Takahiko Kozuka | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Takahiko Kozuka

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
What a nice surprise :) I'm very glad that Koszuka finally found his jumps and fought back. Pleeez JSF send him to Worlds. He's one of my favourite skaters.

Cheers TAKA! Congrats :cheer:

CarneAsada

Medalist
Yay Taka! Poor guy, his thread's so anemic and empty for a skater of his age. :biggrin: Hopefully the JSF gives him the chance to shine once again at Worlds.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Taka! It was a joy to see him skate to his potential! When a skater performs an emotional and passionate skate
like Taka did today it touches every person in the audience and such a treat for us skating fans to witness figure skating at its best.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Kozuka's best moment: Worlds 2011.

It was the three Japanese Men - Takahashi, Oda, and Kozuka - at their peaks, vs Patrick Chan who had skated a record breaking SP, followed by Oda at second, more than 11 points behind, and Takahashi the reigning World Champion. Kozuka was 6th, over 15 points behind the SP winner. The day of the LP, Patrick started the last group with another record smashing performance. Then Oda Zayaked and fell more than 37 points behind (LP alone). After Gachinski with his best at over 24 points behind Chan, it was Takahashi's long anicipated turn. Drama and equipment malfunction got him 35 points behind the leader. The Japanese domination and podium hope were collapsing. Kozuka stepped on the ice as the least and last hope for Japan. He skated the flawless and best of his life, eclipsing Patrick in TES and everybody else in the competition. With just 7 points behind Chan who had started his 2 year winning streak that season and who went on to win 3 consecutive Worlds titles, Kozuka led the rest of the field by at least 23 points in LP and won a convincing Worlds Silver medal. His good friend Patrick Chan flashed a happy grin at him on the podium when he received his medal.

Besides that glorious national pride saving Worlds Silver Medal, Kozuka has had many international medals and, except for 2012/13 season, has never been off the National podium since 2007. Why his federation deems him undeserving of representing his country at Worlds and the last Olympics unless he has a perfect season of outstanding results both domestically and internationally, I do not understand. Yes, bad karma to JSF if they screw with Kozuka and break his heart again. :mad:

Last edited:

makaihime

Final Flight
Kozuka's best moment: Worlds 2011.

It was the three Japanese Men - Takahashi, Oda, and Kozuka - at their peaks, vs Patrick Chan who had skated a record breaking SP, followed by Oda at second, more than 11 points behind, and Takahashi the reigning World Champion. Kozuka was 6th, over 15 points behind the SP winner. The day of the LP, Patrick started the last group with another record smashing performance. Then Oda Zayaked and fell more than 37 points behind (LP alone). After Gachinski with his best at over 24 points behind Chan, it was Takahashi's long anicipated turn. Drama and equipment malfunction got him 35 points behind the leader. The Japanese domination and podium hope were collapsing. Kozuka stepped on the ice as the least and last hope for Japan. He skated the flawless and best of his life, eclipsing Patrick in TES and everybody else in the competition. With just 7 points behind Chan who hard started his 2 year winning streak that season and who went on to win 3 consecutive Worlds titles, Kozuka led the rest of the field by at least 23 points in LP and won a convincing Worlds Silver medal. His good friend Patrick Chan flashed a happy grin at him on the podium when he received his medal.

Besides that glorious national pride saving Worlds Silver Medal, Kozuka has had many international medals and, except for 2012/13 season, has never been off the National podium since 2007. Why his federation deems him undeserving of representing his country at Worlds and the last Olympics unless he has a perfect season of outstanding results both domestically and internationally, I do not understand. Yes, bad karma to JSF if they screw with Kozuka and break his heart again. :mad:

:cry: :hopelessness:

Meoima

Match Penalty
My friend in Japan said from some news, JSF is planing to send Yuzuru, Tatsuki and...Mura to Worlds.
:cry: Let's hope it's not true please,

AprilS

On the Ice
My friend in Japan said from some news, JSF is planing to send Yuzuru, Tatsuki and...Mura to Worlds.

WAT. That's ridiculous! :eek: I will be so, so mad... and I was rooting for Mura too :( I really hope they send Kozuka, please send Kozuka...

chezzu

On the Ice

I would be so angry. Has JSF announced anything yet? Hopefully these are just baseless rumors.

foruiz

Final Flight
Yay for Kozuka! But it would be sad for him to be left out for the Worlds because he deserves to be there... I will be watching yesterdays videos in a bit.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Machida just announced his immediate retirement to focus on his education. This is somewhat shocking but does invalidate the the speculation of his going to Worlds in Kozuka's place, which of course is not secured as of now even with his Nationals Bronze finish.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Another congratulation to Taka. This is too much drama which should not have been regarding to his place on the Worlds team.

Bring it, Taka. The best to you at this World Championship.

mikaboo

Medalist
Happy about Kozuka, sad about Machida. What an emotionally busy day!

Congratulations to Kozuka :cheer:
The audience reaction when he appeared from behind the curtains was sweet.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Happy about Kozuka, sad about Machida. What an emotionally busy day!

Congratulations to Kozuka :cheer:
The audience reaction when he appeared from behind the curtains was sweet.

No more tears of hurt and disappointment from Takahiko and instead a smile of boyish joy. Happy that his decision to soldier on this season has been vindicated. :)

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
so happy for him, it must have been hard season for him and finally he can relax and be more motivated for worlds :cheer: