Broadmoor Open 2014. June 25 to 28 | Golden Skate

Broadmoor Open 2014. June 25 to 28

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Video from the event will be streamed, but it is not free.

The webcast info is here:

http://www.wheatdesigns.com/web_info.html

Jason Brown will definitely be debuting both his new programs there.

Last year Joshua Farris also performed there.

Both also went to the Vail Invitational as well.

Mirai Nagasu has been skating in Colorado Springs lately, so possibly she will compete?

Unfortunately Broadmoor has not listed either an entry list or a list of practice groups that I could find yet.

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
Unfortunately Broadmoor has not listed either an entry list or a list of practice groups that I could find yet.

I'm buying the subscription.

I found a schedule here, under "Special Announcement":

http://www.broadmoorskatingclub.com/BOpen1.html

The schedule opens as a pdf.

For example, Thursday 8:35 to 9 it's senior men SP only. Does this mean senior men who only perform their SP at this event?
Then Fri from 2 to 2:50 it's senior men CE SP. Wonder what that CE stands for?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Jason Brown will definitely be debuting both his new programs there.

Last year Joshua Farris also performed there.

Both also went to the Vail Invitational as well.

Mirai Nagasu has been skating in Colorado Springs lately, so possibly she will compete?

Did Farris skate his programs at the Broadmoor Open last year? He is not listed in the 2013 results.

Is it possible that he entered only the jump competition (which is not included at the link above)??​

Pls keep us posted as to Nagasu and the Broadmoor Open.
(FWIW, Brown and Nagasu are not on this year's Vail roster, AFAIK.)

I'm buying the subscription.

I found a schedule here, under "Special Announcement":

http://www.broadmoorskatingclub.com/BOpen1.html ...

Hope you'll post about who/what you see on the streaming, TMC. Thanks.
[Doris also had started this thread with the schedule/announcement link in the OP. ;)]

TMC

Record Breaker
Oh I see, sorry I didn't notice that.

It seems I won't be able to watch after all, since after 6 tries their system is still telling me that my address doesn't match the credit card billing address. Which is not true, but I suppose something gets lost in translation between Finland and the US. Like it's asking me to write my name exactly as it appears on the card: first name, last name. Only on my card, last name comes first. Tried both ways, no luck. Also I live in a town but my official postal address is the village within the town. Tried those two as well, and again with the name correct and reversed, and still no luck. I sent them an email asking what the problem might be but I'll not be holding my breath to get a reply by Friday...

Still wondering what that CE stands for though - does anyone know?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... For example, Thursday 8:35 to 9 it's senior men SP only. Does this mean senior men who only perform their SP at this event?
Then Fri from 2 to 2:50 it's senior men CE SP. Wonder what that CE stands for?

Oh I see, sorry I didn't notice that.

It seems I won't be able to watch after all, since after 6 tries their system is still telling me that my address doesn't match the credit card billing address. Which is not true, but I suppose something gets lost in translation between Finland and the US. Like it's asking me to write my name exactly as it appears on the card: first name, last name. Only on my card, last name comes first. Tried both ways, no luck. Also I live in a town but my official postal address is the village within the town. Tried those two as well, and again with the name correct and reversed, and still no luck. I sent them an email asking what the problem might be but I'll not be holding my breath to get a reply by Friday...

Still wondering what that CE stands for though - does anyone know?

No worries, TMC. I do hope that you will get a helpful response from the Broadmoor in time to watch. It's cool :cool: for them that someone from Finland takes such an interest in their event.

My hunch is that CE stands for Combined Event (as opposed to Short Program Only).

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Perhaps it will take Paypal?

Meanwhile Alexander Johnson is definitely competing, and Ashley Cain is in Colorado, so she may skate as well.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
According to the schedule that TMC posted, we have Solo Dance and Novice singles today, then Junior and Senior SP tomorrow... Those who will watch, keep us updated! :popcorn:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
and the videos are available on-demand at some point, although you will pay the same amount.

Tavi...

Record Breaker

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I am still really confused about the meaning of SP only v CE. For example, Jason Brown is listed for both the SP only & the CE event. He won't skate his SP twice, right? But will he skate his SP tonight @ 8:35 or tomorrow at 2:00? Why would he register for SP only if he's also doing the FS - so he has a day off in between?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I am still really confused about the meaning of SP only v CE. For example, Jason Brown is listed for both the SP only & the CE event. He won't skate his SP twice, right? But will he skate his SP tonight @ 8:35 or tomorrow at 2:00? Why would he register for SP only if he's also doing the FS - so he has a day off in between?

The Broadmoor's full announcement says something along the lines of (I'm paraphrasing), "If you want to be guaranteed a chance to skate your SP, then you should sign up for SP Only" -- according to what I think I remember from a cursory scan of the announcement several days ago.

I hope someone can give you a much better answer than I can, but I got the impression that a skater who signs up for CE (without signing up also for SP Only) might not get a chance to skate the SP. I didn't stop to take a better look at the fine print to figure out why that might be the case, so I don't have an explanation for the rationale.

Your question is not dumb at all, IMO. I remember being confused when I read the announcement. :confused2:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
The Broadmoor's full announcement says something along the lines of (I'm paraphrasing), "If you want to be guaranteed a chance to skate your SP, then you should sign up for SP Only" -- according to what I think I remember from a cursory scan of the announcement several days ago.

I hope someone can give you a much better answer than I can, but I got the impression that a skater who signs up for CE (without signing up also for SP Only) might not get a chance to skate the SP. I didn't stop to take a better look at the fine print to figure out why that might be the case, so I don't have an explanation for the rationale.

Your question is not dumb at all, IMO. I remember being confused when I read the announcement. :confused2:

Thanks I also saw that but found it confusing b/c it supposedly relates to events where there is a preliminary round, which I don't think is the case for the men. Maybe they don't know when they sign up b/c it cd depend on how many entries they get. Anyway, just saw that Jason tweeted that he starts competing again tonight so that answers one of my questions!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Watching Senior Men SP now!

Well, I'll be sigining off the computer soon, but love to hear your comments on Jason and "Juke" (and the others too);)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So Jason won this segment easily with 80.73 points.

Layout was 3F-3T, 3A (stepout likely <) and 3Z. I like the program so far. It sort of reminds me of his Money SP from when he was a novice (2009) but blues music makes it a more sassy, mature version. As always he was a crowd pleaser and performed during the whole SP. I loved his various blinks and nuances It looked like he was still getting used to the step sequence but I think it's going to be gold once he masters it! Overall it's a good start. I'm a bit curious about his jump layout...couldn't tell if the 3A was after the halfway mark. Can't help if he's thinking of a 4T, 3A, 3Z-3T layout down the road.

I thought Jordan Moeller's SP to Wakare No Kyoku (aka Chopin's Tristesse) was lovely and lyrical. He had some problems with his jumps and finished after the music amassing 3 deductions. However, I see some potential. 56.82

Trevor Bergqvist from Sweden skated to some jazz music (with lyrics). I didn't catch his jumps. 45.60.