Kostner to sit out 2014-15 season | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Kostner to sit out 2014-15 season

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't see Carolina continuing. The new girls PCS will continue to climb and that's the only big advantage that Carolina had but she was already having trouble keeping up with the jumps of the younger girls and was having some bad moments last season until the Olympics and then bombing her LP at Worlds. Now would be the perfect time to retire.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I don't see Carolina continuing. The new girls PCS will continue to climb and that's the only big advantage that Carolina had but she was already having trouble keeping up with the jumps of the younger girls and was having some bad moments last season until the Olympics and then bombing her LP at Worlds. Now would be the perfect time to retire.

agreed and she isn't getting younger either
along with it, her jumps will start to diminish

Alba

Record Breaker
its 2014, cant believe skaters who have been around longer than 2006 wil still be competing
they need to accept their glory days have long passed and should retire

ts time for the young, more technical, fresh skaters

These things happen in a natural manner. A cycle is closed another one opens.

Globetrotter

Medalist
She will be missed as the lady skater with possibly the best footwork sequence. I think her mastery over the step sequence is second to none, with perhaps only Mao Asada coming close. That straight line footwork sequence in Bolero Winter Olympics 2014 LP has got to be Kostner at her very best complexity plus speed and edge control.

SXTN

Final Flight
agreed and she isn't getting younger either
along with it, her jumps will start to diminish

For more than 8 years she had big trouble with her Lutz, abandoned it completely for 2 seasons and for the last two years it suddenly became her +2 money jump....
:sarcasm: