs, and think they should shape up well. But the other program I was really high on was Del Maestro and Lum's Charleston FD. She still has a way to go to match him,and the SD wasn't all I could have hoped for, but that charleston is a lot of fun.