Philadelphia Summer Championships 2014 - Liberty | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Philadelphia Summer Championships 2014 - Liberty

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I would love a report on Ross Miner! I know some don't care for Ross...think he is dull or something...but I really like him. Loved his FS last year. I'm really hoping he has found his 3A and is having more success with a quad.

Thanks for any and all reports.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm definitely in that minority. I think Ross' skill is underrated. I liked his FS last year too. Hoping for better things this season!

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
I would love a report on Ross Miner! I know some don't care for Ross...think he is dull or something...but I really like him. Loved his FS last year. I'm really hoping he has found his 3A and is having more success with a quad. Thanks for any and all reports.

I am definitely going to repay the favor in all the updates this forum gives me:) I am going to try and update live. Hopefully I'm ok at it.

RUKen

Rinkside
Thanks for the advice about the bleachers. I will definitely take it. I am right outside of Philadelphia so it shouldn't be a long trip. Because of work I can do the Saturday/Sunday events which I think are the Junior/Senior events.

There are no Sunday events; it wraps up on Saturday.

80sskatergirl

Rinkside
I would love a report on Ross Miner! I know some don't care for Ross...think he is dull or something...but I really like him. Loved his FS last year. I'm really hoping he has found his 3A and is having more success with a quad.

Thanks for any and all reports.

Yes I agree! I am curious to see what his music selections are this year, given that so much focus was put on his "Boston Strong" program last year. I wonder if he will keep his same short program from last year. I'm thinking no, as even though it was a classic, well choreographed program, he never skated it cleanly. I wish for a better season for him this year!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We're going from Wednesday to Saturday! I am so glad that Ross Miner will be back there this season. I'm hoping for Samantha Caesario, and Ashley Cain is a joy to watch. I hope Keegan Messing will be there, along with Emanuel Savary. The rink food is quite decent (lots of healthy choices available - :love: the rice bowl selections). Absolutely dress warm - the rink is the coldest rink we've ever been in. We wear pants, long sleeves, fleece, bring blankets, and seat cushion/stadium seats (and change back to shorts after each day's competition).

ryanbfan

On the Ice
We're going from Wednesday to Saturday! I am so glad that Ross Miner will be back there this season. I'm hoping for Samantha Caesario, and Ashley Cain is a joy to watch. I hope Keegan Messing will be there, along with Emanuel Savary. The rink food is quite decent (lots of healthy choices available - :love: the rice bowl selections). Absolutely dress warm - the rink is the coldest rink we've ever been in. We wear pants, long sleeves, fleece, bring blankets, and seat cushion/stadium seats (and change back to shorts after each day's competition).

Keegan is not doing any summer comps this summer; he is dealing with an injury.

princessomega

Rinkside
I def will be excited to see what Ross has planned for this season. Ill be checking in for updates.
Mens SP seems to be on Thurs night followed by FS on Friday.
Have fun to everyone going and hope you can share some reports.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Does anyone know if results are being announced anywhere online

The official event website has a RESULTS page. I have no idea how timely (or not) the updates there will be.

I def will be excited to see what Ross has planned for this season. Ill be checking in for updates.
Mens SP seems to be on Thurs night followed by FS on Friday.
Have fun to everyone going and hope you can share some reports.

FYI, the Programs thread now has Miner's SP and FS music information.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We'll miss Keegan very much, but hope he recovers soon from his injury. Wishing him all the best as he will represent Canada in the future.

Thrill of yesterday - "Uncle" Dickie was @ the Ice Works Cafe from 9AM - 1 PM, promoting his book, Push Dick's Button! It was a pleasure talking to him again, and my friend who accompanied me was ecstatic to finally meet him up close & personal. We got to talk to Rocky Marval, Viktor Pfeiffer (coaching now), and Mark Ladwig (his wife just had son # 2 , Felix), & he's there representing Ultima Skates. Can't wait to see Ross, Emanuel, & Ashley Cain!

Sylvia is there, so I wouldn't be surprised if she posts results! :)

Sylvia

Record Breaker

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
Could someone record the performance of : Ashley Cain, Veronik Mallet, Roxanne Rheault and Polina Shelepen and put it on youtube.

I wish to see both the SP/FS, if anyone can do this for me, I would be thankful for that person :love:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yay, Sylvia! :clap:

As Sylvia said, Ashley is not competing this week, but she's cheering on her rinkmates!

I loved Ross Miner's sp - The Way We Were. His fs will be Bocelli's "Romanza." So nice to see Alexander Aiken back on the ice as a competitor! Very impressed With A. Torgachev!

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
Great score for Roxanne Rheault! 3rd place after the short :yay:
Does anyone can report her program ? Witch jump she used ? and does she has landed all her jump or have one fall ? etc.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Polina scoring a poor 35 in the SP :cry: who is she coached by right now?