Maxim Kovtun | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Maxim Kovtun

iskate

On the Ice
What does the article says?

I tried to translate it, I study Russian so am not a native speaker, plus it's always hard to translate things word for word...Some of my translation is probably wrong but I hope this gives you the gist of it :)

Sex adventures of Maxim Kovtun

Figure skater of team Russia lives with 17 yo gymnast

Fame came to Yekaterinburg-born Maxim Kovtun in December 2013, when he won Russian nationals, beating Evgeni Plushenko himself. But to the 2014 Olympics went not Maxim, but the veteran. Nevertheless Kovtun didn't lost his spirit: in the next season he won Russian nationals and two Grand Prix events. At Euros in Stockholm he won "silver", but at worlds in Shanghai he was only seventh. They say that Max's stormy personal life prevents him from stabilising his sporting form.

Rather little is known about the young talent off the ice. At the age of four he started skating under the strict guidance of his father - a high level figure skater, and now coach Pavel Kovtun. But then to perform intricate "pirouettes" seemed rather frivolous to Maxim - he dreamed of becoming an NHL star and shamelessly skipped training, chasing a puck around the yard. The coach Marina Voitsehovskaya instilled love for figure skating in him - with her Kovtun achieved his first serious result.

In his childhood fantasies Max dreamed of leaving Yekaterinburg and going to one of the centres of figure skating development - in Moscow or St Petersburg. He couldn't imagine that after a number of successful performances in 2011 he would join Nikolai Morozov's group and would train in the USA. There the most interesting part began.

"In USA Kovtun was blown away in happiness," a person told us, widely known in the world of figure skating, who wished to remain anonymous. "He was interested in everything except what he was sent there and what they paid the costs for. At the age of 16 he already was living with 19 yo figure skater Ekaterina Pushkash. Naturally, at training Max appeared to be in absolutely indecent form, and all comments from his mentor (coach) passed right by his ears. As a result, Morozov kicked him out.

Maxim's mother Elena Alexeevna confirms this juicy story: "My son even called her his bride - everything was serious for them."

Kilometres separated the lovers: left without a coach, in the summer of 2012 Kovtun returned to Moscow, Pushkash didn't want to go with him, she was already skating with Jonathan Gurreiro - in short, her sporting career was more important than amorous things.

Maxim, having arrived in Moscow, phoned the leading coach of CSKA Elena Buianova. She took pity and took Maxim into her group for a trial period.

"The FS federation got Max a studio apartment near the metro station "Airport" (??not sure about this, didn't really understand)," shared his mother. "And still for half a year he replaced three cars. At first he drove an Audi, then a BMW, and in Feb he got a Mercedes. And he started to save up for an apartment in Moscow.

LAZY INACTIVITY

In the corridors of CSKA they have been whispering for a long time that Kovtun's full life would not have happened if Tarasova herself hadn't taken him over.
"Tatiana Anatolevna has so much sympathy for this guy that it seems she's ready to "give him her last trousers" (expression, means she'd give up a lot for him basically, I think). - a knowledgeable person told me. And otherwise - where does so much money come from to an unstable athlete? Tarasova indulges her "disciple" - she sends a jar of black caviar with a courier, then she presents expensive watches…Only Kovtun, her hopes are not yet justified, and it seems that now, again it has begun for him - now all this "hanky panky" with a gymnast screws and often interferes with his sporting regime. Here before worlds in Shanghai, instead of training or gathering his strength, he walked around somewhere with her all night. Youth things (like…this is normal for young people?), of course, but the result is obvious - seventh place!

We decided to find out who Maxim lives with, and looked into his social networking. The figure skater's "chosen one" truly became a gymnast with an unusual name, Chilita Bagdzhi - Maxim's "microblog" (Insta, Twitter etc) is full of her photographs. The long-legged brunette is only 17, but she already successfully trains kids and at the same time is developing a profession as a model. Maxim's fans bombarded her with questions on "Ask" (ask.fm, where others wishing to may anonymousy ask the user anything), trying to find out how serious it all is. Below are the most interesting q&as:

-"Chi, do you know the gymnast Diana Borisova? She dated Maxim before!"
-"I know her" (well, technically she says "You know"…not sure what she means exactly)

-"And about Max and Ekaterina Pushkash? (Do you knw) that they were together?"
-"I know"

-"He also had an affair with the gymnast Sasha Semenova!"
-"Where did you get this info?"

-"Why do you have such an unusual name?"
-"I'm half Turkish"

-"You are 17 and already not a virgin! How is it so?"
-"What is happening, where is this world heading?"

-"You were with hockey players, but it didn't work out…Maxim has been seduced"
-"I don't know a single hockey placer, and never even messaged with them"

Then they just list some more questions and answers from her ask site, can't be bothered trying to translate those, informal Russian is always harder to figure out...

Pretty horrible and nosy of them to publish something like that (although I guess it is a tabloid...still, Russian tabloids seem to be even worse than Aussie/American/other English-speaking ones). In the same magazine is an article titled "Tuktamysheva's new boyfriend"...I haven't gotten around to reading that one but I'm sure it will also be full of crap, haha.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for translating. It's very much appreciated.

Maxim certainly is an interesting character and has some interesting stories :biggrin:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Thank you for translating, iskate. So he lived with a 19-year-old woman when he was 16? Yikes...and how did he afford all those cars? :scratch: I can understand TAT buying him caviar, but surely she didn't spring for the Mercedes...

I had to look at the Liza article too - Mishin cracks me up.

Is it true that Lisa has a new boyfriend and she now flies on the wings of love? - It's just a game, childish pranks. With skater Murad Kurbanov Lisa does not occur. He lives in Moscow, is in St. Petersburg. Guys are overwritten on the internet, share photos. They seem to be playing in love, but there's nothing there. In Tuktamysheva have one friend - Andrew Lazukin , he rides in our group. Lisa and Andrew are friends meet after training, go home together.

What are the prospects Lazukina? - Become a strong skater, or possession of the body of Lisa? -

Alexei clearly was in good spirits.

:laugh:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I am working on the OP for Maxim's thread, and have the video list for 2014-2015 done, so please check it out?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Ok, I think I am finished with updating the OP. But if there are videos of Maxim before 2010-11 season, I would love to include them! I just failed to find any.

Any help would be much appreciated.

iskate

On the Ice
I did a bit of digging and found some videos from a Russian Cup event in 2010 (still from 2010-11 season, but they aren't included in the current list).
SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD5vBtbL9Cs
FS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldu-AmuRf8c

Also from 2009-10 season!! Panin Memorial! (BABY MAXIM! Also, why do Russian boys around the age of 10-12 always have the same mullet-like hairstyle? Haha).
SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_K4vldQXJg
FS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRlWKTsJfBE

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
thanks! wow never thought i would say this but he seems really into character and enjoying it! and i have a feeling i will enjoy it too XD i hope he can pull it off!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Going the humorous route with his programs seems like a very good idea. Maybe people will lay off of him a little bit for not being "artistic" (or maybe not).

mikaboo

Medalist
A person who went to THE ICE today said that Kovtun's FS had Billy Joel's "This Night" in between Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 and No. 5.
Another person said that there is "Pathetique Sonata" in between No.9 and No.5 too.
But everybody seems to agree that his new FS is weird and wonderful so all is good :biggrin: