Takahiko Kozuka | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Takahiko Kozuka

cdngirl

On the Ice
Congratulations on making the World Team, Taka. Please don't retire. First Daisuke, now Tatsuki... I don't think we can take anymore heartbreak. All the best at the Worlds. Looking forward to seeing you on the podium again!

makaihime

Final Flight
Ugh, watching his FS from nationals again and I got chills. Those SS make me :love: everytime....if its not hard on him physically and financially, I hope he'll stick around till 2018...:cry:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
here is the interview with taka after nationals, he is talking about putting skating on hold to complete his graduate school and also underrotation issue, thanks to tumblr user ohlovesosweet

Interspectator

Record Breaker
here is the interview with taka after nationals, he is talking about putting skating on hold to complete his graduate school and also underrotation issue, thanks to tumblr user ohlovesosweet

Kozuka comes from a long line of skaters so he knows what he's talking about! Good for him for speaking his mind and I hope that after he is finished competing he can lend his abundant knowledge to making figure skating better from the inside-out.
Maybe he will develop better technology to determine rotations for both spins and jumps.
Go TAKA!

-But first, best of luck for World Championships! Get another Medal. :cheer:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Oh no please don't tell me he will retire after Worlds.
What are you plans after Worlds?
I still have to finish graduate school. My research is in biomechanics, analyzing the efficiency of athletes’ movements. My competitive career will be put on hold to finish my degree, and I am currently unsure whether or not I will return to competition.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Oh no please don't tell me he will retire after Worlds.

well, its hard to tell, if he can have good reasults at worlds he may think " yes i still got it" and it might motivate him or he may think " i have good result, now i can retire in peace", if he has bad results he may think " i passed my time, whats the point to continue" or he may think " i know i can do it, i cant stop here " or it might totally depend on his school :D so many possibilities :laugh:

Meoima

Match Penalty
well, its hard to tell, if he can have good reasults at worlds he may think " yes i still got it" and it might motivate him or he may think " i have good result, now i can retire in peace", if he has bad results he may think " i passed my time, whats the point to continue" or he may think " i know i can do it, i cant stop here " or it might totally depend on his school :D so many possibilities :laugh:
:cry: Best wishes for him at Worlds no matter what

cruzceleste

Record Breaker

Why it depend on his school? I thought Takahiko has already graduated from university.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Why it depend on his school? I thought Takahiko has already graduated from university.

i dont know, he says in his interview that
I still have to finish graduate school. My research is in biomechanics, analyzing the efficiency of athletes’ movements. My competitive career will be put on hold to finish my degree, and I am currently unsure whether or not I will return to competition.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Oh, thank you for the information.

I hope he doesn´t retired.

purpledream

On the Ice

Yet another? Omg if this turns out to be his decision post worlds, that's yet another heartbreak for me.... first the Sochi veterans, then Tatsuki now Taka too?!?!?! :shocked:

ETA: And omg, from his interview I can't believe Taka is now the oldest amongst the Japanese men.... I mean, how can that be? :shocked:

Last edited:

cdngirl

On the Ice
Please say it isn't so. I can't take one more retirement after Daisuke and Tatsuki. If Taka doesn't stick around then I give up because the three of them have the artistry and presentation skills that I love to see.

makaihime

Final Flight
Noooooo :cry: I jinxed it. Just after I said I want him to stay till 2018....The skating gods have not been kind to all of Team Japan and their fans this year between all the injuries, retirements, and whatnot....:hopelessness:

Yet another? Omg if this turns out to be his decision post worlds, that's yet another heartbreak for me.... first the Sochi veterans, then Tatsuki now Taka too?!?!?! :shocked:

ETA: And omg, from his interview I can't believe Taka is now the oldest amongst the Japanese men.... I mean, how can that be? :shocked:

And if Takahiko really retires........that means Kanako will be the oldest at the young age of 20??! Followed by Yuzuru :jaw:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker

Everyone else retired, if you think about it Daisuke Takahashi, Akiko Suzuki and Fumie were the oldest at 2013 championship.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Noooooo :cry: I jinxed it. Just after I said I want him to stay till 2018....The skating gods have not been kind to all of Team Japan and their fans this year between all the injuries, retirements, and whatnot....:hopelessness:
And if Takahiko really retires........that means Kanako will be the oldest at the young age of 20??! Followed by Yuzuru :jaw:
Mura is still older, remember?
If Mao decides to continue... Then maybe she's the oldest. I hope Taka will be happy no matter what.

makaihime

Final Flight
Mura is still older, remember?
If Mao decides to continue... Then maybe she's the oldest. I hope Taka will be happy no matter what.

:slink: I feel really bad now....I completely forgot about Mura for a moment there. And Daisuke Murakami as well :hopelessness:
I'm not sure Mao will come back, especially looking at the current crop of Russian girls right now. I would love it if she did for the sole reason of simply loving the sport but the judges will be extremely harsh on her with the new calls. She has nothing to prove but I will be happy with whatever makes her happy :yes: