Maxim Kovtun | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Maxim Kovtun

r1kubu

Rinkside
hope maxim win at least a medal at EC:cheer:
i love his step seq. and he's improved his skating much better.

r1kubu

Rinkside
Well done maxim, well done:clap:
that was not your best performance but no pop up jumps!
conngrats on your first european medal!

paulusfr

On the Ice
Maxim said that he had prepared two versions of the free skate for WC: with 2 and 3 quads. But I doubt he will land 3 quads. Probably to get the podium, he must show best perfomance of his life. But the main interest I have is another point. He is maybe the only skater who doesn't land a combination of three jumps. Because he doesn't know how to land other jumps (even 2Lo). That is he wants to land another quad to get + ~5 points. But he doesn't want land 2Lo to get ~2 points. And he is called the best male skater in Russia right now. I find it quite wierd.

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maxim said that he had prepared two versions of the free skate for WC: with 2 and 3 quads. But I doubt he will land 3 quads. Probably to get the podium, he must show best perfomance of his life. But the main interest I have is another point. He is maybe the only skater who doesn't land a combination of three jumps. Because he doesn't know how to land other jumps (even 2Lo). That is he wants to land another quad to get + ~5 points. But he doesn't want land 2Lo to get ~2 points. And he is called the best male skater in Russia right now. I find it quite wierd.

He's been landing jumps more consistently and he's been landing more difficult jumps. AND he's the 3rd man I think (After Reynolds and Menshov) that have landed 2 quads in SP. I can see why.

I hate people talking all this bullcrab about him.

LRK

Record Breaker
Yes. poor lad - I think he should be treated positively here on this thread at least! Anyway, good luck to him going into Worlds'.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes. poor lad - I think he should be treated positively here on this thread at least! Anyway, good luck to him going into Worlds'.

Exactly! 2nd at Euros should give him more confidence to do really well at worlds. He's probably going to be the only one doing 2 quads in a SP this Worlds.

kallirroe

On the Ice
Maxim started so strong in his short programm today , i mean 4s-3t whaaaaaat???😦😦😦😦 he took 16 points for that. But after that he fall apart. He was so dissapointed he just didnt look at his scores. Such a shame , he gots so much potential. I wish he goes well in the free and be in the 8 at least 😍

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
He looked positively shell-shocked. It's one thing for someone like Peter Liebers to melt down - I mean, I still felt terrible for him, but the pressure & expectations on Kovtun are an entirely different thing...and he still has to skate another program. Hope he will be ok.

paulusfr

On the Ice
"I was calm and focused at the beginning of SP, - Maxim Kovtun said. - Landed 4-3. And I was focused on myself before the start, I did not look anyone. Just warming up. Everything was perfect, I wasn't nervous. Of course, I have big problems on 4T, and it was before going to Shanghai also. A lot of trainings was "dirty" because of this. I went on 4T and just wanted to do it. I pushed off backhand, because it was the best way to do this jump (now for me). And when I popped it, I was very upset. I was sure about Combo and 3A. I jumped 4T like in many trainings before the competition. Now I just left the ice - and I'm shocked a bit. I haven't thought about the FS yet. Now I'm trying to understand why it happens. Probably some problems with psychology. Because I land quads stable in the trainings and I don't know who else is doing it as well as I do. Now I can't understand anything at all."

"I don't want to find for some moments and excuses - Maxim Kovtun said. - I went on the ice and skate my program. If I did would have done toe and axel, it would be much easier to skate the program today and I wouldn't tired. I was prepared very well. Although the preparation for the competition was not easy. Absolutely all my injuries worsened. Always something hurts. I skated on injections. But all was good before the tournament, I'm in good shape. And then - this happened..."

http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20150327/818264488.html

He is sometimes called "the training's King", but actually there are many kings throughout the world.

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
I do hope he figures out what happened - or, at the very least, can pull himself together for tomorrow, and not let this haunt him for the free. I felt really sorry for him today - and it began so well too!

kallirroe

On the Ice
I think it is big pressure because he needs to prove that it wasnt right for russia federation to send plushenko in sochi and not him , who was first at nationals . He didnt even saw his scores , i think he was crying. It is hard that after so much training he is 16 rank. From his interview i really cant understand what happened. Maybe him being last to skate ?? Why is he insists on 4T afterall ?? 3lz could Have him good points and be in the top 6 👍👍i wish he regain confidence and give everything for the free programm. He deserves to fight !!!!

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
I read somewhere that Plush is planning to come back for 2018. So, I was wondering if an announcement like this, put him off. IMO Russian skaters over the last 10-12 years where "haunted" by possible Plushy come backs. As far as I remember he retired for the first time after Turin.

Maksim's first combo was really good. I felt sorry for him, when he popped his other jumps. He has quite a burden to carry.

paulusfr

On the Ice
Plushenko is doing everything in order to all Russia hates him. He has probably the biggest megalomania in the world. What he is doing last few years - it isn't normal. But I don't think he affect on Kovtun somehow based on his behavior, words, interviews. Maxim should get rid of prejudices about the competitions and focus on himself, but not on others.

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
Plushenko is doing everything in order to all Russia hates him. He has probably the biggest megalomania in the world. What he is doing last few years - it isn't normal. But I don't think he affect on Kovtun somehow based on his behavior, words, interviews. Maxim should get rid of prejudices about the competitions and focus on himself, but not on others.

That's true.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

really?? all Russia? LOL! I don't like when anybody lies on international forums or have no enough informations...

http://fom.ru/TSennosti/11719

Poll "Moral authority" by Public Opinion Foundation (FOM) which was held during august....

Of course, at the first place are politicians ... but among athletes, Plu is on "3rd" place - only Emelianenko and Tretiak get round 1% of the votes, Plushy led a small group of athletes who are nevertheless, mentioned

Who is for you moral authority from the famous people of the country?
Name, please, no more than five names.

Putin 36%
Lavrov 6
Sergei Shoigu 5
F. Emelianenko 1
Vladimir Tretiak 1
Other art workers (Alexander Solzhenitsyn, L. Zykina, O. Basilashvili, D. Matsuev, etc..) 9
Other athletes (K. Ju, E. Plushenko, I. Viner, A. Arshavin...) 3%
Scientists (Sakharov, Kapitsa, Alferov et al.) 2

http://prosport-online.ru/football/100-samyh-populyarnyh-rossijskih-sportsmenov-rejting-prosport
100 самых популярных российских спортсменов: полный список.
http://www.prosport-online.ru/football/ ... portsmenov
1. Александр Овечкин, хоккей, 29 лет
2. Мария Шарапова, теннис, 27 лет
3. Евгений Плющенко, фигурное катание, 32 года

http://www.dni.ru/society/2014/12/16/289479.html
Plushy is AGAIN, favorite athlete in voting of Russian citizens, according to fund "Public Opinion"! .... Poll is "Man of the Year", categories: politic, culture and sport...
1. Plushenko 2. Lipnitskaya 3. Sotnikova

http://wciom.ru/index.php?id=459&uid=115105
Another annual a survey by big All-Russian Public Opinion Research Center (VCIOM)...
according to Russian citizens, Plushy is most popular Russian athlete in 2014 - 3rd time in a row! 1. Plushenko 2. Lipnitskaya 3. Sotnikova

http://gtmarket.ru/news/2014/12/30/7033

Rating of the Russian elite in 2014. He is among them..

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I read somewhere that Plush is planning to come back for 2018. So, I was wondering if an announcement like this, put him off. IMO Russian skaters over the last 10-12 years where "haunted" by possible Plushy come backs. As far as I remember he retired for the first time after Turin.

Maksim's first combo was really good. I felt sorry for him, when he popped his other jumps. He has quite a burden to carry.

I think Plushy won't compete in 2018. He will be 35 he will lose from the younger guys. But that is funny the Russian guys fall because they afraid of Plushy's comeback. :drama:

Last edited: