If our beloved skaters played football | Golden Skate

If our beloved skaters played football

Meoima

Match Penalty
Because World Cup is happening!

If only we could make a team out out all our beloved skaters. Please contribute your ideas! :)

Here is the illustration of football player position: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Metodo_(ENG).png

Yulia could play the center forward position, her stare would make the rival goalkeeper down on his knees.:laugh:

I would chose Yuzuru as the right winger, thanks to his big jumps. He can be in charge of the free kick and shot from distance (hit and miss quad as we all know it) but when he hit it, the shot can be beautiful. :biggrin:

Javi as the left winger, also thanks to his quads.

Mao and Carolina could play as the left and right inside forward.

Plushy could play the center halfback, cause even though he is kinda old, he is very steady and experienced.

PChan and Daisuke can play at the left and right halfback positions.

Lambiel and Weir could play the right and left fullback. Johnny Weir can stop the rival's strikers with his ...weird outfits. Lambiel can use his Zoo collection costumes, too.:popcorn:

Who should be the goalkeeper? I need some one with consistency and nerves of steal, Yuna maybe. Minimize the probability of goals against their team.;) and of course Lambiel and Johnny have to do their best to protect the queen (or more like she protect them). Eh he he he

wanpe

On the Ice
Never thought of linking FS to soccer like this!
But I do agree with your idea of having Yulia as a centre forward!
Who's gonna be the referee for the game, any suggestions?

Meoima

Match Penalty
Never thought of linking FS to soccer like this!
But I do agree with your idea of having Yulia as a centre forward!
Who's gonna be the referee for the game, any suggestions?
We will need 5 referees you know. Maybe Michael Kwan as the main referee?

We also need back up players and coach as well as the coach assistants. We also need the rival team as well, any ideas?

Rinkside
Oh dear, someone actually started such a thread. I was thinking the same while watching World cup, about a dream team made of figure skaters. It all started when I was so mad about Japan’s match with Greece and I angrily thought “these people need Yuzuru’s determination, with his crazy ambition he would have scored had he been there”.

So I was thinking about him as a center forward. He’ll want to win no matter what and overcome whatever it takes in order to score. Remember that thing about the mouse and the lion. He can have Javi and Machida as wingers. Machida will stay calm and will cleverly overcome the defense in order to deliver passes for Yuzu.
And I think PChan should be in the rival team.
Also, whenever Yuzu scores, he’ll have to do what they usually do – take his shirt off and run around happily, and then everyone jump on top of him in joy. This will look nice.
Orser at the sidelines will be indeed amusing to watch, and I can totally see Pooh at the sidelines with him. Somehow we can’t go without Pooh if Yuzu is on the field, can we?

And we need commentators. I think the guys from British eurosport who are Yuzu fans will do a good job with that. I don’t care what they know about football. It will be something like this “And the ball flies right behind the goalkeeper but he somehow saves with an amazing Ina Bauer…”

Manitou

Medalist
Tonya Harding = Luis Suarez

Vladimir Putin = Sepp Blatter

Yuna Kim = Cristiano Ronaldo (superdivas with loads of gel and still losers)

Yulia Lipnitskaya = James Rodriguez (youth, energy and grace)

Russia = Brazil (no matter what they win anyway)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I fear I don't know enough about soccer to contribute to this thread, so I'll just watch with amusement.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Same as Karne, I'm not sure I know enough about soccer. Meoima's choices seem good on paper. One change I'd make: Evan Lysacek as goalkeeper. He will block the shots with the sheer size of his body. :laugh:

Crystallize

On the Ice

Yulia Lipnitskaya = James Hernandez (youth, energy and grace)

Yes. I would have Adelina as Neymar. :laugh: The whole situation with Neymar facing a lot of pressure in his home country and Adelina having to prove herself as OGM and Russia's #1 is quite fitting. I would put Yuna as Lionel though, just imo. ;)

Krunchii

Record Breaker
^Yuna definitely seems more like Messi than Ronaldo to me

Same as Karne, I'm not sure I know enough about soccer. Meoima's choices seem good on paper. One changed I'd make: Evan Lysacek as goalkeeper. He will block the shots with the sheer size of his body. :laugh:

I think Maxim Trankov is wider though so he's also a possibility haha

Meoima

Match Penalty
Yes. I would have Adelina as Neymar. :laugh: The whole situation with Neymar facing a lot of pressure in his home country and Adelina having to prove herself as OGM and Russia's #1 is quite fitting. I would put Yuna as Lionel though, just imo. ;)
I love this idea! :popcorn: who would be Platini, then?

Meoima

Match Penalty

Yulia Lipnitskaya = James Rodriguez (youth, energy and grace)

I think Speedy should be Sepp Blatter, not Putin. :popcorn: