Tickets For Cup of China | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Tickets For Cup of China

pandaatlarge

On the Ice
I am considering if I should fly in to catch Yuzuru in this competition (or Words 2015) since I could not get the NHK Trophy. Given the short turnaround time, may I ask if anyone of you know of any decent hotel near a subway station that is near to the sports centre ? Travelling alone and will just be in Shanghai for this event so would prefer to stay somewhere convenient.. Thanks

I totally understand you. Paying for the NHK tickets on auction for all 3 days are more expensive than flying to Shanghai plus COC tickets.

I will stay in the official hotel of the event, Sheraton Pudong (not the Four Points by Sheraton which is next to the "original" Sheraton), but it is really expensive, and not really close to the sports center (I think 8 stops by subway). I don't think there is decent hotel near the sports center, so I would suggest you choose somewhere along the subway red line, even it is not in Pudong district.

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
I am considering if I should fly in to catch Yuzuru in this competition (or Words 2015) since I could not get the NHK Trophy. Given the short turnaround time, may I ask if anyone of you know of any decent hotel near a subway station that is near to the sports centre ? Travelling alone and will just be in Shanghai for this event so would prefer to stay somewhere convenient.. Thanks

Like Pandaatlarge, I am also staying that the Sheraton Pudong. It is expensive, but they have some deals on expedia, so it might be worth checking out.

ngml

Rinkside
Thanks Pandaatlarge and KansaiPJ.

I will still be going to Osaka as air tickets were bought before my failed attempt to get tickets for NHK. Just checked, yeah, Sheraton Pudong is expensive ! Will look around. Anyway, may defer and catch Worlds 2015 instead. Hope you both will enjoy coc and nhk !

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
Thanks Pandaatlarge and KansaiPJ.

I will still be going to Osaka as air tickets were bought before my failed attempt to get tickets for NHK. Just checked, yeah, Sheraton Pudong is expensive ! Will look around. Anyway, may defer and catch Worlds 2015 instead. Hope you both will enjoy coc and nhk !

Sorry that you were not able to get tickets, but if I hear of any cancelations, I will let you know. And anyway, Osaka is lovely in November, as long as you bring a coat! ;)

ngml

Rinkside
Hi, another question :).

How do you purchase the ticket, I mean can the ticket be printed on line or we must collect it from a ticketing office in Shanghai ?

From the official website, the booking link is as follows but it seems to imply that after booking, the office will call to confirm the purchase and delivery. I wonder how this would be done for overseas patrons.
http://www.228.com.cn/dzhuanti/lexusEnglish2014.html

Did you book through this or another agency ?

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
Hi, another question :).

How do you purchase the ticket, I mean can the ticket be printed on line or we must collect it from a ticketing office in Shanghai ?

From the official website, the booking link is as follows but it seems to imply that after booking, the office will call to confirm the purchase and delivery. I wonder how this would be done for overseas patrons.
http://www.228.com.cn/dzhuanti/lexusEnglish2014.html

Did you book through this or another agency ?

Hi Ngml. I was told, as many others have been, that we will have to go to the ticket office in Shanghai and pick up the tickets directly. Not very convenient, but no choice that I know of. For me, I will fly in, go get the tickets, check in to a hotel, then head to the event.

firal

Record Breaker
I'm also picking up the tickets up at the office before the event, and I was checking the address that an employee gave me over e-mail when I realized she had it wrong. I actually have the wrong address to my bank when I wired money over, but hopefully it doesn't matter.

The real address is Room2509,Fei Diao International Building, NO.1065, Zhao Jia Bang Road, Xuhui District,Shanghai.

which in Chinese is 上海市徐汇区肇嘉浜路1065号甲 飞雕国际大厦2509室

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
I'm also picking up the tickets up at the office before the event, and I was checking the address that an employee gave me over e-mail when I realized she had it wrong. I actually have the wrong address to my bank when I wired money over, but hopefully it doesn't matter.

The real address is Room2509,Fei Diao International Building, NO.1065, Zhao Jia Bang Road, Xuhui District,Shanghai.

which in Chinese is 上海市徐汇区肇嘉浜路1065号甲 飞雕国际大厦2509室

Thank you Firal for the heads up! Between flying in, getting the tickets and checking in to the hotel will be a tight fit.

pandaatlarge

On the Ice
Thank you Firal for the heads up! Between flying in, getting the tickets and checking in to the hotel will be a tight fit.

It seems so far away from the sports center, different side of the river I guess? Hope everything goes well!
And yes we should have a coffee or something. I heard there aren't many places to eat or drink near the sports center, but maybe we can do it in the fast food corner in the center:p

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
It seems so far away from the sports center, different side of the river I guess? Hope everything goes well!
And yes we should have a coffee or something. I heard there aren't many places to eat or drink near the sports center, but maybe we can do it in the fast food corner in the center:p

That would be fun! :)

ngml

Rinkside
Btw, can anyone advise how cold is it inside the skating arena ? Its my first time attending and I want to be prepared for cold....

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
Btw, can anyone advise how cold is it inside the skating arena ? Its my first time attending and I want to be prepared for cold....

Never been to this venue before, but at most of these things, the temp varies between comfortable to slightly on the chilly side (if you are close to the ice). My recommendation is dress normally for the day, but bring a sweater or something like that.

ngml

Rinkside
Thanks for the advice. Will definitely bring a sweater but wonder if down jacket is required as saw some people wearing in various videos.

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
Thanks for the advice. Will definitely bring a sweater but wonder if down jacket is required as saw some people wearing in various videos.

Well, it will be early November, so I don't think a jacket or coat would be out of the question.