Glacier Falls Summer Classic 2014 July 30 to August 3 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Glacier Falls Summer Classic 2014 July 30 to August 3

96skiluvr

On the Ice
Am I the only one who noticed that much of Polina's choreography was the same as last year's program?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It's August, y'all. Polina has 2+ months to work on the program before her first GP. It's a good start.

Last edited:

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie fell on her lutz and missed her 3-3 combo. She would be in 1st place running away without that mistake. I thought she skated her program very well despite the mistake--Frank Carroll's training has paid off.

charmblade

Final Flight
Really enjoyed Polina and Leah. I think when Polina polishes this program up it could really work for her.

Will Leah get JGP assignments? I hope so, I actually really liked her at Nationals this year. I went to one of the practice sessions and she was throwing down triples and 3-3's like they were nothing. She didn't have a great free skate there though, but I have my eye on her for the future. This is a great start to the season for her!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Really enjoyed Polina and Leah. I think when Polina polishes this program up it could really work for her.

Will Leah get JGP assignments? I hope so, I actually really liked her at Nationals this year. I went to one of the practice sessions and she was throwing down triples and 3-3's like they were nothing. She didn't have a great free skate there though, but I have my eye on her for the future. This is a great start to the season for her!

Yes, Leah has been assigned to the second JGP in Slovenia.

Last edited:

charmblade

Final Flight
Oh right, I actually knew that. Silly me. Well, good for her! Excited to see what this season brings.

SimplyAFan

On the Ice
Love Leah's program :) if her FS is just as good, she should do really well on the JGP. I'm pleased with Polina's program so far. Nice to see her execute well! Gracie, I'm keeping in mind she just got back from Japan. It wasn't a total crash and burn, do maybe she's learning to trust her training more (thanks Frank!), so I'll be interested to see where she's at when the season begins. Not a fan of Courtney's style. Usually live her jumps, she just had a really off day. Anyone know why angela wang scored so low?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Couldn't help but wonder if this had something to do with Angela's performance... :(

https://twitter.com/AngelaWangster/status/492040306859048960

A bit of positive follow-up news is that Angela's mother was able to leave the hospital after about a week.
Not diminishing the physical and emotional stress on Angela -- ever since her mother's accident (Jul 22) and continuing to this day.
Just sayin' that I think that the very worst is behind her mother and her, thank goodness. Best wishes to the Wang family.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

SimplyAFan

On the Ice
Glad to hear she's doing better. Good for Angela for still getting out there and skating. Hope things settle down for her and her family.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
It's good that Angela's mom has recovered enough to be able to go home! I wish her the best/effective recovery!

aftertherain

Record Breaker
And is it just me or do Gracie's jumps still look a little iffy (I mean besides the missed 3-3)? Her landings have never been "soft," but it seems like the height on her jumps has diminished. So same type of landing, but different height?

aftertherain

Record Breaker
I guess that could be attributed to jet lag after the ICE?

No, I don't know if that's the case--her jumps have been slowly diminishing after Nationals. It could be due to the long season (has she gotten adequate rest?), but maybe she hasn't been training as strictly. Or a bunch of other factors we don't know about and can only guess at.

FSGMT

Record Breaker

Yes, she is assigned to JGP2, where Sakhanovich, Kaiumova and Saarinen will compete, too, but I think she has a good medal chance if she skates as she did yesterday! :yes:

elif

Medalist
And is it just me or do Gracie's jumps still look a little iffy (I mean besides the missed 3-3)? Her landings have never been "soft," but it seems like the height on her jumps has diminished. So same type of landing, but different height?

She was like that in Worlds too, except 3lutz. :no: I don't know why her jumps become that low. :confused: